Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blazzen

"Sit" function in Crowfall

There needs to be a "sit" command in Crowfall.

"Sitting" should function as your way of regenerating health/mana/stam faster. 

I noticed playing siege perilous, attacking a bane tree while nobody was around, that I would get low on health due to the AoE DoT, put my sword away to break combat, but then regen was still pretty slow. There wasn't a campfire nearby to regenerate health so I just gave up on trying to damage the bane tree while solo and ran off.

Even after winning a skirmish, finding myself at half health or so but not near a campfire, I had no way to regenerate hitpoints beyond the relatively slow out of combat regen.  

We need to be able to sit down to regen health quickly like at a campfire but when no campfire is nearby. You may consider getting rid of campfires all together and instead implement this "sit" function that can be done anywhere. 

Sitting should come with penalties, similar to the dizzy function of getting hit while outside of combat mode. I think getting hit while sitting should immediately put you in the "dizzy down" mode and you should take increased damage (I'm thinking double) while "downed". 

Sitting also needs to have a lengthy animation to both go from standing to sitting and sitting to standing mainly to prevent "micro resting" which is basically going in and out of sit quickly during a fight to regain stats. "Dizzy down" will prevent most attempts at micro resting but I still think a longer animation is a good idea. 

The other cool thing about having a sit function is once we have stealth characters they can surprise attack people. I remember sneaking up on people in shadowbane that were sitting and backstabbing them with my thief. Good times. This needs to happen in Crowfall. 

A "sit" function would accomplish 2 things - the out of combat regeneration issue (campfires are lame) as well as offering a way to surprise attack! I think you should strongly consider this ACE! 

Edited by blazzen

Sitting should come with penalties, similar to the dizzy function of getting hit while outside of combat mode. I think getting hit while sitting should immediately put you in the "dizzy down" mode and you should take increased damage (I'm thinking double) while "downed"

Yes, please. This makes putting theorycrafting into practice so much easier when you can get a guaranteed crit by telling your friend to just sit down.

I am sure that campfires will also be a crafted thing... something you drop in a secure place to facilitate regen. Sit is good too and sitting near a campfire should stack but at even higher vulnerability.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Cook at a campfire to eat while sitting! Monster Hunterrrr!

No?

At least it's not combat healing, you might have to survive a battle without a healer multiplying your health pool.

Edited by bahamutkaiser

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

They should just let players make their own campfires as long as they're carrying around some sort of "campfire kit" or something in their bag. That way they can plop one down wherever for the entire group (as long as they have enough campfire kits left in their bag). 

Edited by Leiloni