Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reider

Powers and Gameplay customization

I stopped following the news as much as I used too, I am not reading the forums as much either, and I don't want to dive into all the post to find a half-answer.

Basicly I want to know what has been said about powers/skills/gameplay customization.

The only thing I know is that they retracted from the idea of specializations changing the archetype style completly as It was supposed to be at first (Knight specialization using bow as main weapon).

I stopped following the news as much as I used too, I am not reading the forums as much either, and I don't want to dive into all the post to find a half-answer.

Basicly I want to know what has been said about powers/skills/gameplay customization.

The only thing I know is that they retracted from the idea of specializations changing the archetype style completly as It was supposed to be at first (Knight specialization using bow as main weapon).

I don't believe that to be the case, but might be wrong.

(i think you may be thinking of they might of said that a knight promotion with a bow wouldn't LOSE their sword and shield access...adds options on top without taking away from base kit - e.g. a weapon swap probably like ranger)

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

False assumption. Promotions and Disciplines are still planned, but we don't know when they will be implemented. Currently the existing and new archetypes have only their basic skill set, but that will change. When, we don't know. I assume we'll see these when ACE is finished developing combat tech and they can start creating archetypes for real.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

IIRC, skills are gained passively through skill trees, new powers will not be gained through skill trees, there will be a different system for skill acquisition, some disciplines and promotions should still be giving archetypes new weapons, and every power on the hotbar can be changed for another.

Most of this stuff is in the FAQ, I think, but I wasn't following CF forum news before HD Test 1.0, so I might be wrong on some stuff

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.