• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tinnis

'Quick cast' / 'Quick combo'?

Hello,

Firstly:

I love the combo system. If anything I want more combo skills and more branching (with more complicated trigger effects / bonus effects on certain conditions)

However - what do you think of a 'Quick' skill relating to combos [likely discipline]

My initial idea is based off DAOC's quickcast - but modified to fit Crowfall.

- You trigger the skill (with a LONG cooldown) and then the next combo skill you activates will immediately go to the end of the chain.

- For non channeled non combo powers - increase the animation speed (e.g. Lego's scatter horde)

- For channeled non combo powers - increased the charge rate or instantly fully charged (e.g. Confessor's Meteor)

- To prevent 'front loading' powers - use Champion's #5 ultimate warrior hateful mechanic. The skill must be charged by dealing and taking damage before it can be used. When charged it can only be used for a certain time before reset to 0. Charge decays in and out of combat.

- Beyond the skill charge time / cool down - could additionally make the power you used have a longer cool down than normal - or cost additional resource to use.

I'm not wanting to avoid combos - this is a suggestion for more dynamic and unpredictable combat options for 'oh crap' moments and for people to turn things around unexpectedly and dramatically with skillful timing and use.

[as currently the combos are very rotational and predicable]

Please share your thoughts for this suggestion and the combo system in general!

Edited by Tinnis