Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Getz

Whats The Best Mmo That You Played?

I really hate when people say "DFO" and aren't talking about Dungeon Fighter Online.

Which is my pick.  Fighter meets MMO, not your FPSRPGs or your tab targeting loot piñatas.

gtfo, there's only one DFO and it sure as feck ain't Dungeon Fighter Online

Member of The BlackHand Order

gtfo, there's only one DFO and it sure as feck ain't Dungeon Fighter Online

Your message made me think about the CF acronym I often see on the forum.

CF is  the acronym of Crossfire, one of the most popular F2P first-person shooter game.

k1TzYwe.png?1

And when I type "CF" on Google, I get a bunch of results related to Cystic fibrosis.

Nice topic that makes me think that if ACE would make CF a little bit hardcore at least all the Wildstar. GW etc fans will leave the game very soon... So excited.

When I was young I played every MMO I could get my hands on, honestly my favorite was DDO at launch,when there was only 10 levels, and it took forever to get those 10 levels, the raids and dungeons were tough and their trap mechanics were something I haven't seen replicated (well) since. But I probably only like it best because it had the most infuence on my gaming. But I'm a filthy PVE lover at heart, I didn't get into PVP until a year ago I love the challenge ,but I honestly still enjoy PVE more.

Edited by dorksmetal

For me it was also Wildstar. Too bad how things ended up. I had the most fun, laughs and late nights playing that game. I was never a huge PvPer until WS. Laughing so hard I was crying was a regular thing. I also met a lot of really amazing folks in game and at PAX. I really miss it. <3

Edited by tehmartini

One of the reasons DDO was so challenging was the idea of fixed resources.  You could not simply spam heals on the tank or resurrect dps or wipe repeatedly till you downed a boss.  Entering the dungeon meant you had X amount of mana and when it was gone you were poorly made socks out of luck.

For the casual content, you could alleviate this by leaving the mission and reentering but that carried a massive XP and rewards penalty percentage to your final total for the mission.  If you really sucked and died repeatedly/reentered repeatedly, you would drop down to 0% rewards and not get anything for your time at all.  These also weren't tiny drops... it was easy to get -80% rewards and feel you wasted your effort, which was horrible when DDO also had depreciating XP values each time you complete the dungeon.  So you were REALLY encouraged to do it right with no screwups or just abandon the entire mission and start over.

This gradually went away as the level cap raised because with epic loot and high tier gear, people were able to easily overcome the lower content which made farming gear for new characters way easier.

The only PVP game I'm seeing try that lately is Pathfinder Online with Power regen, which doesn't occur unless you rest in a tavern far away from the battlefields.  It would be interesting if Crowfall went this route and had mana NOT regen unless you went back to town, making all classes more conservative of their ability fuel.

Hard choice, but I think I'll go with DAoC.

Most fun I've ever had with large scale PvP.

Constant optimism will not solve your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

Darkfall, for it's combat, and the adrenaline it created trying to survive in such a harsh world.

I also have to include Anarchy Online, since it was the first MMO that I stuck with for an extended period of time. AO was such an unique game with such a friendly community with players from all over the world. It was over 14 years ago, and I still periodically log into my old clans forums for the nostalgia... crazy that familiar people are still playing it to this day.

The best for me are Shadowbane and Asheron's Call: Darktide.

UO was good, but I didn't fall into that rabbit hole as deeply. 

WoW gets honorable mention for "most polished MMO" but that just makes it an even bigger disappointment because the game utterly lacked the FFA PvP sandbox I wanted from it.  So many servers and they couldn't throw us Play2Crush peeps a bone?

IhhQKY6.gif

LOTRO

Dat RP doe

Spent the majority of my in game time there, and its the game that holds the most nostalgia for me. Extremely detailed and the storyline was classic, very underrated it seems.

"This is no place for the noble or young, born with the taste of blood on our tongues"

3 years SWTOR - 7 years LOTRO - Beta tester ESO - 4 years WoW - Beta tester RIFT

6TfiDku.gif

LOTRO

Dat RP doe

Spent the majority of my in game time there, and its the game that holds the most nostalgia for me. Extremely detailed and the storyline was classic, very underrated it seems.

Oh man, I'm with you there.  As far as story, atmosphere and community go, LotRO would be my pick. Miss that game immensely. It does seem to be overlooked by many people as a generic WoW-clone. Maybe we're just suckas for Tolkien's brilliant universe :)

Maybe we're just suckas for Tolkien's brilliant universe :)

I would have to say that I totally am, and its cool to see others showing such a wonderful game love.

"This is no place for the noble or young, born with the taste of blood on our tongues"

3 years SWTOR - 7 years LOTRO - Beta tester ESO - 4 years WoW - Beta tester RIFT

6TfiDku.gif