Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oridi

The Arrival Of Koster And Dealing With The Train He Brings With Him.

This makes a lot of sense Seventh.  Not coming from Shadowbane, you dont see the countless easter eggs that are hidden in the terminology used on the splash pages.  They are direct quotes from Shadowbane!  Play to Crush was the Shadowbane motto for gods sake.  So, no I can completely understand being confused. This article may help a bit.

Eurogamer: Interest Gathers Around New Shadowbane-like MMO Crowfall

Thank you for the article link, reading now.

And yeah, I know patience wears thin, and I know there are some PvE players who keep posting new topics saying the same thing they said before in the same topics.  I get why those could and should be deleted topics, and that someone repeating the same behavior after being asked to stop would logically face warnings/bannings.

But for the sake of newcomers, it would be nice if their innocent lack of knowledge is not met with hazing.

It has been said over and over the game is not going to be for everyone... some come from a place where the auctual game play was all there was, some come where they was more behind the scenes actions, some like to get together irl and roll dice, some got into cosplay... hell we all have our back grounds but we all have some backbone. An SB player saying to you and hte horse you rode in on is just a friendly greeting... s/he noticed your horse.

~Vada~

my previous signature did not contain nudity... words covered the good bits but alas it is gone....

signx50_zps5b5a8244.jpg

It has been said over and over the game is not going to be for everyone... some come from a place where the auctual game play was all there was, some come where they was more behind the scenes actions, some like to get together irl and roll dice, some got into cosplay... hell we all have our back grounds but we all have some backbone. An SB player saying to you and hte horse you rode in on is just a friendly greeting... s/he noticed your horse.

/sigh

But it didn't say WHO the game was for.  Is the whole point.  So people coming in expecting a sandbox aren't all expecting the same thing, and they think the message is speaking to their preferences.  They're not going to automatically know all the hidden references to an old niche game.  All you're doing is rehashing the same crap that others already have, even right here in this very thread.  <_<

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Just saying that the game is not for everyone is not the same as saying "it's PvP centric".  It's not wrong that it's PvP centric - but when people come here they are coming from outside sources that may only mention that Koster from SWG is doing another crafting game.  When they get here they learn more and when they do they post about it. 

There is literally nothing from any official Crowfall source that says the game is PvPcentric with non consensual PvP and full loot with death penalties and ffa PvP.  Nothing.  Yet if you read the boards it's pretty clear that most folks here think that some or all of that definition of the game is true (and I'm actually one of those people).  The difference between the official word and the opinion of these boards is quite wide.

So new folks that are a bit shell shocked will post and be upset or stressed or concerned about the PvP and the folks on the boards will push back because yet again it's another post about wha? no PvP! and they're sick of them.  My point is that the bulk of the new folks coming in will no longer be from SB - they'll be from other sources and when they come don't assume they know anything.   And please don't berate them for questioning PvP at first.  There's no point to it and it's far better to just get them up to speed and show them the myriad ways they can survive and thrive as a squishy. 

Read:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/818-pvp-with-official-dev-response/?p=18417

Then read:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/948-question-for-devs-please-read/?p=21959

(specifically the last full paragraph)

Also:

It has been stated that the game's main focus will be around PvP. 

Anyone who comes here, takes the time to read the forum, will see with their own two eyeballs that it's going to be PvP based.  To come here, read the forum, and then complain that it's going to be PvP based is ridiculous.

Edited by cheyenne wolfshadow

I haven't read through the 8 pages of this thread, but it is a similar conversation being had in a few others. Things I want to point out (that I am simply repeating here again): 1. A difference of opinion of what this game is or isn't does not equate to a personal attack or should be considered as being hostile 2. Forum banter makes for great fuel for political payback 3. What anyone else says, thinks, suggests, etc. is only speculation, unless and until, an official ArtCraft employee states otherwise 4. The best way to disagree with someone who simply refuses to understand your point of view is to not reply back to them

Things we do know, as stated by previous communications from the devs. There will be PvP in this game, which if it includes land and resources conquering, will be extremely brutal for anyone who does not have any experience with that type of game. Politics start today, so start brushing up on your forum skills and start to find friends willing to fight, because you will need them. There will be commerce, so there is going to be a place for those who enjoy crafting and not being soldiers all the time. They are going to integrate these two communities in ways that are unknown to any of us at this point.

From experience, I can also tell you that nothing said in these forums will be as heartbreaking and frustrating as losing your town, city, property, clan (whatever type of land conquering game this turns out to be) the first time. Nothing.

I look forward to playing with and against all of you. Friendships made during strife are usually long-lasting, so get ready to invest some emotions into this. If done right, this will be the best virtual experience any of us has ever had. Cheers!

Edited by conspiracy theorist

It is my duty to cleanse this land of the unworthy. It is my goal to make this world burn. Your tainted flesh shall kindle the flames.

smf_banner_copy4_copy.jpg

I haven't read through the 8 pages of this thread, but it is a similar conversation being had in a few others. Things I want to point out (that I am simply repeating here again): 1. A difference of opinion of what this game is or isn't does not equate to a personal attack or should be considered as being hostile 2. Forum banter makes for great fuel for political payback 3. What anyone else says, thinks, suggests, etc. is only speculation, unless and until, an official ArtCraft employee states otherwise 4. The best way to disagree with someone who simply refuses to understand your point of view is to not reply back to them

Things we do know, as stated by previous communications from the devs. There will be PvP in this game, which if it includes land and resources conquering, will be extremely brutal for anyone who does not have any experience with that type of game. Politics start today, so start brushing up on your forum skills and start to find friends willing to fight, because you will need them. There will be commerce, so there is going to be a place for those who enjoy crafting and not being soldiers all the time. They are going to integrate these two communities in ways that are unknown to any of us at this point.

From experience, I can also tell you that nothing said in these forums will be as heartbreaking and frustrating as losing your town, city, property, clan (whatever type of land conquering game this turns out to be) the first time. Nothing.

I look forward to playing with and against all of you. Friendships made during strife are usually long-lasting, so get ready to invest some emotions into this. If done right, this will be the best virtual experience any of us has ever had. Cheers!

That is so very well said. Wish I had this way with words and expressing my thoughts so eloquently.

High Fives and Good Times

Thanks so much for the compliment! I truly appreciate it. :D

Now, join me... or die at the fiery stake with the rest of the unworthy!

Confess the unbelievers through the everburning fires of St. Malorn!  BURN THE HEATHENS!

sorry, had an old school Temple RP moment lol

cmurder%20sig_zpsaq2rwphh.jpg

Fricking religious fanatics.

Hey Temple Charters if the All-Father is real how come your spec groups suck?

Atheists: 1 Temple Charters: 0

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Heck, I'm hanging around precisely because this won't be Wizard101. 

THANK YOU! This seems a difficult concept for some peeps to understand.

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Fricking religious fanatics.

Hey Temple Charters if the All-Father is real how come your spec groups suck?

Atheists: 1 Temple Charters: 0

Because the Temple isn't aligned with the All-Father but the Dragon.

Yours Truly Gauis, Prelate

P.S. Time to feel the Censure of the All-Father heathens 

Edited by gauis

Because the Temple isn't aligned with the All-Father but the Dragon.

Yours Truly Gauis, Prelate

P.S. Time to feel the Censure of the All-Father heathens

I bet you also think evolution is an Aelfborn delusion and the Big Bang Theory is a liberal concoction of the Elves.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg