Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Barab

The battle of the Nothern Banewood tree

That was a fun fight. We (maybe half of the -W- guys) ended up on your team. Where the match is fairly lopsided, as this one was, and we are defending we often intentionally avoid attacking the last tree so we can farm more kills. It worked out fantastically in that fight. Tree went down with like 6 seconds left or so. No wasted minutes.

In another one earlier as attacker I *think* we set a new record at a total siege completion in a little over 5 minutes as attackers. It's fun both ways, but I think the PvP farming is much safer as defender if the wall is still intact and 2 of the 3 attacker trees are down.

I hear that often on my vids. My mic is push to talk and everyone else's in channel as well. I feel like it may be the game. A pulse or something because it's ebb and flow is exact.

Edit: that noise is from the hunger on the perimeter I think. It's a hunger pulse of something. It's definetly not from discord or our mics. Once the match ends as we are in the lobby you don't hear it. I've picked that audio pulse up on my recordings since hunger dome using fraps, shadowplay, and YouTube. It's been killing me as to what it is.

Edited by barab

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

Is someone breathing into their mic?

"Heavy breather" appears to actually be a Confessor at 2 o'clock throwing fireballs at the tree. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

At least now we know how the fireball soundeffect was made ("Thats the animation, but we don't have the sound effect yet." *breath* *breath* "Eureka!"). Would be interesting to know whos breath it was though.

Nice video by the way.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

"Heavy breather" appears to actually be a Confessor at 2 o'clock throwing fireballs at the tree. 

That would at least explain why I'm feeling breathless every time I'm trying to grill someone....or maybe thats just the fun and excitement overwhelming me :D

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

https://youtu.be/XrS11QNcICc

Neat fight to watch on 6/24/16 PM hunger dome. Had a three to four group fight there outside the keep. I was told I was glitched at the end with hunger. Someone take a look and see at what point the glitch started or what skill may have glitched it. Maybe it had something to do with the buff last words. I know I was taking hunger damage up till close to the very end. Perhaps Ironwood Body aids vs hunger, or something with natures grace / natures bond glitched hunger right at the very very end. /shrug...either way it was a very fun fight.

Edited by barab

Nice fight! 

It did seem like you stopped taking hunger damage after the Ironwood Body buff became active. I still saw a little damage come in after that which I assume was hunger, and it only hit for 400 instead of 1k+, which seems to indicate Ironwood body. Last Words was already active before that and you were still taking full hunger damage. It did seem like in the very final seconds you went quite far into the hunger while Chodie died, but maybe that was a lagged reaction that reached your client, making it seem to you like he died a second after he actually did? Don't know, still it was a fun fight to watch  :)

Edited by Rikutatis

Nice fight! 

It did seem like you stopped taking hunger damage after the Ironwood Body buff became active. I still saw a little damage come in after that which I assume was hunger, and it only hit for 400 instead of 1k+, which seems to indicate Ironwood body. Last Words was already active before that and you were still taking full hunger damage. It did seem like in the very final seconds you went quite far into the hunger while Chodie died, but maybe that was a lagged reaction that reached your client, making it seem to you like he died a second after he actually did? Don't know, still it was a fun fight to watch  :)

It's interesting, I am wondering if last word and ironwood absorb the hunger damage. Is hunger damage physical ? I feel that after the last death in hunger dome, as the match ends, hunger damage stops perhaps ? I don't know ...regardless of outcome the large middle fight was a good time.

It's interesting, I am wondering if last word and ironwood absorb the hunger damage. Is hunger damage physical ? I feel that after the last death in hunger dome, as the match ends, hunger damage stops perhaps ? I don't know ...regardless of outcome the large middle fight was a good time.

Hunger damage is not physical. It has its own resistance type, and immune to mitigation I think

e.g. doubt you can knight block it but can't remember.

You varied between:

taking hunger damage 11:08 [no buffs]

[then moved out]

taking hunger damage 11:15 [no buffs]

[then moved out]

last words applied 11:17

but you then took hunger damage at 11:18

[then moved out]

further hunger damage at 11:29 (with last word and bark skin on)

ironwood skin triggered at 11:33 but you continued to take hunger damage amounts

The trigger for your hunger immunity appears to be at 11:34. A lego attempts to Scatter Horde on you triggering 'movement cc immunity'.

It is after this point you no longer see the hunger comes debuff or take any hunger damage despite your positioning clearly indicating you should have compared to others there. Hunger immunity stays even after the movement cc immunity buff fades at 11:43

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

even though bark skin might be doing something odd too - the buff stayed on your even after your barrier was depleted

and you were also hunger pool depleted enough to not have hp regen

*shrug*

as on second thought techically the 'hunger comes' debuff actually disappeared from your right side JUST before the lego completed his scatter horde to apply damage to you / give you movement cc immunity

unless a client/server delay or the power triggers as 'hitting' before it completes the animation

hunger comes present as lego starts scatter animation

shMfmGH.png

hunger comes disappears mid lego animation

LMytBOv.png

vs the hit of scatter 277 damage hit + applies movement cc immunity

VWs2BpW.png

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Good work tinnis, in the heat of battle, I didnt notice anything. Whatever was happening it was interesting but I think your on to something with the immune CC theory.

Edited by barab