Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Getz

Whats The Best Mmo That You Played?

Lets play a game. 

List the best MMO you have played and why.  So, here's the rules. 

-You can only list ONE.  (I know that's tough, but just one)

-If the title has been mentioned you CAN NOT mention it again

-If a title has been mentioned but the "Why" is off, feel free you say why.

-If the title and/or the why are already listed "like" the post

-keep it short and sweet. No TL;DR's

And...Start.

Edited by getz

Ultima Onlie and I would love to say why but unless you played it is hard to give an explanation without getting finger cramps and writing a book in the process.

I've been chasing that high ever since.

Despite many of us starting off and loving different MMOs, the above statement is something that most of us will have in common. Whether your first MMO was Shadowbane, Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest or anything else in between, we are all chasing that original high. A lot of players will accuse us of looking at the past with rose tinted goggles, but as you know that isn't the case. I hope that Crowfall can bring back some of the magic that has been lost since the Golden Age of MMORPGs. We have the right Dev team in order along with the right vision so hopefully everything else can fall in place to make this something we will never forget. 

One month to go before the big announcement, I can't wait! I am happy to be here with you all during this journey, it has been nothing less than amazing and the excitement grows daily.

Its simply an impossibility for me to put them in order. You could say they all do so well in their own areas (albeit some have a higher quality to them than others). For example, EVE is a wonderful game in the sandbox world, but then on the other end of the spectrum World of Warcraft is (or was in the past) a great game too when it came to PVE gameplay.

The problem is that while the MMORPG is considered one genre, it has these weird subgenres of it's own that are so far away from each other and do such completely different things that naming the best MMORPG feels like naming the best car - the thing is, a truck is good for transportation and a sportscar is good for having fun, and neither is better than the other.