Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game of Thrones

I don't think the plot is mysterious enough for HBO to be unable to hammer out an ending for the show. GRRM likes his horrible twists, but the plot had to go somewhere and someone has to be there in the end.

I started reading the books after starting the series fairly late, and I enjoy both takes on the story.

Between production cost, actor retention, and run time, I appreciate what they offer on the show, I'm also all for divergence, since watching an accurate reproduction defeats the point of having both, I like having two stories and different takes on events.

I do feel that they could have drawn in more events earlier on to slow the pace down, but rationally speaking, there is no way in hell they will stall long enough for GRRM to finish the books, the actors will age out and move on to other projects long before GRRM finishes, and that's if he doesn't attempt another book after the next two.

There's a possibility that HBO will finish season 7 or even 8 before Winds of Winter releases...

Edited by bahamutkaiser

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This had me rolling. 

I am so over that High Sparrow stuff, tho. That storyline is boring me to tears. There better be a big payoff at the end. 

Damn Nutcuppers.   NvN me, bro.

• 2 weeks later...

Books vs. Show - GRRM posts new pov excerpt: 

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/

It's kinda funny to see the huge difference in pacing between TV show and books. For someone used to the books the show's narrative feels almost rushed to get to where it needs to go. I'm still enjoying season 6 quite a bit though. Didn't watch last night's episode because of SP testing, but will do so later tonight ^^

Season 6 spoilers:

In the show it takes a couple episodes for Jon Snow to be back on his feet again, I imagine in the books it'll be some good 400 pages or so before that happens. And now it won't have the same impact anymore because we already watched it on the show!

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if at some point down the road GRRM announces he decided to throw the Winds of the Winter manuscript in the garbage and start from scratch because he wanted to differentiate it further from the show LOL. He's that kind of writer. 

I'll say one thing about this season, so far its had more jump off the couch and yell out loud moments than I think I've ever had for the last 5 seasons all together.  

The House of the Undying scene in Qarth showed the ending the show would take I thought... (in season 2)

Where it showed the Red Keep in Kings Landing in ruines and what appeared to be melted stone from Dragon fire... correct me if I'm wrong.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

I'll say one thing about this season, so far its had more jump off the couch and yell out loud moments than I think I've ever had for the last 5 seasons all together.  

QFT! Had a few of those last night. I watch with a small group of people so it's a bit like Mystery Science Theater, which bumps those OMFG moments up to 11. Good times! 

QFT! Had a few of those last night. I watch with a small group of people so it's a bit like Mystery Science Theater, which bumps those OMFG moments up to 11. Good times! 

yeah I was all like...

OMG something good happened to a Stark! Wait is that allowed??

Well, it's not a real season of GoT without Danerys being nude.

I felt like something good only happened to a Stark because they are setting us up for another red wedding. I didn't read the books and the red wedding caught me completely by surprise. I was stunned at the end of that season. I've never had a series that kills people off like this. So, when it looks like the Starks are coming up, I feel like it's just another emotional rollercoaster

I love the different story lines, but it almost feels like there's too many.

Well, it's not a real season of GoT without Danerys being nude.

I felt like something good only happened to a Stark because they are setting us up for another red wedding. I didn't read the books and the red wedding caught me completely by surprise. I was stunned at the end of that season. I've never had a series that kills people off like this. So, when it looks like the Starks are coming up, I feel like it's just another emotional rollercoaster

I love the different story lines, but it almost feels like there's too many.

Yeah def feel like theres too many to follow. Honestly I don't care much for the Arya line, just don't see it as very compelling, like oh yeah she'll become an assassin or something big deal. At least with other storylines like Dany still building her army and then with Jon Snow, Sansa, the North it as implications on the whole world. Not even really caring about whats going on at Kings Landing because eventually we know it won't matter because win or lose those story lines will all converge at some point and whether its Dany and her Dragons or the Nights King and the white walkers poorly made socks is most certainly going to hit the fan. So yeah honestly any story lines outside of those few things is just filler to me.  

Edited by pang

I like the Arya story line. It obviously is something that may be critical to the story line, but they're taking the entire series to make it critical. Maybe just a way to draw the show out forever, but I don't think it's the worst one.

We know that it all comes down to the dragons and white walkers, it pretty much has to (if you didn't read the books like I didn't, yet). But yeah, the King's Landing storyline is worse than Arya's. It's getting drawn out. Just like Tyrion playing statesmen vs. the terrorists. And the Iron Isles. Just storylines in a holding pattern until the season finale.

I think everything will come together very nicely by the end of the season. We can see it happening already. If you haven't seen the latest episode yet, don't read this spoiler.

Dany just got her Dothraki army. Together with the Second Sons and the Unsullied, she now has a very large force. She'll need a way to cross the narrow sea since all of her ships got torched, but she'll find a way, and she'll eventually help in the fight against the White Walkers.

Arya is finally making some real progress in her training. I don't know what role she will play at the end, but she will be ready for it.

The problems at Castle Black have been resolved. Jon and Sansa will take on Ramsay Bolton and take back Winterfell. Both the Greyjoys and the Knights of the Vale will help them, but Little Finger will still find a way to make trouble. I'm sure he'll get his just due by the end.

Bran will continue learning what he needs to defeat the White Walkers.

Sam will return after becoming a Maester and that training will help him at the end.

The plot lines in King's Landing are still muddy, but something big is about to happen there. The fallout from that may give us a better idea of where it's going. If the Tyrells somehow come out on top, that will change everything. Maybe Cersei will finally get her due and Tommen will become a better king.

There's still the matter of Dorne. I'm guessing Trystane will eventually take control there, but that's something they can show in an episode or two.

I'm thinking Gendry will make another appearance at some point too. He does have royal blood, after all, and is friends with Arya. 

The only real question I have is when exactly they will wrap this stuff up and begin the battle against the White Walkers. The end of this season would make sense, but that's a lot to get done in a short time. My guess is Dany will sail for Westeros at the end of this season and all the loose plot lines will start coming together after that. It may be that in the beginning of season 7, Dany overthrows the Lannisters and takes King's Landing, but then has to unite everyone else against the White Walkers.