Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gwalchavad

Wind and gravity in combat mechanics

I think ACE could add another layer to siege warfare strategy by adding wind and gravity to combat mechanics.

If an archer shoots an arrow with tailwind, the arrow would do more damage and have a greater range than usual. If an archer shoots from a higher position he should deal more damage and have a greater range. 

Wind and gravity should affect physical and magical projectiles. The impact should vary based on the size/mass of the projectiles; wind having a greater impact on smaller projectile. 

Choosing the side with the wind advantage to lay a siege on a castle would be a valid strategy. A change of wind could alter the course of a siege.

Using the rampart to increase damage and range of attack would make it more interesting to defend the castle from the rempart.

The damage and range modifications should vary based on the wind speed and the wind orientation. 

Comment!

They could easily add the wind orientation and speed to the compass.
Edited by Gwalchavad

good idea but it is not worth it to bring it in the game and it wouldn't be much fun when it gets to realistic. (people mostly won't hit each other because of wind and physic effects ==> high frustration :lol: )

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

i dont mean to use it to deviate arrow trajectory, but to augment damage and range when you use a favorable tailwind, and reduce damage and range with you have a headwind. 

it should be an increase by a small factor like 10-20% increase max, enough to be usefull.

I don't think it's a bad idea but, I would wait until after release. I realize this could make a large difference in game play but for now let's get the base combat smoother, less clunky, and more exciting. Once the game is released this is the type of thing they could test in one of their campaigns.

I doubt they will get creative with projectile mechanics, we aren't seeing decay on most projectiles as it is, and it has to operate in a manner functional for gameplay.

Without an FCS, there really aren't many interesting things they can implement.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P