Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When Do You /ignore In Mmos?

seventhbeacon

I have a feeling all of us are a little different.  I'm okay with smack talk and some angry words, as long as it expires in a reasonable amount of time.  Here's how I usually approach it:

1) If it's a spambot or some idiot who refuses to use the Trade channel continuously even after being asked by others to stop... I /ignore.  Any gold-selling spambot also gets reported to hopefully help speed that process along.

2) If the person is a REALLY sore loser or is somehow so angry or offended about something they send more than 3 or 4 /tells or /whispers or is just shouting in the zone.... I /ignore.

3) If I'm in a PUG and someone ninjas loot (this isn't really an issue any more), or bails halfway through a grouped content area after getting what they want... I /ignore.  In some games, this prevents them from randomly ending up with me in a group finder queue.

4) If some is really stupid, and I mean REALLY stupid, they're pretty obviously a few sticks short of a pack of gum... I /ignore.

Usually, I just close any General Chat channels before it even gets to that.  Ignore is a tiresome effort so if I don't have to do it, whatever.  Trash talk in PvP of any sort is normal and expected, so it doesn't faze me, but if someone is particularly disgusting about it, or directly offensive, I /ignore.  I don't actually report unless there's a direct threat to me or someone else plain as day.

99% of my ignore are spambots.  Sure, there are a lot of obnoxious people online, especially in F2P MMOs, but I try not to bother because chances are they'll never get past the starting zones/planets or I'll rarely see them again.  Some regulars in main hub areas do eventually troll so much in Gen Chat that they end up getting the /ignore from me, but that's a pretty rare occurrence.

Edited by seventhbeacon

Never. I enjoy angry messages.

I'm not against drinking tears, but it's like wine.  A little with dinner, sure, but I don't want to fill up on it.  I have better things to do and rage-toddlers are beneath me.  I understand if some of the PvP crowd live for it, though.  I do get the appeal, I just don't binge.

Just spam. When I get the angry ones I troll for a few minutes to really bring the anger and sit back n laugh. Ive occasionally brought some ss of the ridiculous ones to the boards for others enjoyment

X6RBqg7.gif

what's everybody got against spam...i love spam...i'm having the spam, spam, span,spam , bacond and eggs, baked beans and spam...

oh wait...sorry...

yeah...spambots get the /ignore

the rest, haven't had to in any game, yet... that being said, i'm fairly certain i've been ignored on a few occasions...

can't imagine why

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I'm usually the one getting ignored. :(

I have no idea why everybody thinks I'm an unpleasant person.

Edited by cannibal man

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

I ignore certain people when they spam me with group invites in order to group teleport me out of safe zone to pk me lol.

yeah...sorry about that....

/hides

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Beggars. I can ignore spammers on my own, it doesn't take a game mechanic to do it. But beggars get the /ignore treatment asap and I don't go back on it. If you're in a freehold asking a thousand people for 50g so you can train or something then it's apparent that you're a lazy sack of crap that I should never waste my time conversing with :)

I LOVE hate /tells and eRage. The more seething anger, the better.

Beggars. I can ignore spammers on my own, it doesn't take a game mechanic to do it. But beggars get the /ignore treatment asap and I don't go back on it. If you're in a freehold asking a thousand people for 50g so you can train or something then it's apparent that you're a lazy sack of crap that I should never waste my time conversing with :)

I LOVE hate /tells and eRage. The more seething anger, the better.

I forgot all about beggars!  Yeah, that too.  If someone needs help finding something, sure.  I believe in giving a noob the tools to figure it out, but you need to learn to wipe your own chin, not ask for a handout when you don't really need it (and no one needs one in an MMO).