Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crafting on main or second acc. differences?

It looks like some people tend to have two accounts and use one for fighting and others for crafting...

so, how will crafting be done in crowfall? what will i get from crafting on my main account that i can not do on my second account if that second account gets the loot the first account finds?

will crafting need me to really play? like in gothic1, where if you want to make a sword, you need iron and a fire and then put some iron into the fire, take it out, hammer on it, put it in water and repeat everything like 10 times until you get a good weapon?

if its just that you get recipes and those get improved via traits, i dont see anything good in main-acc-crafting...

Yes I think the decision to force players to decide between 'general' combat skills versus 'general' crafting trading MAY lend itself to multiple accounts.

Also the fact that further crafting skills and recipes seem to be part of the discipline runestone system

(of which you can have 3 at a time - obviously others will have combat focus. But maybe you could just have a crafting vessel rather than account)

As you say, day to day mechanical and interface details of the crafting process itself are unknown at this point as is the effectiveness of 'muling' an account for it.

FAQ

18. WON’T THIS ENCOURAGE A LOT OF PEOPLE TO MAKE ALTERNATE CHARACTERS FOR CRAFTING (ALTS)?
Probably not - we want to encourage players to play a single character within a campaign, so we’re putting design rules in place to encourage that. An upshot of this design is that the best “crafters” won’t generally be alternate characters, because it’s not a very effective strategy.

Recruiting proficient and dedicated Crafters will be one key ingredient to waging a successful Campaign. The same can be said of those who choose to specialize in scouting, raiding or sieging.

Players (and Guilds) will need to make smart strategic choices about skill specialization - and even team composition, before entering a campaign.

Ultimately I hope it doesn't end up being a case where people have dedicated crafting accounts. 

e.g. making it so you need a more rounded account to be effective.

Edited by Tinnis

I have to agree with Tennis, I hope that we don't have to do multiaccounting!

I'm not really a fan of  having two or more accounts of the same game, and it would be kinda rude to force the crafters into it.

But I can't see how it's going to be....if you have to skill the crafting-tree (whichever you chose), you wont have the time to simultaniously skill stealth, or animal taming. Well, you have to make a compromise. Or, you have to team up with your guildies and good friends xD

I hope that they make a good decision. Or at least, give us some more info about the whole affair veeery soon :D

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

It comes down to training time. People with 2 accounts will double their potential training speed as long as they are training different abilities. If you want a full combat character and a full crafter character, having a second account will allow you to achieve that faster. That being said, unless you're a multiboxer, sticking to 1 character is more efficient in both real life money spent and time. With a second account, your skills may progress automatically but, you still lack all of the progressive elements of a character that you play often. In most cases, a second account becomes a resource sink (you dump all of your materials into your crafter to make a profit).

It pretty much comes down to, how much real life money and effort are you willing to spend on a slight increase in self sufficiency?

Alt accounts will be rampant... it's a one time fee of 30 to 50$ to double your training speed and allow you to be in multiple locations (campaigns or EKs) at once.

In EVE where there is a recurring monthly cost for each account 60% of the population have 2 accounts. It's too beneficial to not with their passive skill system and self-sufficiency benefits.

Edited by angelmar

i would really like to have some benefits from really playing my crafting toons. dont know, how it will work out. but it would be kind of sad, if someone who just logs in to craft and 95% of his playtime plays his fighting acc can do the same stuff as someone who plays his crafting toons all time.

i would really like to have some benefits from really playing my crafting toons. dont know, how it will work out. but it would be kind of sad, if someone who just logs in to craft and 95% of his playtime plays his fighting acc can do the same stuff as someone who plays his crafting toons all time.

yes I hope the systems require more activity and rounded play style to prevent this from occurring. But the downside of skill training over time and the limit of only training one general skill at once - with a lot of general skills having a direct impact of combat :(

I have multiple computers within reach at my desk.  I already have two accounts purchased (one for my wife, ostensibly), and I will almost certainly have a dedicated crafting account.  My main account will have some gathering skills and eventually will get a military craft of some sort, but a dedicated crafter account looks like it'll be necessary due to the skill system.  One non-archetype skill trained at a time?  My main's gotta be able to fight, so no crafting skills in the first 6 months, for sure.

1. Crafting on my main account gives me access to the arcane weapons & armor set, expanded guild heraldry, and any other skins I have or will purchase on my main account.

Playing my crafter crow frequently will jumpstart that crow's training by actively training skills to proficiency faster than passively training all my skills to proficiency on that crow. After proficiency is reached on the skills that crow wants to train first I'll jump to another crow and actively train some skills on him, but the more crows a player has, the less advantage he'll get from active training to proficiency.

The full game economy promises to have many crafting and combat niches.

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

1. Crafting on my main account gives me access to the arcane weapons & armor set, expanded guild heraldry, and any other skins I have or will purchase on my main account.
  2. Playing my crafter crow frequently will jumpstart that crow's training by actively training skills to proficiency faster than passively training all my skills to proficiency on that crow. After proficiency is reached on the skills that crow wants to train first I'll jump to another crow and actively train some skills on him, but the more crows a player has, the less advantage he'll get from active training to proficiency.
  3. The full game economy promises to have many crafting and combat niches.

I don't think they have the 20% active training mechanic anymore. It hasn't been mentioned since last year.