Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders' Update: Siege and beyond - Official discussion thread

Could be for building structures, but hopefully it is to craft vessels and gear as well.

and if we will be testing caravans, we'll need something to haul I would imagine. Organically speaking like they stated their development philosophy is, crafting would likely be the next step after they get resources and the movement of said resources online and functional.

Edited by pang

You can look at the functionality like layers of an onion. First, combat and physics. Then team-based combat. Then siege mechanics and castle destruction. Then a small campaign with resource spawning and caravans. Then a large campaign. Then a series of larger campaigns. Start small and you build and polish, build and polish.

The key to this approach is that it is very adaptable, you are growing INTO your vision organically.  You avoid the risk of building a bunch of disconnected parts and ”slamming them together” at the end of the process and hoping everything works.

Thats one of the main reasons why Project Titan and EverQuest Next failed.

They built stuff, smashed all together, and it didnt work at all, of course.

So hopefully Crowfall will become the kind of game most of us are expecting.

Oh and "Small campaign world"?!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh    :D

I waited for this, really!

Really really waited for this.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Why would we need resources unless we have some form of crafting?

Could be for building structures, but hopefully it is to craft vessels and gear as well.

and if we will be testing caravans, we'll need something to haul I would imagine. Organically speaking like they stated their development philosophy is, crafting would likely be the next step after they get resources and the movement of said resources online and functional.

Resources can be for building/repairing/upgrading structures or siege weapons.

Hoped something to hear about ACE hosted European servers, but guess I need a little bit more patience! Yes, Tyrant, I won't stop bugging you about this until we hear more!  ;) It's kinda important to us, ya know!

Always fun to read these Founder's updates. Good luck summer applicants, hope your dream will come true!

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Resources can be for building/repairing/upgrading structures or siege weapons.

Yep and like I said if we have resources we will likely need to transport them hence why Caravans would be included at that stage.

Hoped something to hear about ACE hosted European servers, but guess I need a little bit more patience! Yes, Tyrant, I won't stop bugging you about this until we hear more!  ;) It's kinda important to us, ya know!

Always fun to read these Founder's updates. Good luck summer applicants, hope your dream will come true!

Aren't the EU tests, europeon servers?

MOkvLlm.png

Beta servers aye. But so far ACE hasn't confirmed they'll host European servers at launch. They want to, but are not sure if they are able.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Beta servers aye. But so far ACE hasn't confirmed they'll host European servers at launch. They want to, but are not sure if they are able.

They would be able, if Crowfall gets anwhere near its expectations, to receive around 85% of the people playing Guildwars 2 WvW and TESO WvW.

As well as most of the people, who left these games already years ago.

In addition many new interested people would very probably give the game a fair chance.

So even if the attention for Crowfall from Europe isnt that overwhelming by now, my guess is that they will be able to recruit a formidable amount (quantity) of customers, trying out the game, giving it a try; as well as a good "quality" of people, aware and ready to support a game and a company they like, trust and enjoy.

It would be something like this in my imgination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH7HUlYgW-s

(P.S. American synchronisation is just horrible. Even I as a not native american english speaking person could do easily a better job, in my imagination... .)

Original japanese audio is as almost always the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlR_1akXMs8

Or it is just weird hearing characters you know already with another voice in another language.

Edited by Urahara

When they say completed education I assume they mean obtained a degree? I am currently a junior in college with the skill-set they requested, however I have yet to graduate and have another year to complete after this summer. If they just mean having finished for that year though, that I can do.

When they say completed education I assume they mean obtained a degree? I am currently a junior in college with the skill-set they requested, however I have yet to graduate and have another year to complete after this summer. If they just mean having finished for that year though, that I can do.

It means completely finished. Since there is a chance we may wish to offer full-time employment at the end of an internship, we want to be sure that the candidate is available to accept such an offer. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

It means completely finished. Since there is a chance we may wish to offer full-time employment at the end of an internship, we want to be sure that the candidate is available to accept such an offer. 

I can't do it anyway, but I'm curious...

If the university is split into Bsc (3 years) and Msc (2years), while the "original" degree was obtained after the full 5 years, does the Bsc suffice?

I know lots of guys who never finished the Msc as they could get work with only Bsc, but that does not mean it's enough everywhere.