Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arkade

Game of Thrones

I don't think I've ever been as nervous for an episode before as I am for this next one. Battle of the Bastards, I have hopes of how I want the battle to go but honestly this show is known for crushing our hopes and our souls.

Have you seen this fan-made trailer? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHlN3ur8ilg

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Someone in slack pointed out the irony of the Battle of the Bastards being fought on Father's Day.

This episode was great. The battle was great showing the chaos and the absolute fear of being near so many horses in a calvary battle. Onto the spoilers....

Zig zag Rickon, maybe?

Jon recognizes a kid he hasn't seen since he was 3 across a battlefield?

And then some kid he feels emotion for more than the people who have his back, he just rushes in to die. Sure, Jon's a bit more emo than the rest of Westeros. But this is uncharacteristically dumb for him. Had it been any other Stark, I would have believed it. But Rickon? He is the most useless Stark and was created just to die. So were the rest of the Starks, but they had story arcs at least.

The giant is the most deadly person there, but he doesn't get a weapon. He stomps a horse and rips a man in half. But during the shield wall all he really does is yell at them. A shield or hammer would have been really devastating here.

And the giant doesn't get armor either. The MVP of any battle just runs around with a XXXXXXXXXXXXL wildling fur coat. zzzz

"bruh, they got a giant." Yeah, put a toothpick on the door. We'll have this siege forever.

Gotta say though, with all the battles in the past being unpredictable by current writing standards, you literally had no idea how that battle was going to end.

Someone in slack pointed out the irony of the Battle of the Bastards being fought on Father's Day.

This episode was great. The battle was great showing the chaos and the absolute fear of being near so many horses in a calvary battle. Onto the spoilers....

Zig zag Rickon, maybe?

And then some kid he feels emotion for more than the people who have his back, he just rushes in to die. Sure, Jon's a bit more emo than the rest of Westeros. But this is uncharacteristically dumb for him. Had it been any other Stark, I would have believed it. But Rickon? He is the most useless Stark and was created just to die. So were the rest of the Starks, but they had story arcs at least.

The giant is the most deadly person there, but he doesn't get a weapon. He stomps a horse and rips a man in half. But during the shield wall all he really does is yell at them. A shield or hammer would have been really devastating here.

And the giant doesn't get armor either. The MVP of any battle just runs around with a XXXXXXXXXXXXL wildling fur coat. zzzz

"bruh, they got a giant." Yeah, put a toothpick on the door. We'll have this siege forever.

Gotta say though, with all the battles in the past being unpredictable by current writing standards, you literally had no idea how that battle was going to end.

Agree,

though could probably say the same for most shows and movies where you're like wtf were the writes thinking that's kind stupid.

I was sure though Jon was done for a few times there. and where has Ghost been? Seems like only time they show the direwolves is when they being killed off. was really hoping Sansa was going to open the door where Ramsey was and let Ghost in to kill him off. Though the way it went was just as satisfying I think.

and yeah Darth Sansa is everything!

oh and a cool vid bts of the battle: https://youtu.be/B93k4uhpf7g  

Zig zag Rickon, maybe?

Agreed, I have conflicting feelings on this season.

The cinematography of that scene was amazing, epic battle scene, among the best on TV. But that was greatly diminished by the complete predictability of Littlefinger's army coming to the rescue. I kept thinking, when is the cavalry arriving. For a moment there, I almost thought they might surprise us and have Jon's army lose or something else unexpected happen. But so far everything about season 6 has been completely predictable, nothing bad happens to the main characters anymore and everything goes according to plan. Feels like fan service all around. It's a good and fun to watch TV show, but it doesn't feel like Game of Thrones anymore (save some sequences like "hold the door" which were dictated by GRRM). I have higher expectations for the books. Maybe I'll buy the last one for my 50th birthday =P

i just watched rickon die and thought: 'we really need bullet drop in crowfall, so we can attack from far range, although we will only hit predictable or non-moving targets. they deserve being hit. what an idiot.' imo, the whole battle felt very cool and i wanted to replay it in crowfall. with the small range we have, it just can't work :( and when jon had his little fight with bolten, i wondered, if bolten had a knife hidden somewhere to kill jon to let him be revived another time :D didn't happen though... would really have thought, this evil kid would fight harder and dirtier

Edited by Gromschlog

Great episode! much looking forward to:

Next episode, where I predict Cersei will attempt to ignite one of Aerys's old wildfire cache's under the Great Sept to avoid her trial. But in true Cersei fashion, mess it up and kill many people, likely Tommen.

CfWBSig.png

I have now watched the ep 3 times and I still get the same jump off the coach reactions to certain moments, every time..

So yeah..

OMG the wildfire blowing up the temple! But poor Margeary :(

Arya killing Walder Frey, The Starks send their regards!!

J + L = J = Confirmed! Jon Snow Err Jon Targaryan KING IN THE NORTH

Finally Dany is headed to Westeros many boats many soldiers many Dragons!

So now our wait begins

Edited by pang

So much happened xD I dont knowwhich episode was better.. Battle of the Bastards or The Season Finale.. Hate the wait :(

I have now watched the ep 3 times and I still get the same jump off the coach reactions to certain moments, every time..

So yeah..

OMG the wildfire blowing up the temple! But poor Margeary :(

Arya killing Walder Frey, The Starks send their regards!!

J + L = J = Confirmed! Jon Snow Err Jon Targaryan KING IN THE NORTH

Finally Dany is headed to Westeros many boats many soldiers many Dragons!

So now our wait begins

I know I watched it twice, but I watch the King in the North scene 4x...
Arya Killing the Freys... made me happy..
For some odd reason I wasnt bothered with the High Sparrow dying or Margeory... I mean I really thought she had something up her sleeve... but I guess I was wrong it was Cersei the one with the Ace in the Hole.. still good for her. Tommen... we all knew he was going to die eventually, I mean I didnt think he would die in battle because he was always.. too nice, so this felt well placed

KjUVOZg.png

Aside from the rare slow moments here and there, this season was probably my favorite ever. So much good stuff. Very satisfying. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

holy hell that was some good tv high

on some of the moments my brain clicked it into place before revealed.....so good feeling

[the barrels, the pie/girl, the baby]

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

I thought king's landing was the weakest part of this season but they resolved that for the next 2 seasons didn't they :P...

I really am disappointed with HBO for dragging the show out 2 more shortened seasons based on principle but I guess we get more episodes from it all overall. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir