Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Video - Winterblades Organized PVP - Ranger Gameplay

damebix

You can't roll notorious and hate the spotlight. :P

I'd imagine you're a popular called target. Ask Tyrant how it is!

Nah i dont mind being targeted. I'm just sad I died, instead of running with you guys I got run over by you lol ;)

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

Good video.

Question: Do you intentionally not use #2 bow?

(can chain damage to 3 targets and give you the 'hot shot' buff)

or find it not worthwhile / just forgot about it.

Edited by Tinnis

Good video.

Question: Do you intentionally not use #2 bow?

(can chain damage to 3 targets and give you the 'hot shot' buff)

or find it not worthwhile / just forgot about it.

Great question.  It's certainly the power I use the least (even less than archer stake, which I should find more use of because of the snare).  I haven't tested ricochet shot recently, but previously it was doing sub-optimal damage.  The damage to the first target was much less than regular left-click.  Most of my DPS comes from 1 and left-click, with the occasional #4 AoE if I see a lot clumped up (although I think the damage on the AoE is still really low).  Next play test I'll do more with #2 and see if it makes any difference.

qMEsHyg.png

www.winterblades.net

It was a blast, Dreaden, you are an awesome healer...You kept us all alive in that video....Jah, healing me outside group was pro as well......

Edited by Nakawe

Great question.  It's certainly the power I use the least (even less than archer stake, which I should find more use of because of the snare).  I haven't tested ricochet shot recently, but previously it was doing sub-optimal damage.  The damage to the first target was much less than regular left-click.  Most of my DPS comes from 1 and left-click, with the occasional #4 AoE if I see a lot clumped up (although I think the damage on the AoE is still really low).  Next play test I'll do more with #2 and see if it makes any difference.

Yup I see the purpose of more focused single target damage. What I do when I play ranger (somewhat rarely I'll add) - is quickly use #2 with zero charge if there are 3 targets - just to get the 'hot shot' buff (only get it if you hit 3)

hot shot seems to best combine with bow #1 for multiple hits and increased chance to crit.

hot shot = +150% critical hit damage for 10 seconds.

rapid fire = For each arrow that doesn’t land a critical hit, the player is granted 10% critical hit chance which stacks until they do land a critical hit.

Has anyone ever quantified how much % damage increase the +250 attack power from stake translates to in play?

(i've also asked, with no response, a similar question for Lego's +100 attack power aura. I wish these skills just simply said - increases damage by X%....)

Edited by Tinnis

Has anyone ever quantified how much % damage increase the +250 attack power from stake translates to in play?

(i've also asked, with no response, a similar question for Lego's +100 attack power aura. I wish these skills just simply said - increases damage by X%....)

I'm wondering if there's any information you can grab about this in the character screen.  There's A LOT of stats down there.  Here's a link to all of them.  Again, something I should look into next playtest to see if the attack power modification can be noticed here.

http://i.imgur.com/tGfjV5w.png

qMEsHyg.png

www.winterblades.net

I'm wondering if there's any information you can grab about this in the character screen.  There's A LOT of stats down there.  Here's a link to all of them.  Again, something I should look into next playtest to see if the attack power modification can be noticed here.

http://i.imgur.com/tGfjV5w.png

from what i've seen attack power gives flat damage increase but its not as simple as base 300 attack power + 100 attack power = +33% damage...

basically 'attack power' is meaningless for practically reading the effects on your damage as % increases

(from a player's perspective anyway)

Edited by Tinnis

<vid>

Hope you don't mind - used a GIF from your video in an alternative thread

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/11724-typical-thought-threadr/#entry269689

please pop in and share your opinions regarding:

"everyone forgets without some level of rooted combat everything can feel like a bunny hopping floaty strafe fest"

just look at what a knight can do (free movement on left clicks) against an opponent that is rooted in place for melee (ranger)

Edited by Tinnis

I'm 99.9% sure that was me playing a knight (invisible) although I could see my own body, attacking damebix at 12:30 in the video. 

It is most definitely not a catapult bug because I was never in one that match, I did die once. And no one seemed to attack me after that... So it is most likely a death bug.

Crazy ex-girlfriends are like a box of chocolates...

They'll kill your dog.

I'm 99.9% sure that was me playing a knight (invisible) although I could see my own body, attacking damebix at 12:30 in the video. 

It is most definitely not a catapult bug because I was never in one that match, I did die once. And no one seemed to attack me after that... So it is most likely a death bug.

Do you recall where you were positioned in relation to the graveyard and the attacker's camp when you first think (on the video) you became invisible?

Tark ended up invisible in one of the fights I recorded the other day I believe. He was also on a Knight so may be related specifically to that class.

C4sIZDW.gif