Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Throne War module overview - Official discussion thread

Much Hype. Very Excite

Seriously this is going to be awesome! Can't wait until the actual guild functions get fleshed out as well for this type of module.

ArtCraft, seems like you are doing amazing work, can't wait to see your finished product!!

Do not wish it is easier, wish you were better.

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.

1) Having it a 3 way fight similar to GR will each side function similarly to them? Meaning Chaos and Order fight to win and Balance fights for a happy medium.

2) Will you be rotating through West Coast, East Coast, EU, and Singapore servers?

3) Will we get to choose our side or be randomly assigned like SP?

4) Will there be in-game grouping?

5) You only mentioned resources for building and repairing strongholds, does this imply we won't have crafter make our gear yet?

6) Will there be any additional mobs added to the TWC test? Perhaps something more dangerous living in each ruined Keep we will need to over come before claiming it?

7) Since we have caravans will they be driven by players? If so does this mean we'll see mounts too during the test?

8) How much will we have to build vs how much will we start with?

Edited by Keaggan

There should be a 4th keep in the middle near a concentration of POIs to help concentrate the fighting. When more then X players are online it should either be made inaccessible/invulnerable or it should be made into a mandatory position to attack so players can find each other when playing on the off-hours.

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

I'm not sure where to ask this so I guess I'll ask it here since the information is posted in the updated FAQ. Why does the knight's block only reduce the damage taken rather than, well, block it? Is it 360 degrees so the knight player doesn't need to aim his block or something?

Also, in the updated combat faq it was mentioned that you do not want the combat to be too fast because, factoring in latency, players will feel like they do not have the ability to counter their opponents moves. I agree with this sentiment but there is also a subjective factor here, what's fast to one player is slow to another. That said, is there room for combat speed adjustments in the future? I ask this as, for one, watching the combat videos, the combat itself seems a bit slow, and two, there have been several testers who have stated that the combat speed is too slow in their opinion.

Edited by Aguise

@TNO:  sounds suspiciously like GW2-WvW...

So many questions...

• Are you planning any crafting beyond Keep repair?
  • What role, if any, will passive abilities have?
  • What is the 'win' condition?  (i.e. Will there be points tallied?)
  • Will caravan paths be static?  Or are you stuck driving a caravan vehicle?
  • Will gear persist offline?
  • Will there be gear trading/storing in the Keeps?
  • Will resource spawns be fully consumable?  Or will they replenish over time?

plz2canhazmoarinfo!?

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

So many questions...

plz2canhazmoarinfo!?

Add: will mounts be in Throne War? It seems to be timed right seeing as they share tech with the catapults. Not to mention the need to quickly navigate the larger world.

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

I'm guessing Forgemaster will be in by then!

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

So many questions...

plz2canhazmoarinfo!?

Additional question: Will the different seasons be tested?

Like, will one test be in Spring, thus having plentiful resources? Will there be one where you're thrown into Winter and everything is few and far between? How about Summer and Fall? I'm not saying have them all going in a single short campaign, just testing them individually? Or heck, maybe if a test lasts 4 days, have each day be a different season.

Sweet mercy the hype is real! GYA!

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg