Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACE how many campaigns can one account play simultaneously?

A bit of debate about this as of late... are we going full throttle 1 account 1 campaign?  I personally like that... it seems more hardcore to me... just curious what you guys are leaning towards right now?

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm fine with 1 campaign, but I also wonder if 1 campaign per rule-set would be nice.  Could promote more fluid populations, where as a server quiets a guild might refocus their efforts, guilds might

I would much prefer that to be an internal guild issue, to be sorted out by the players in sandbox fashion.

Can you role play the Crows and Vessel system?  Yes, you can.  However, one of the problems is that not only are you not a Knight, no one is.  Everyone is a ghost that posses bodies.  Distinctiveness

I like 1 campaign per 1 account. Promote campaign loyalty.

However that might be too hardcore, since you'll have people who obviously want to play together but don't necessary want to play the same campaign style. Easier to have characters bound to campaign.

Edited by helix

I'm fine with 1 campaign, but I also wonder if 1 campaign per rule-set would be nice.  Could promote more fluid populations, where as a server quiets a guild might refocus their efforts, guilds might spread themselves too thin, I'm not sure.  It's an interesting way to develop a widespread reputation through the game and a (very slightly) greater ecology throughout the game universe, something on which this game needs work, I think.

I like 1 campaign per 1 account. Promote campaign loyalty.

However that might be too hardcore, since you'll have people who obviously want to play together but don't necessary want to play the same campaign style. Easier to have characters bound to campaign.

I like the Campaign loyalty BUT what if im in campaign A with my guild and a friend/family member etc is playing in campaign B... it would be nice if there was a way to play together without forcing people to chance campaigns (their guild might be in campaign B and wont move every one)

I dont know wha the answer is, letting people "guest: to other campaigns dilutes the loyalty, forcing people to lose every thing and go naked to a new campaign lets people move but doesnt help in the A/B campaign scenario...

we'll see

MOkvLlm.png

I don't really care--at least I haven't thought deeply enough about the possible exploitation pitfalls that may come from multiple campaigns per account.  That being said, if they do settle on one per account, you could simply buy an additional account.  That is more cost, of course, but it is not as if it isn't an apparent and legitimate workaround. 

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

I suppose they could add a cash shop item that unlocks one extra CW access, or include that in the VIP sub.

When we purchased our bundle, a basic account had 3 character slots, which means being able to join 3 different campaigns.

If they remove our ability to go in 2 out of those 3 campaigns, even though we purchased those bundles with the understanding that we could play in more than one campaign with a game copy, making us pay additional fees for something we were already supposed to have would be dishonest imo.

Edited by courant101

I'm hoping that it will be possible to play in more than just 1 campaign.

I'd like to play with a guild in Dregs/The Shadow and sometimes play solo in God's Reach during off-times/downtimes.

That would be a right option for a more complex meta-game providing there is not some game breaking exploit we don't see.

A singe crow/account locked into one campaign world from each band or rule-set would give crafters higher odds of procuring resources, and give them access to a larger market share thus giving them a way to hedge their bets at a 4:1 ratio instead of locked to one single campaign world this would be a positive for crafters and merchants. This also gives clans the same opportunity to leverage manpower or spread out risk. But here is the problem it's participation. Should they get a share of resources because they locked to the campaign world if their faction wins in Gods Reach, but they spent most of their game-playing hours in the dregs where they lost and got nothing. Whilst I too like the idea of options it could be problematic. 

One crow/account locked to a single campaign world and their fortune rises or falls within a single campaign and clans/crafters cannot mitigate the risk if their faction or team is losing, they are stuck until someone bends the knee. Nothing wrong with this approach it's simple. Although if there is not some type of bailout from a bad choice of campaign world,  individual players may washout of the game entirely.

On the other side of the fence, allowing one crow/account to lock into unlimited campaign worlds would encourage a shotgun approach and players will lock to every campaign world available because they can...     If one can select everything, then choice is inherently pointless. And the Bandwagon rolls on. Not ideal in my opinion. 

I was hoping the Fealty Tree was gonna be used for something other than an organizational tool for the EKs. I had envisioned it as a a way to offer a 'time limited' guest pass to a specific campaign world.

Make me a duke in your organization, and my banner-men and I have access to fight on your behalf, in your campaign world, as we are now flagged allies. When our contract is up, or the timer runs out, our access to your world is cancelled.

