Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zesar

Question about the intended launch date

I am not completely sure if this is the correct place to post questions for your monthly video updates :P but here goes

How likely is it that Crowfall will be launches in late 2016 as originally intended? 

We can only speculate about this.

If Small Campaign testing starts end of May, it would be about 5 months of campaign testing until release in December.

That could be enough, but its really ambitious, and maybe it is better to let the game launch a few months later.

All backers will get access to the game in 2016 anyway, so there is no need to push the official release.

In December Crowfall should be in a state where playing the game is already somewhat refined and a great experience.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

It's really hard to tell because we don't have much information about the overall progress. Most of what we see in the combat tests is specific to the systems we're testing, so it would depend on their progress on the other stuff (crafting, world building, group mechanics, textures, archetypes, progression, items, etc.) I guess that we will have a better idea once the mini-campaign begins.

On the website when we register it's written "free beta access in winter 2016", so if the free beta begins somewhere around December/January, then launch could be not long after that if everything goes well.

In one of the QA videos (can't recall which) Todd spoke about how there really is no official "release" for a game like Crowfall. They will continually be adding to and improving the game long after they deem it ready for general consumers.

The closest thing he related a release to was when they stop whipping player progression. I'm guessing that will happen sometime after the end of the year. Whether they will have all the archetypes and campaign rulesets up and running, we will just have to wait and see.

In general, I think ACE is developing at an incredible pace already and seeing improvements in stability and gameplay each week is impressive. 

In one of the QA videos (can't recall which) Todd spoke about how there really is no official "release" for a game like Crowfall. They will continually be adding to and improving the game long after they deem it ready for general consumers.

The closest thing he related a release to was when they stop whipping player progression. I'm guessing that will happen sometime after the end of the year. Whether they will have all the archetypes and campaign rulesets up and running, we will just have to wait and see.

In general, I think ACE is developing at an incredible pace already and seeing improvements in stability and gameplay each week is impressive. 

I think that what they were trying to say is more that in a MMO game, the game is constantly evolving with additions and changes.

Once the open beta has ended, ACE will require players to purchase a copy of the game and at that point I guess it's the official release.

ACE probably won't "launch" the game until the core module (campaigns, EKs, player progression, world destruction, etc.) is polished and fully functional with little or no bugs and combat is more fluid and seamless.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I am just curious to know if they are on track :P!. I do not mind waiting even for another year ( Yeah im that psyched) but im just curious as to where they are at at the moment :P!.. I agree with what has been said. they are already developing at incredible speed. and they are doing an amazing job at keeping in touch with the community 

I am just curious to know if they are on track :P!. I do not mind waiting even for another year ( Yeah im that psyched) but im just curious as to where they are at at the moment :P!.. I agree with what has been said. they are already developing at incredible speed. and they are doing an amazing job at keeping in touch with the community 

I would say the are on track as they have 4, almost 5 archetypes made and some of the other ones are easier to makes since it wont require new tech. They will be testing a mini campaign probably within the next 2 months so seems like they can hit Jan/Feb 2017 launch to me

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

I would say the are on track as they have 4, almost 5 archetypes made and some of the other ones are easier to makes since it wont require new tech. They will be testing a mini campaign probably within the next 2 months so seems like they can hit Jan/Feb 2017 launch to me

On another topic I read that there's lots of things totally missing (like EK, crafting...), I don't see how they can add and test all that in so few time :/

On another topic I read that there's lots of things totally missing (like EK, crafting...), I don't see how they can add and test all that in so few time :/

They are working on crafting in the back ground as if you look at screen shots they have basic recipes and things designed up. Crafting is just menus I would imagine like in other games that doesn't really require much work. The thing that does require a lot of work is balancing the economy. THIS I hope they really get right, supposedly this Ralph dude is a very good economist and has prior experience with Ulitmia online and other games. I never played his games so I cant say if his skills are good or not.

and EK is just a reuse of all the campaign stuff that the player gets to build themselves.

What I see the future looking like

Beta Winter 2016 would be December/Jan/Feb where we test all the stuff, crafting is in, EK building is in campaigns that are a few weeks at a time etc...and then one massive wipe before the launch. They have to have a WIPE because they are having an open BETA where anyone can play for free and the actual game is BUY 2 PLAY.

​I would say EARLY 2017  Feb/March is when you should expect a launch.

Edited by YouTubejasonwivart

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA