Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Plans to tackle eternal trading

Tinnis

edit: brain asleep. title should be 'external' instead of 'eternal' but i suppose also applies to EXTERNAL eternal trading..yes....

Pursuing the reddit for Crowfall (bad idea I know!) I was amused and disappointed to see a post and entire website already set up to "sell crowfall gold". I'm not linking it.

Firstly - will there be hard currency as coins - or will we only be bartering usable resources?

(I would 100% prefer this system - prime example is Path of exile aRPG - no gold - all currency used for trade are actual items used in crafting)

I imagine import and export rules will help - but what about inside a campaign world?

Edited by Tinnis

To answer your question simply, it'll be both.

Hard currency such as simple gold, iron, etc. that can be crafted into coins will be the most common and usable currency from EK to EK.

As for campaign trading though, not so much.

Currency follows the embargo rules, so if you want your dragons haul or riches you'll have to stash it in your embargo and wait till campaigns end.

As such its would be worthless as compared to other materials that would be of more immense value in the campaign map since it has a more immediate and tangible effect that can help you win or lose.

A good example metals and wood to build your equipment, and siege is more worth while. Where the iron coins would have to be converted back into iron bars at a loss to make it immediately usable if you don't plan on winning the campaign, or stashing the coins in the embargo vault and waiting till the campaign ends to take it back to your EK.

That gold selling site would probably be better of bartering in cash for resources scheme than gold considering that the limitations of the embargo would have on the resources to make said gold cash.

Also to head of any other questions, all shops are player run. Thus player funded, which means there's no vendor trash (stuff you sell for gold) that puts money into the economy. All of it comes from us. The Players, who will have to port from EK to EK in hopes of finding a better deal and bartering your shirts of goats and chickens for swords.

Edit:

Grammar mistakes and made hopefully a bit easier to understand.

Edited by Vuris

Well first coins are items and like said are likely subject to import/export restrictions like everything else. Also being items they are dropped and can be looted upon death. So that pretty much leaves the EK the only real way to make coins and sell them. But we've been told that EK will only have low quality and low quantity/limited resources so might not be very efficient to make and sell coins that way. Plus I would think if someone is exclusively using their EK to make money by selling coins that's something that ACE can track and shut down.

Furthermore they talked about a Trusted trader program whereby certain RMTs would be regulated and restricted through official channels. So after all that while some will still try I don't think gold selling/buying will be much of an issue like it has in past games.

edit: brain asleep. title should be 'external' instead of 'eternal' but i suppose also applies to EXTERNAL eternal trading..yes....

Pursuing the reddit for Crowfall (bad idea I know!) I was amused and disappointed to see a post and entire website already set up to "sell crowfall gold". I'm not linking it.

Firstly - will there be hard currency as coins - or will we only be bartering usable resources?

(I would 100% prefer this system - prime example is Path of exile aRPG - no gold - all currency used for trade are actual items used in crafting)

I imagine import and export rules will help - but what about inside a campaign world?

There will be coinage, but players will make it so technically all currency used for trade are actual items used in crafting. 100% barter would be fun, but ACE is going to allow us to buy items from the shop with in-game coinage, which I like even more. Goat trading doesn't really work when dealing with the developers, unless ACE were to set a value for every item in the game, or only excepted certain items for which they set a trade value. Either way it would be the death of true barter.

(There is also the Trusted Trader program for authorized RMT.)