Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Getz

Whats The Best Mmo That You Played?

Rift. I don't know why that game is so underrated, it is pretty much a mix of old-school MMO features (such as EverQuest's/WoW's questing, vertical progression through instances - raids and dungeons, etc) and new gen MMO features (such as GW2's dynamic group events and other new generation MMOs' exploring rewards and player housing).

If you're a fan of WoW/EQ2/Random Themepark MMO, but are bored with it and wish to play something with better graphics, gameplay and are open-minded enough to embrace new concepts related to Open World activities, as well as a huge, united community, all that for free, then Rift is probably the game you're looking for. Totally worth the download.

Lineage II back in the day of The Chaotic Chronicles (from C1 to C5, allowing even Interlude since some people considere it as C6).

It's my all-time favorite game and I'm dying to get L2Classic in Europe. Sadly Innova (the publisher for L2 in EU) is so incompetent I highly doubt we are ever getting Classic in Europe. It's working pretty damn well in Asia and Russia.

Runescape. Only PvP game worth its salt.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Shadowbane...

cuz of grobolds....

This of course. I was addicted to it at one point. It was new, I was new to the genre. Despite all of it's warts, it was amazing. That being said, and I hate to say it, it is old and tired now. I realized that after playing the emulators. ..

Mortal Online

because SB and L2 was taken..

This. I would have loved to see what a AAA studio could have done with it (though a AAA studio would have likely never created it in the first place). If the game had more content and polish it could be really amazing. There are alot of great systems and concepts there. Very poor launch didn't help.

Edited by armegeddon

Best overall = EvE Online

Best Community = Outlaw Biker clans in Fallen Earth

Best Atmosphere = The Secret World

Best Crafting = SWG

Best Melee Combat System = Age of Conan

Best Launch = City of Heroes

Best Ship Combat = Pirates of Burning Sea

Best Capture Mechanics = Port Battles, Pirates of the Burning Sea

Best Faction System = Fallen Earth

Best Player Econony = EvE Online

Best Expansions = Star Trek Online

Best Role Play Community = Lord of the Rings Online

Best Dev Created Special Events = City of Heroes

-If the title has been mentioned you CAN NOT mention it again

Some people fail at the game.

Best Launch = City of Heroes

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahahahahhahahahahahaha....  *gasps for air*  AAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAhahahahahahahhaha... *passes out*

Also, Darkage of Camelot...

(because UO pre-Tramm was already mentioned.)

Incredible game, great people, RvR = Stupid amounts of fun (if your computer could handle the Mid Zerg.)

Lineage II back in the day of The Chaotic Chronicles (from C1 to C5, allowing even Interlude since some people considere it as C6).

It's my all-time favorite game and I'm dying to get L2Classic in Europe. Sadly Innova (the publisher for L2 in EU) is so incompetent I highly doubt we are ever getting Classic in Europe. It's working pretty damn well in Asia and Russia.

Didn't get the chance to play Linage II either, one more I wish I had.