You pay us from resources stored at your EK, we get to import them without restrictions to our EK. But I'm not a game designer so this might be the most horrible idea ever posted.
Edited by corvax

It was never stated that you could play in three CW with three different characters on one account. There has always been the possibility that CW would be locked to the account level regardless of the number of characters you have. At least that is how I understood it to be.

Lopar

The Cult

It was never stated that you could play in three CW with three different characters on one account. There has always been the possibility that CW would be locked to the account level regardless of the number of characters you have. At least that is how I understood it to be.

Lopar

The Cult

That doesn't seem in line with their initial philosophy. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

It doesn't matter what their initial philosophy was... the lock only helps those with money and time to use a second account (or more) and potentially more VIPs, and makes it frustrating for others.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Lopar

The Cult

"[...] is it allowed to buy and use multiple accounts to bypass the 1-character (per campaign) limit on normal and VIP accounts?"
"We aren't fans. However, there's really not a whole lot we can do about it. The thing we can try is: ensure that there's so much to do with an active character that playing multiple would likely mean you aren't performing at 100% effectiveness on either."

"Probably not - we want to encourage players to play a single character within a campaign, so we’re putting design rules in place to encourage that. An upshot of this design is that the best “crafters” won’t generally be alternate characters, because it’s not a very effective strategy."

If they weren't fans of multi-account to bypass the limit of one character per campaign and wanted to encourage players to put one character per campaign, it's most likely because players were allowed to have 3 characters in 3 different campaigns, otherwise I fail to see where the other 2 (or 5 for players with extra slots) characters would be.

It doesn't matter... It only helps those with money and time to use a second account (or more) and potentially more VIPs.

It does matter: with a basic account ($38 at the time) we were able to play in 3 campaigns simultaneously. Now we would have to pay $128 to achieve the same thing. The only people who don't care would be those who are fine with paying $128 for something that was said to cost $38.

When we purchased our bundle, a basic account had 3 character slots, which means being able to join 3 different campaigns.

If they remove our ability to go in 2 out of those 3 campaigns, even though we purchased those bundles with the understanding that we could play in more than one campaign with a game copy, making us pay additional fees for something we were already supposed to have would be dishonest imo.

One of my Kickstarter rewards was “additional character slots”. Now that you are using vessels instead of dedicated slots, what happens to those rewards?

This is the first time we have changed the design in a way that materially affects a crowdfunding reward. We apologize for this; we never want to change rewards, but when a game is still in development there is always a risk that a design will shift and cause unforeseen results.

Our intention is to change this reward into a different (but equally) valuable reward. We’re still discussing ideas of what to replace them with, but in the meantime, any backer who has these rewards will be able to redeem these slots for $25/slot of Crowfall Store credit which can be used to purchase additional item(s) or VIP game time.

Edited by ZaphodBeeblebrox

One of my Kickstarter rewards was “additional character slots”. Now that you are using vessels instead of dedicated slots, what happens to those rewards?

This is the first time we have changed the design in a way that materially affects a crowdfunding reward. We apologize for this; we never want to change rewards, but when a game is still in development there is always a risk that a design will shift and cause unforeseen results.

Our intention is to change this reward into a different (but equally) valuable reward. We’re still discussing ideas of what to replace them with, but in the meantime, any backer who has these rewards will be able to redeem these slots for $25/slot of Crowfall Store credit which can be used to purchase additional item(s) or VIP game time.

That's for extra character slots (slot 4 to 6), the basic account had 3 character slots, therefore 3 campaigns.

Edited by courant101

I fail to see where the other 2 (or 5 for players with extra slots) characters would be.

That's for extra character slots (slot 4 to 6), the basic account had 3 character slots, therefore 3 campaigns.

I don't think it is quite that conclusive. You could have 3 characters but still only have access to 1 campaign. The extra characters would allow you to play different archetypes. You could also use those extra characters in EKs.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

I don't think it is quite that conclusive. You could have 3 characters but still only have access to 1 campaign. The extra characters would allow you to play different archetypes. You could also use those extra characters in EKs.

I doubt you sincerely believe that 2 out of 3 characters coming with the original game copy were meant to stay in the Eternal Kingdoms.

The point is that character slots are gone. We "are using vessels instead of dedicated slots" to play in Crowfall. You no longer get character slots, but rather an unlimited number of vessels. Your "character" is now a spirit that can inhabit a vessel of any archetype. You are no longer limited to three characters.