Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sneak Peek: Creating Druid equipment - Official discussion thread

Pann

Really great and impressive video from "behind the making of" really like it, it shows the time needed and efforts put by the artists into it !

Really nice, now can we have it ingame please? :D

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

MOAR SKULLZ!!!!

Go hunt. Kill Skuls...All I could think about is City of Heroes when I read this comment. Probably because this game is the closest thing I have had to reaching that level of virtual joy. Can't wait!

14419054_bc7a2e8534_z.jpg?zz=1

I think the artist took the comments on previous concept art to heart, because there were a LOT of comments saying "Ugh, why is she wearing wedges?", and said wedges are conspicuously absent. Kudos for listening, even I thought the wedges were a bit weird :)

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

I think the artist took the comments on previous concept art to heart, because there were a LOT of comments saying "Ugh, why is she wearing wedges?", and said wedges are conspicuously absent. Kudos for listening, even I thought the wedges were a bit weird :)

She still has a wedge heel, it's just hidden among the vines as it was in the first concept. I'm assuming the wedge heel is part of the character model's actual foot and all armor she has will need to include a wedge shaped heel in some way, hidden or obvious. It's probably difficult and not worth changing at this point. It will also affect all of her animations as well so that too would be very time consuming to fix.

I suspect they'll keep the first outfit they showed too, though. So now we have seen 2 of these 4. That's all they're doing, I don't think they're changing the way it looks. Personally I like her look.

Druid_Concepts_Watermarked.jpg

Edit: Also that staff is super cool!

Edited by Leiloni

I guess if England's Duchess Kate can play cricket in wedges, I could do druid-y things in them. It's borderline implausible though  :lol:

Fascinating to see the concept art translated into 3D. It really looks like the artist is sculpting in clay.

tiPrpwh.png