Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

was thinking of putzing around in BDO for awhile... (thoughts..)

Luthare

anyone tried it? Just looking for thoughts. I already know some things like it's B2P.. but has at least one cash shop item many say are important in pvp. 

Just wondering if leveling is fun and if the pvp is cool.. 

I was actually having some fun with Swtor until it became woefully imbalanced with too strong healing. Was like fighting target dummies. So mostly just single player games the last few months. 

ok any thoughts on bdo would be appreciated. 

Yes, lots of depth to the game in regards to life skills.  Content expansions coming hard and fast.  Combat is fast paced action that seems more like a fighting game than a traditional MMO (which may or may not appeal to you).

rSHxVEY.gif

My thoughts:

Leveling 1-50 is fun as combat takes the edge of the grind.  The game is beautiful and interesting.

Post 50 is a slog that doesn't offer progression and reward as much.

Haven't PvPed much, but it seems like, to be very good at least, you need to be a twitch master and a bit of a no-lifer because gear makes a significant difference.  So, whilst the combat is very fun, the upper end is exclusive enough to be off putting to the less devoted.

Being in an active guild seems to be a must post 50. 

EDIT:  Regardless of what I consider to be negatives, I do recommended the game.  1-50 was the most fun I've had in any MMO for a long time.

Edited by Regulus

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

I never got to max level, but that was pretty much my impression.  The combat is really fun, but the actual PvP is a gear grind.  I'm sure all things being equal, the combat would allow for amazing PvP fun.  But I just hate asian grinds.

If you cannot make leveling process interesting don't make any at all that's what I would say about Black Desert.

I managed to get 7 days of free trial and after 6 hours I could't keep playing. I don't care if high levels are better or not I don't won't to force mi self to it. 

Only good things about this game are graphics and combat (for a first hour or two) everything else is GRIND GRIND GRIND, Guild vs Guild has no point since captured territory as far as I know cannot be influenced or changed in any noticable way and good combat cannot save the game for me. I play games for a fun not for a grind.

If you cannot make leveling process interesting don't make any at all that's what I would say about Black Desert.

I managed to get 7 days of free trial and after 6 hours I could't keep playing. I don't care if high levels are better or not I don't won't to force mi self to it. 

Only good things about this game are graphics and combat (for a first hour or two) everything else is GRIND GRIND GRIND, Guild vs Guild has no point since captured territory as far as I know cannot be influenced or changed in any noticable way and good combat cannot save the game for me. I play games for a fun not for a grind.

They will eventually turn on node and castle sieges. Those are both once a week scheduled events and the guild that wins earns taxes from local AH's and I think there's something else. 

But yes, very grindy for both gear and levels at endgame. It's fun aside from that, but that necessary grind to be competitive is game ruining stuff.   :(

Edited by Leiloni

They will eventually turn on node and castle sieges. Those are both once a week scheduled events and the guild that wins earns taxes from local AH's and I think there's something else. 

But yes, very grindy for both gear and levels at endgame. It's fun aside from that, but that necessary grind to be competitive is game ruining stuff.   :(

Yes but taxes are not enought. I want the guild to be able to chnage that city or castle upgrade or change it's walls adding blacksmith or some other ocupation to work in the city. Taxes are boring I want control not just a slider.

Edited by RevanM

That sounds cool. Any idea how long u til that is in? It might make the grind worth it

MOkvLlm.png

Pros: 

-1-50 is fun and easy,

-Lots of extra enjoyable activities like cooking, horse taming, fishing in hot spots, trading goods between towns

-Combat is excellent, fast paced and engaging (and satisfying)

-Huge open seamless world to run through and explore

-Buy slaves workers to work on farms for you and passively produce things like fruit, crops, wood, herbs and others. (think colonies like in EVE)

Cons:

-Post 50 is a terrible grind

-PVP is determined by how much you no-life grind past the soft cap

-Market is fixed prices within small range (you can't set your own price to sell your wares)

-No person-to-person trading except minor consumables

-Overpriced obnoxious cash shop

Overall I enjoy it but im not married to it. I spent almost 2 straight weeks just doing horse taming and breeding, so that i could (and did) get a T6 horse (highest tier available). Horse breeding is a lot of fun, and a lot of the activities are like that -- you can get totally sucked up into just one thing and have it side track you from pvp or leveling completely. 

aka honeybear

That sounds cool. Any idea how long u til that is in? It might make the grind worth it

They originally said a month after launch in conjunction with the first update (Media) but we're past that already. :( So nobody really knows. They wanted to give players a chance to level up and gear up first of all, which has already happened for enough players, and also they mentioned doing a few test runs as well. No word on any of that. What they have done was not include it in the update they had planned to, and tomorrow will be including yet another update. So it's not looking good. I have no idea why they're waiting.

I don't hate the game, it does have some enjoyable aspects but if you are unable to no life you can't keep up. The guild system has a cap of 100 members so many of the guilds will not accept people who are casual because they want to fill their ranks with the best of the best. But for me it was the grind, level your horse, level your stamina, level your health, level your gear, level your pets, level past 50 for skill points (requires something like 10k mobs per level) the list goes on and on. That and the current PvP is extremely bland, not the combat aspect but the fact that your guild needs to declare war on another guild in order to PvP without taking Karma losses that ... yup ... requires more grinding to regain lost Karma.

It does have great graphics, plenty to do, fairly smooth combat, and the giant seemless world.

I wouldn't say don't play it, I would caution that you need to be prepared to live in game if you want to keep up.

Basically it's a typical Korean Grind fest game, I don't even think AA was in the same ball park grind wise, but that's a personal opinion.

I don't hate the game, it does have some enjoyable aspects but if you are unable to no life you can't keep up. The guild system has a cap of 100 members so many of the guilds will not accept people who are casual because they want to fill their ranks with the best of the best. But for me it was the grind, level your horse, level your stamina, level your health, level your gear, level your pets, level past 50 for skill points (requires something like 10k mobs per level) the list goes on and on. That and the current PvP is extremely bland, not the combat aspect but the fact that your guild needs to declare war on another guild in order to PvP without taking Karma losses that ... yup ... requires more grinding to regain lost Karma.

It does have great graphics, plenty to do, fairly smooth combat, and the giant seemless world.

I wouldn't say don't play it, I would caution that you need to be prepared to live in game if you want to keep up.

Basically it's a typical Korean Grind fest game, I don't even think AA was in the same ball park grind wise, but that's a personal opinion.

Don't forget the guild quest grind in order to earn money to declare GvG's.

But really the worst part is the extreme power imbalance caused by level and gear. The rest is not all that bad IMO, because I don't mind grind. Grind can be fun as long as it's something you can do on your own time. It's just that the level/gear grind is really what forces you to seriously no life it in order to keep up.

Anyone that wants to get in needs to get in now or literally never bother. The hardcore PvPers are level 55 and full +15 right now (which takes a decent amount of time to do by itself) and eventually the enchanting cap will be raised to +20 and the level softcap to 60 with Awakening weapons at 56. Those two updates are when the real issues will start and they are both the real grind. So anyone that wants to play needs to start now and grind the custard out of the game to get to 55 +15 ASAP and then start amassing as much XP and silver as you can for the enchanting and level updates.

And getting into a good guild is a must, however none of the good ones at this point will accept you until you're 55 +15 so you'll have to put in the work first before hoping you get a good guild and get to the fun stuff.

Edited by Leiloni