Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

International plans - Official discussion thread

1. We will come to an agreement with a partner to help bring Crowfall to Europe, launching at the same time as North America.
  2. This partner will be the most closely aligned with our U.S. launch, so we’ll do the best we can to enable cross-play to the degree it is logistically possible. At this point, though, we can’t make any promises. When you take into account various languages, currencies and legalities, it becomes very complicated.

-------

At least make it so that they can't change the game OR the cash shop... basically I hope they're just EU vendors.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Read the article. Nothing has changed really. No really new information. I can't say I'm not disappointed.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

No real answers yet on the EU problem, but most players in europe can at least read english so I don't see what is it really about.

Is it necessary to translate the game in languages like German, French, Italian... and what's there to translate if there aren't quests?

Name of the powers and tooltip descriptions can be understood by everyone imho, and sometimes translations of the former sound ridiculous.

TL;DR I wish someone would explain to me what's the real issue,.. can't you just pay an EU company to deal with sales/publicity/translations/servers and still link US & EU Crowfall universe? I understand the issue for any other part of the world.

its mainly the customer support angle i think...

Regardless of no new "game" information I still enjoyed the article, as it gave us info on what their looking at logistically.

love how hard you guys work for the backers sake, it's really beautiful ^_^

Console will be interesting, and now that PS4 has crossplay (and XBox is looking into it), it would be cool to see them be able to connect to PC servers! ...I guess as long as they are ok with being ROFLstomped by the pcmasterrace. Haha.

I would also like the EU-USA crossplay, though there might be lots of latency. Perhaps you guys (though this would take a ton of work) could institute some type of Campaign where once in a while two "Universes" would duke it out with each other? Just a though :)

Keep up the good work, ACE!

"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light." ~ Arca Jeth, Star Wars Legends

"We’ve also had some interest (rather unexpectedly, to be honest) from potential partners interested in bringing a version of Crowfall to consoles."

Im calling hogwash on this.

-from the UI update, March 24th-

I very much dislike the full screen character sheet. Its old looking, feels low resolution, why cover my live character to then show me a live view of it, you have my entire screen but i still need to scroll thought the stats? Losts of wasted space.... It feels like a really bad console port menu... Is that where were headed? This happened to eso ui and it was terrible.

And the response

Wow, conspiracy much?

We don't have a plan (nor the resources) for console. Will we ever? Maybe. but right now, we don't. and there is a good chance that, if we ever do console, we would have to re-do most of the UI, anyway. The idea of porting to console isn't driving this decision.

I get that you don't like it, but this a matter of your opinion. "I don't agree with their reasons" doesn't equate to "there must be some secret evil reason they aren't telling me."

There are some pros and some cons. Pros: it's clean, it maximizes space, and it makes a clear, obvious differentiation between "mouse mode" and "target mode". Those are all fair points, whether you agree with them or not.

Will we stick with it? I don't know, yet. Maybe. We felt it was worth trying, to see how we like it.

Todd

ACE

Call me a crazy conspiracy theorist... But i think this has been in the works for a long time, and is why we have this new UI, why combat is so limiting, and pretending like "oh my gosh what a suprise" is insulting.

Consoles force design decisions, and ruin games. I guarentee after launch people will point to this decision and raise holy hell.

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

"If you want to ask us something directly, we will be hosting an “Ask Me Anything” tomorrow morning (Thursday 5/5, 10 am Central) on/r/games."

I guess that with this update (console, international plans), the Siege Perilous trailer of yesterday, the mini-campaign that's been announced, the Druid and general progress in development, there will be tons of questions asked. Hopefully some spicy ones too!  :ph34r:

Call me a crazy conspiracy theorist... But i think this has been in the works for a long time, and is why we have this new UI, why combat is so limiting, and pretending like "oh my gosh what a suprise" is insulting.

The first time console came up was in December, when we were contacted, unexpectedly, by a company interested in the rights.  That conversation didn't lead anywhere.  It has come up a few times since as we have engaged with potential partners about foreign rights.  Historically, MMOs haven't worked on console, so platform didn't seem worth thinking about.  

Everything I said in the prior post is still true: we don't have a plan for console or resources for console.  We've had some conversations with potential partners, but that's it.  I only mentioned it because I said that I would keep you informed.

That said, if we are given an opportunity to license the game to console, and it looks like a good business decision, we will do it.  But it would require a porting effort, it would force us to redo most of the UI, and it would have to come after PC launch.  

Your original contention, that console plans are secretly driving design decisions for the PC version, is incorrect.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

I agree it is good buisness! More sales more people its all great. Still make makes me uneasy.

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

"We’ve also had some interest (rather unexpectedly, to be honest) from potential partners interested in bringing a version of Crowfall to consoles."

Im calling hogwash on this.

-from the UI update, March 24th-And the responseCall me a crazy conspiracy theorist... But i think this has been in the works for a long time, and is why we have this new UI, why combat is so limiting, and pretending like "oh my gosh what a suprise" is insulting.

Consoles force design decisions, and ruin games. I guarentee after launch people will point to this decision and raise holy hell.

I rarely agree with the alarmists, but console, integration of console, or even screwing around with bad UIs to leave the door open for console is a terrible idea.

It's worth raising holy hell about now so JTodd is reminded what a terrible idea it is.

The first time console came up was in December, when we were contacted, unexpectedly, by a company interested in the rights.  That conversation didn't lead anywhere.  It has come up a few times since as we have engaged with potential partners about foreign rights.  Historically, MMOs haven't worked on console, so platform didn't seem worth thinking about.  

Everything I said in the prior post is still true: we don't have a plan for console or resources for console.  We've had some conversations with potential partners, but that's it.  I only mentioned it because I said that I would keep you informed.

That said, if we are given an opportunity to license the game to console, and it looks like a good business decision, we will do it.  But it would require a porting effort, it would force us to redo most of the UI, and it would have to come after PC launch.  

Your original contention, that console plans are secretly driving design decisions for the PC version, is incorrect.

Todd

ACE

Alright but if I ever see Crowfall: Modern Warfare, or Crowfall: Advanced Warfare, or Crowfall: Black ops 2.... I will write a very critical post. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

So ACE wont publish Crowfall theirselves in Europe?

If you are looking for a partner for Europe please make sure its a gamer friendly company.

I wouldnt have any problem if you publish Crowfall on gog.com with CD Projekt as partner, or Paradox Interactive.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Todd

ACE

This is what does make this dev team different. That's a great and direct response. So long as ACE commits to launching PC first, I think we will be okay.

By then there will be paying customers with an active product to gripe loudly if any compromises to the PC experience are made for consoles.

Todd

ACE

Your Shaolin PR skills are well honed I see. No idea how you keep your cool so well, every time.

.9e21bbb82d4f542e8ac201a1298c2305.jpg

I've read JTodd's response, but still I think the awkward combat setup would definitely be explained by planning console all along.

Maybe he's lying to us?

seriously doubt it. I see no reason to doubt the man. He hasn't mislead us yet.

But it would be fun to at least have controller support for PC I suppose.

Ive yet to see an MMO that was on a console that wasnt limited in what it can do.

I truely hope that its not a direction this game goes, as they have enough to handle on their plate as it is, so to speak.

Edited by infraction

REQT