Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oridi

The Arrival Of Koster And Dealing With The Train He Brings With Him.

I kind of want to find like-minded people in doing PvP.  Here's my thought.  Silent, stoic warriors.  We do not taunt, we do not brag, we do not shout, we do not complain.  We kill or we die.  You will fear us not by our words, but through our deeds.  We are not the junkyard dogs; we are the coiled panther striking swiftly and silently.

You know.  Super-composed badass samurai ****... that's how I want to roll with a crew.

Edit: This comment has nothing to do with the topic... I apologize.

Edited by seventhbeacon

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I kind of want to find like-minded people in doing PvP.  Here's my thought.  Silent, stoic warriors.  We do not taunt, we do not brag, we do not shout, we do not complain.  We kill or we die.  You will fear us not by our words, but through our deeds.  We are not the junkyard dogs; we are the coiled panther striking swiftly and silently.

You know.  Super-composed badass samurai ****... that's how I want to roll with a crew.

So no coffee and no talking either?    You're trying to run me off..............................

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

see The Sundered Pirates (who berate you in Pirate speak only!) or Avari/Hy'shen...our Elves, they will cuss you out very politely, in elven...

don't think the small sampling of a vocal segment is the sum total of our varied and quite captain insano Culture...

or ...do...

but as yourself and plenty of others have already shown...take a day or three, do some reading, talk on the Forums...in some cases, if you say something silly before you leanr the ropes, you will probably get an impersonal bit of hazing to "test" your reactions...

swing back, blow it off...as long as you don't snitch or whine you'll wind up another member of this new Community and post welland thoughtfully and you'll be listened to and the level of discourse will rise....surprisingly at times, depending on those involved...

i hope to be pleasantly surprised each time i read a new Name...

some times, i'm disappointed...sometimes it's worth asking a Question....sometimes i get a giggle

all part of the Game, eh?

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

So no coffee and no talking either?    You're trying to run me off..............................

Always coffee.  Coffee is a must.  Talking is fine, I just meant more during the actual PvP sessions, lol.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Stoicism and humbleness is for people who can't actually PvP.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

What's more amazing to me is even w/ a dead, disabled, altered game and it's versions, they have been able to STAY one community.  How often do you see that?  I frankly admire it.

Well, the Shadowbane is their martyr, nothing unites people as martyrdom. They all fall in love for that game and it got killed. Whats even worse they brought back "something" that was suppose to be their game. I think it would be better if the emulators never existed.

Anyways, I'd like to think that Crowfall is not more theirs than its ours, we could be one community and ... well ... just "establish trade" ;)

Like Godzilla we can't be killed, and neither can any game which fires our atomic core

EZgFne1.png

PvE people love them some long essay posts

hey now...i may resemble some of that remark....

or shao lin monks...

now them are some ganking fools...

lulz

EZgFne1.png

Geez I've just had some time to sit down and have a look at today's forum potpourri.

No wonder Oridi never came back. I'd officially call this one hijacked. I've no idea how Koster got into a blusterthon. I bet he doesn't know either. Ha!

288mqgz.png

I've been seeing a lot of people enquiring about Crowfall in the last few days because of the announcement that Koster was joining the ArtCraft team.

I do know one thing and that is the ra ra sis boom ba PvP people should take some time to look a little further beyond their noses.

I've even seen a reference here to PvE content. Why even say that?

There is little hope for this game unless everyone can get their heads around the fact that the game may be a little different from just fond memories. I certainly hope it is.

Evolve or die.

288mqgz.png

Have any of you guys ever seen any of us SB/UO types on the forums of Wizard 101, Pirates 101, or any of the other theme park games, railing about how stupid we think it is and how there should be FFA PVP? Have we ever once got on any of those forums and constatnly pestered the Dev's, Mod's and other players because the game is not what we enjoy? The resounding answer is NO. I for one do not discount the legitimacy of those other games. I actively play WoW at the moment, because there is literally nothing to play and my wife enjoys it. But do I truely enjoy it? No way! But, I don't hop on there forums everyday and expound on how I think their entire set up of game mechanics is wrong and must be changed to suit my gaming style? This game has been advertised as a Sandbox PVP game, with heavy crafting and guild content. This is what it is! The writing is on the walls. Why come here and try to change things with suggestions and such, when you already have tons of those types of games? Maybe the Non-PVP types should sit back and think that, although usually more graceful in their speech, they are the antagonists here? Have you thought that maybe the only reason the SB/UO crowd is so mean to you is because you are virtually taking a crap on their dreams? If you guys are as friendly and nice as you would like the public to believe then why not stick to discussing the amazing announcements that have been put out and stop turning everything into a PVE vs PVP fight? Myself, as a moderator, am tired of hearing it. Maybe you should try to get along with us PVP types, since you are posting on the forums of an obviously revolutionary PVP game, and stop instigating responses with your anti PVP rhetoric? I'm sure you would get a much better response from the PVP crowd.

And yes, Im a moderator, and I am on these boards for litteral HOURS a day, reading every post, for free. We dedicate a large portion of our day to this project because we believe in it so strongly and ask NOTHING in return. We are entitled to our opinion! We follow the Rules of Conduct, and the announcements that have come. Nothing more. So stop bashing the Mods for being pro-PVP. It's the reason I came here, and the reason I dedicate so much of my free time to it!

+100000

+well put

Until you get something on the front page stickied that defines clearly that this is a PvP centric game then you're going to get people that come onto these subs and try to sway the game style.

They're not QQ'ing about PvP - they truly do not know about SB or UO and are probably coming from an SWG or Pirates background.

They probably heard about Koster and went all nostalgia hopeful.

They are not trying to order a burrito in a Chinese restaurant - they don't even KNOW it's a Chinese restaurant.

Once they figure out that it's PvP centric by wandering the boards for a day or two then they can decide whether they can deal with the PvP.

Stop slamming people for being ignorant about something that is not made clear.  It's not clear in the Play to Crush ad, it's not clear on the Crowfall site, and it's not clear on the top level of these boards.  Not everyone is coming from SB or UO that is on these boards.  Not everyone knows that it's a PvP game. 

So when they say eep I am not into PvP why do that it's not an attack on you or SB or PvP.  Stop assuming it is. Just redirect them as this thread originally tried to brainstorm about doing.

Sheesh you PvP'ers sure are sensitive.  Snerk. :lol:

Edited by Oridi

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Geez I've just had some time to sit down and have a look at today's forum potpourri.

No wonder Oridi never came back. I'd officially call this one hijacked. I've no idea how Koster got into a blusterthon. I bet he doesn't know either. Ha!

I came back but had nothing constructive to say.  Yeah - I know it's rare that I don't have a thing to jot down but it happens!

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.