Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

PC Gamer exclusive: Under siege

:rolleyes:

No offense man but you seem pretty obsessed over what other people think of the game. Most of whom who are uninformed about the game itself and how KS, Indie dev process needs to work. Most of the negatives revolve around how the game LOOKS, how a PRE-ALPHA game LOOKS. If you want a game to look pretty and work amazingly smooth at this early stage then great but you probably shouldn't be following a small budget indie dev game though.

Got that by a link? Just wanted you guys to chime in and drop some of your positivity.

And yes, external opinions do matter... that's how MMOs work.

y9tj8G5.png

I

Thanks for those of you who realize this and back us up when people start throwing rocks!

Which reminds me, will rocks and rock throwing be an option in game? 

Which Archetype will handle this.....duelist, stalker? 

Very bad humor to lighten the mood....carry on

OS_Sig3.png

Got that by a link? Just wanted you guys to chime in and drop some of your positivity.

And yes, external opinions do matter... that's how MMOs work.

Got that by often you post about what the internet is thinking about CF like its your job.

Nope, not for THIS MMO. Not right now anyways. Opinions of backers and testers yes. Opinions of the uninformed, uninterested not so much.  That's how KS, Indie MMOs work.

Edited by pang

wow so much negative comments here and the trailer...I thought it was actually really well done. This is free press for them, anytime somoene is talking about crowfall its a good thing. Just basic exposure may introduce the game to hundres/thousands of new players. The video shows off castle wall destruction and the basics of what siege perilous is. Combined with the positive article I guarantee that the video/article has brought at last a few players into the game already. Yes frame rate is pretty bad but that will improve over time. IT does say pre alpha on the video as well.

Edited by YouTubejasonwivart

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

There is but imagine if everyone was the exact same and was constantly praising everything without any criticism.

The game wouldn't end up good, would it? The stone throwing is a necessary "evil". Always has been and always will be.

This is exactly whats happening with CU. its the most disgusting fanboi circle _______ Ive ever seen. I feel like at least with CF were getting both sides of the argument and not just blind rabid fanbois, Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

This is exactly whats happening with CU. its the most disgusting fanboi circle _______ Ive ever seen.

Funnily enough I've been in CU since the beginning and I'm getting the exact same vibe as you.

It's why I've stopped doing any sort of testing or giving any feedback at all. I'm just gonna ride it out and hope for the best.

7ug90hM.png

Funnily enough I've been in CU since the beginning and I'm getting the exact same vibe as you.

It's why I've stopped doing any sort of testing or giving any feedback at all. I'm just gonna ride it out and hope for the best.

CU graphicly looked really off to me hence why I never backed or got interest in it. Overall some good idsea but graphics and performance do matter. It doesn't have to be the best graphics look at archeage...graphics are pretty poor but still doing okay

Also the press for AA and reviews could not be any worse. It literally is the most hated mmo out there but it still makes a ton of money and there is a market for it.

Edited by YouTubejasonwivart

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

wow so much negative comments here and the trailer...I thought it was actually really well done. This is free press for them, anytime somoene is talking about crowfall its a good thing. Just basic exposure may introduce the game to hundres/thousands of new players. The video shows off castle wall destruction and the basics of what siege perilous is. Combined with the positive article I guarantee that the video/article has brought at last a few players into the game already. Yes frame rate is pretty bad but that will improve over time. IT does say pre alpha on the video as well.

Yeah at the very least maybe some will come to the main site and spend a few minutes getting informed and keep an eye on the game going forward. At worst it puts the game on peoples radar and at best it gains more backers.

But yeah its entirely pointless IMO to get all worried, mad and obsess how a Pre-Alpha product is perceived, outside of backers and testers..

Edited by pang

Look, the trailer was garbage for a few reasons. You don't put out a video, knowing full well its not representative of the final product in any way, this early on. This notion of "any press is good press" is not a valid comment. Perhaps we are surrounded by Trump seemingly doing well with that concept, but the reality is normally the opposite.

I think Blair is correct that tailoring a customized game experience to capture a movie for the purposes of a press release is a giant waste of time.

People who are in this forum likely understand the concepts surrounding the current stage of development, but external viewers will see that video and go onto something else. As someone else mentioned this game needs to be dumping details of archetypes, promotion classes, crafting, etc. It doesn't matter if it changes.  If the only press or new stuff we see is poorly made socksty videos like this, this game is doomed at attracting new backers.

Please focus on something other than marketing your pre-alpha content. Focus on showing us what else Crowfall is planning on. For god sake, please do the opposite of whatever it is you were planning on doing for marketing. Its not working.

In about 10 month i gonna be here (hopefully still alive), and write a comment into this thread again.

So I guess I will be writing something like

"Hey, you still remember how these people bashed the video footage of Siege Mechanics back then?!

And now the game is like working totally great and is a real awesome experience. So much indeed that any person who is interested in Open World PvP MMO's with a Survival aspect should basically get this game."

Honestly, next year when Crowfall is out and showing the world how interesting an MMO can be, this here right now will be far less than a poor joke.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

I don't see the video as bad, personally. It's gameplay footage from an alpha ... and it looks pretty damn fun.

edit: but I do like Fenris' video better. :)

Better production quality in some ways.

Oh man I was just discussing with courant about it.

I never made any video (aside from gameplay uploads) and somehow with only 3 hours of work it was better than what PC gamer put out.

y9tj8G5.png

Having laboriously read all of the comments, now I see the issue. We can just do this better. :P

• I think Remlap is right: the player guild siege videos are just better and smarter. Bigger matches. We're better at the game, frankly (sorry Tyrant!). Some of the matches are more meaningful. (when we face Sugoi or another -W- team we get serious) We don't cost you any money! To boot, we pay you guys! Use the free labor bros.
  • I think the guys suggesting the FPS is the real issue are right. Does that even remotely support Fenris' crusade for Darkfall2? No. You guys just need to get on the FPS issues ASAP. Til then, do a drop screen before any future videos warning about the FPS as a specific Alpha issue.
  • I think it was too short. If you're gonna do it, do it bigger and longer. Avoiding taking that metaphor any further.
  • I think there was a shortage of Cool in that video. Not the concept. The player.

Solution? Time for a new contest Pann! Player-made real gameplay trailer! 1st prize something good. Like a Large Castle. 2d, 3d, a tad smaller.

Reasons? If it sucks, well, you've got your fall guy already. Us! We can't be expected to make a great trailer (Fenris already showed he could do a really good one). It's free to you and saves team time and resources. Great publicity as well. 

Do this and let us set a few matches with evenly numbered matches between opposing guilds (or groups of guilds). It'll work.

Solution? Time for a new contest Pann! Player-made real gameplay trailer! 1st prize something good. Like a Large Castle. 2d, 3d, a tad smaller.

Good idea.

IhhQKY6.gif

You know how they say taste and sound can be strongly linked to memory?  This brought me back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlkhn0YhUO4

Goddamn the Shadowbane music was so good. It had the perfect amount of mysticism and epicness at the same time. I hope Crowfall will have an equally good soundtrack.

7ug90hM.png