Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helix

Starting Cities

No, just when you initially get dropped in to the campaign. I expect where you log out is where you log back in after that point. If you die, I assume you'll have a choice to respawn at the nearest graveyard or your castle bind point (or something).

That's what I thought. Pardon me for a moment

while I throw my head back in laughter. What you are saying is that a one-time investment of 15-30 minutes at the start of a campaign to explore the map and organize your group is an onerous burden? To put the time burden in perspective, if a player is only able to spend an average of 45 minutes per day( one solid afternoon or two periods on the weekend) an initial commitment of a half hour represents 2.2% of a 1 month campaign. 2.2% is like an 80 second queue for an hour long MOBA match. You can easily spend more time than that waiting for a PvP match to start in most MMOs. If your whine is that you just don't like exploring, you're going to have to just going to have to suck it up and get on with it. Finding bases and POIs is an integral part of the game. If you're afraid of being without your friends for a few minutes, take a xanax or curl up in a ball and hum real loud until they come and find you. If you just can't stand waiting a few minutes to start killing, go find a MOBA.

That's what I thought. Pardon me for a moment

while I throw my head back in laughter. What you are saying is that a one-time investment of 15-30 minutes at the start of a campaign to explore the map and organize your group is an onerous burden? To put the time burden in perspective, if a player is only able to spend an average of 45 minutes per day( one solid afternoon or two periods on the weekend) an initial commitment of a half hour represents 2.2% of a 1 month campaign. 2.2% is like an 80 second queue for an hour long MOBA match. You can easily spend more time than that waiting for a PvP match to start in most MMOs. If your whine is that you just don't like exploring, you're going to have to just going to have to suck it up and get on with it. Finding bases and POIs is an integral part of the game. If you're afraid of being without your friends for a few minutes, take a xanax or curl up in a ball and hum real loud until they come and find you. If you just can't stand waiting a few minutes to start killing, go find a MOBA.

You just undid your own argument bro, come on. If I only have 45 minutes to play on reset day, you think I want to spend most of them looking for my group to play with in this TEAM based game? With mobas if I'm waiting for the match, I'm usually doing OTHER things as well like, jerking it or play other games, etc. Same goes with battlegrounds in MMOs, you're generally doing other things. If I'm trying to track down my group, I'm not going to be sight seeing.

I'm not sure where in my argument I said I didn't like exploring, cause I do. However I want to play with my group from the start (on a reset day), and explore with them, cause group vs. group is the fun aspect of this game. Solo experience? Not so much.

You guys are acting like 'starting spawn points' are some foreign concept that has never been explored or implemented in an MMO (even tho the majority of MMOs have them, even the 'hard core' ones). Funny stuff.

Edited by helix

I'm not a big fan of the game as the developers envisioned it and sold it to everyone else, I want it to be more like WoW.

No, go away.

plz no starting cities this is in every current mmo don't need this in this game. I like the surviving aspect a lot and by the way you only will need a short periode of time ( maybe 1-2 hours) at the start to meet up with friends and than you can play together as long as you wish.

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

It isn't just about difficulty IMO. Starting in groups with friends leaves players like me who tend to solo at a disadvantage at start. The biggest guilds I ever take part in is usually 2-5 people. Not to mention that, lorewise, it would probably fit better to have everyone spread out. We're all crows looking for vessels, yes? I highly doubt our preffered vessels would just happen to be lying conveniently together in a pretty little pile.

Like in a graveyard? 

...lol.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Like in a graveyard? 

...lol.

No need to be facetious. I was speaking from a lore perspective. I also mentioned a couple of other reasons you ignored there. So, according to you, one graveyard is going to have every archtype in them? Even though they're all of clearly differing races and peoples with completely different beliefs, gods and all? I mean, sure, it'd be more convenient if every graveyard had one of each archtype laying around but lorewise it would seem silly. Beyond that, we all know that gameplay-wise vessels have different stats and bonuses. Although minor, it could be possible that the legionnaire vessel you're looking for is completely wrong for the kind of gameplay you prefer. 

You just undid your own argument bro, come on. If I only have 45 minutes to play on reset day, you think I want to spend most of them looking for my group to play with in this TEAM based game?

You guys are acting like 'starting spawn points' are some foreign concept that has never been explored or implemented in an MMO (even tho the majority of MMOs have them, even the 'hard core' ones). Funny stuff.

Funny. You do understand how long campaigns last, right? One day used gathering the team is jack in the grand scheme of things. These campaigns last anywhere from months to a year. And with how infrequent the actual task of meeting up should be for you, why is it even a problem? Beyond THAT, you still haven't said why anyone should be granting you the ease of meeting up with your group so easily? It's not JUST a team game. Solo players exist as do smaller groups. Even if a campaign is primarily geared towards guilds you'll STILL find players rocking around solo. That's how people are. Giving the option to roll in together to larger groups is clearly inviting easy zergs to form early. Why is that okay? If you want your large group, you should really work for it.

Beyond that, this game isn't a normal MMO and isn't going for what the majority are doing. Crowfall's looking to take the harder route of not pandering to idiots and mixing up mechanics that haven't been tried before. They're not even labeling themselves as an MMO. Just because other MMOs have it and have been doing it doesn't mean this one needs to.

Edited by simplyskyler