Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
presharrison

Why is playtest times only for 1.5 hours?

Sorry if this question has already been asked but I took a quick look and didnt see it, so I figured I would post it and see.

So i and trying to figure out why playtest times have been limited to only 1.5 hour sessions?

Why not longer???

I can't speak for everyone but I am not seeing much getting done in this time.

Why not a full day or something like that.  I really don't to start and then just get in to the game and have to stop.

Thanks in advance,

PresHarrison

IF you would have 24/7 tests (or even an entire day) there might not be enough people to play. A 5v5 siege doesnt test anything and isnt fun.

That's what I remember the devs said but I agree.

I AM ME!
I love you all.

Our current pre-alpha tests require a critical mass of players to both be fun and to give us the data we are looking for.  Both Hunger Dome and Siege Perilous are short session tests (by design) and after getting them played 5-10 times normally gives us the data we need for a particular build.  We actually run more tests than we need to try and accommodate more of our backers getting the opportunity to test Crowfall.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Our current pre-alpha tests require a critical mass of players to both be fun and to give us the data we are looking for.  Both Hunger Dome and Siege Perilous are short session tests (by design) and after getting them played 5-10 times normally gives us the data we need for a particular build.  We actually run more tests than we need to try and accommodate more of our backers getting the opportunity to test Crowfall.

Makes sense, and I'm glad you guys do it that way - maximizes the fun!

Exception is the test schedule for Sunday the 1st being online from 9-10pm EST.  That makes no sense to me!  :P

CfWBSig.png

Exception is the test schedule for Sunday the 1st being online from 9-10pm EST.  That makes no sense to me!  :P

I know right! I'd be cool with starting early and ending early so we don't have to choose.

Okay Tyrant, you have twisted my arm and I'm finally willing to give in. Just give me the keys to the server and I'll turn them on more often so people can get to play. You can go fishing while I work for free.  :D 

On a serious note. I remember in one of the first SP tests we spawned into a testing area instead of the SP map. Would be nice if one day we could get to mess around in that testing area without an actual objective just to look at some numbers and test out abilities without worrying that we are hurting someone's testing experience. Pretty please?  :wub: