• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PC Gamer exclusive: Under siege

Pann

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got pretty excited watching the trailer, but we know the majority are thinking it looks bad. Look at the comments. So maybe too soon? At least that was instantly said our guild Discord.

I'm happy some big gaming sites are given Crowfall some attention, but it might have been better without this video.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Was a well done video and captured the right vibe, just the general nature of the stage the game for people who don't know its pre alpha, or don't care what that means.

protip: comments will always be bad :)

The thing with Crowfall at this current stage of development is that the only people who really think the game looks good are people that are buy into the vision.

Crowfall gameplay isn't much to look at right now and I really doubt it'll ever be as flashy as something like BDO. It's still pretty early so I'm not worried. However I really doubt Crowfall is ever going to win people over with its awesome LOOKING gameplay. I'd expect more small scale grass roots growth where more and more people buy into the vision.

Combat in its current state isn't much to look at and the trailer being 10 fps in a market where lots of gameplay trailers are 60 fps didn't do them any favors. Especially since this is a PC game and there's a lot of people that are in the "OMFG ANY GAME UNDER 120 FPS and 120 FOV MAKE ME LITERALLY SICK TO MY STOMACH" crowd.

Was a well done video and captured the right vibe, just the general nature of the stage the game for people who don't know its pre alpha, or don't care what that means.

protip: comments will always be bad :)

Yep this. I mean it says Pre-Alpha right on the video.  Getting the game out in the public eye even at this early stage is needed as ACE doesn't really have an advertising budget.   Can't let comments sections the dregs of the internet dictate how you show the game.

Besides its the concepts and feature set they are mostly showing not exactly how the gameplay looks right now.

I got pretty excited watching the trailer, but we know the majority are thinking it looks bad. Look at the comments. So maybe too soon? At least that was instantly said our guild Discord.

I'm happy some big gaming sites are given Crowfall some attention, but it might have been better without this video.

Dunno, it's better than most of the videos I see CU put out.

Edit: Some of those comments are savage as custard tho.

@Canth I generally love being right.. this time it hurts a bit.

To the folks that I had the pleasure to discuss with in the testing subforum these past days... told 'ya.

Let's not despair though, as others have said it's still Pre-Alpha (at least in theory), so let's just take the punch and use the feedback positively.

Priorities right now should be combat and FPS optimization. New siege mechanics looks cool and all, but imho they have to wait.

y9tj8G5.png

Gotta go with a lot of the folks here, it was way too early to put that out. I also think you should probably start looking into getting an eye in the sky and recording some of the larger matches we have instead. Some of those matches really feel quite grand, whereas that trailer didn't seem anywhere near as intense. Hell, Ziz's video "Winterblades Killed Me" had way more intensity than this one. So did Ssly's video that he made back in Hunger Dome, where he spliced together the really exciting moments of the game.

Gotta go with a lot of the folks here, it was way too early to put that out. I also think you should probably start looking into getting an eye in the sky and recording some of the larger matches we have instead. Some of those matches really feel quite grand, whereas that trailer didn't seem anywhere near as intense. Hell, Ziz's video "Winterblades Killed Me" had way more intensity than this one. So did Ssly's video that he made back in Hunger Dome, where he spliced together the really exciting moments of the game.

Yeah, I felt like they could have chose some better things but I think it was way way way too early to throw something out like that. Particularly with the frame rate being awful.

C4sIZDW.gif

Disagree its too early but I do think they perhaps should have had narration or at least text popups talking about the concepts they want to show. Like the destructible walls and keeps, sieging, etc.

Otherwise not going to get doom and gloom as some do about comment section posts especially when most of the comments are about how a Pre-Alpha game looks and not about the actual concepts and mechanics of the game (which should have been highlighted better in the video I admit).  

Honestly, I can't tell the difference between 10 fps and 60 fps besides that 60 looks more HD than 10. The only gripe I have with the trailer is that the guy recording was always ooc when they were recording

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Disagree its too early but I do think they perhaps should have had narration or at least text popups talking about the concepts they want to show. Like the destructible walls and keeps, sieging, etc.

Otherwise not going to get doom and gloom as some do about comment section posts especially when most of the comments are about how a Pre-Alpha game looks and not about the actual concepts and mechanics of the game (which should have been highlighted better in the video I admit).  

I could really care less what a comment section says, my point was that the video was really just lack luster. Some of these matches we get 40v40 and the feel of the game is a lot more epic than the 12 or so guys they used in that trailer.

Hell just a video of the walls coming down and the epic courtyard fight up to the ToL that happens would be way more interesting than that trailer.

I could really care less what a comment section says, my point was that the video was really just lack luster. Some of these matches we get 40v40 and the feel of the game is a lot more epic than the 12 or so guys they used in that trailer.

Hell just a video of the walls coming down and the epic courtyard fight up to the ToL that happens would be way more interesting than that trailer.

Yeah like I said they should probably be highlighting/explaining the actual features more in vids like this and not just pure gameplay vids. The article goes into it but based on comments looks like most didn't even bother reading the article and went straight for looks and performance based critiques.

Probably should work on the FPS issues before they do another one of these.  Some of us put up with it cause we love the vision and the end goal. A lot of people wont even look at this game now because of this one video.  Sell the vision not the current testing module IMO.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

The comments on the Massively story are less critical, but there's not a lot of them.

I think it looks fine.  But I thought Shadowbane looked fine too, at the time.  It looks way better than camelot unchained in the gameplay footage I've seen there.

What Crowfall really needs is an information dump with details on archetypes, skill trees, powers, the state of the back end (EK, account persistence etc), disciplines, and so on.  Don't show us the engine un-optimized.  Show us the things that will affect gameplay.

Dunno, it's better than most of the videos I see CU put out.

I did say that I thought it was good, just that others will think it's bad.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Archived