Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

International plans - Official discussion thread

I say this genuinely:  It still surprises me how some people don't have the stomach to see how the sausage gets made.  To me, this is great stuff.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I highly value this:

I only mentioned it because I said that I would keep you informed.

I know what it's like to suffer a barrage of irrational criticism.  There's a wearying temptation to clam up and walk away.  Thanks for keeping the communication lines open!

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The first time console came up was in December, when we were contacted, unexpectedly, by a company interested in the rights.  That conversation didn't lead anywhere.  It has come up a few times since

s

I say this genuinely:  It still surprises me how some people don't have the stomach to see how the sausage gets made.  To me, this is great stuff.   Maybe I'm in the minority, but I highly value thi

The lines of communication are critical.... and sometimes that goes both ways.  If JTodd did not make the representation that console ports (and mechanics changes to allow for console porting) will occur after the PC launch, the community would rightly be up in arms.

A half-assed, watered down, console enabled MMO is a recipe of a poorly made socks game.  (Parenthetically, I question that ESO is a successful console enabled MMO... the game had to go F2P to survive.)

I am glad JTodd is acting as a good stewards of our investment and his vision.

Edited by angelmar

Maybe he's lying to us?

seriously doubt it. I see no reason to doubt the man. He hasn't mislead us yet.

But it would be fun to at least have controller support for PC I suppose.

I'm not one to give mouth service to JTodd, but I wouldn't ever call him a liar. If the combat system is so poor it can be executed on an xbox controller, it's just coincidence.

I've read JTodd's response, but still I think the awkward combat setup would definitely be explained by planning console all along.

I'm not one to give mouth service to JTodd, but I wouldn't ever call him a liar. If the combat system is so poor it can be executed on an xbox controller, it's just coincidence.

It sure sounds like you do to me though. 

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I think we should try consoles...

I mean we don't know how it'll work out, because we haven't tried it... right guys?

Sums up my thoughts on Crowfall being designed around being on consoles.

VDfwRxT.jpg

The possibility to port the game on consoles was one of the first things they mentioned in the FAQ back in February 2015 if I'm correct.

General FAQ: 3. WHAT PLATFORM IS CROWFALL FOR? 

Crowfall is initially a game for Windows PCs. As for other platforms:

We expect that if a Macintosh has Windows compatibility and a 3D Graphics card it will work. We are not planning a native client at this time. Other OS variants such are Linux are not being considered at this time.

Realistically, as a small company with a game for a relatively small audience, we won’t be able to afford to support multi-platform clients.

Console is not completely out of the realm of possibility, but it is not a current priority, and would require separate funding.

I say this genuinely:  It still surprises me how some people don't have the stomach to see how the sausage gets made.  To me, this is great stuff.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I highly value this:

I know what it's like to suffer a barrage of irrational criticism.  There's a wearying temptation to clam up and walk away.  Thanks for keeping the communication lines open!

Laws, like sausages, cease to inspire respect in proportion as we know how they are made. - John Godfrey Saxe

Seems we can add game development to the law in this regard.

It sure sounds like you do to me though. 

I'm sorry, did you have something to contribute? There's been a significant absence on these forums (the not-baller forums) of most major people we see in videos for quite a while with the exception of Pann and Blair. Contrary to what the White Knights think, JTodd isn't God and he can't be every where at once.

That looked to be exactly what you were doing to me. He very clearly said a thing. Twice. Then you suggested otherwise.

Just calling it as I see it. And that's how I see it. I also find it interesting that Fenris is the singular "like" on that post.

That looked to be exactly what you were doing to me. He very clearly said a thing. Twice. Then you suggested otherwise.

Just calling it as I see it. And that's how I see it. I also find it interesting that Fenris is the singular "like" on that post.

I find it interesting that you joined the ranks of White Knights despite being absent for the majority of development. VN leading Winterblades these days?

Disagreeing with someone's statement doesn't mean you have to call them a liar. I thought you people supported positive feedback? Why does your kind always resort to name calling? Tsk tsk. Give Canth a love tap for me while you're back there.

Sums up my thoughts on Crowfall being designed around being on consoles.

VDfwRxT.jpg

Dude, that was a troll post. 

He's facetiously suggesting that the idea that we - as testers - should, you know, test things before giving feedback should extend not only to the ideas the devs actually come up with, but also to ideas they explicitly reject for the purpose of marginalizing the concept of testing as a foundation for opinions.

Which is ridiculous, but hey, whatevs.

Edited by coolwaters

Disagreeing with someone's statement doesn't mean you have to call them a liar. I thought you people supported positive feedback? Why does your kind always resort to name calling? Tsk tsk. Give Canth a love tap for me while you're back there.

In this instance that's exactly what it means. Read it again.

edit: to head your next BS post off at the pass: where a game developer says "we do not intend X" and you say "I don't really believe that," ya, you're calling them a liar.

I find it interesting that you joined the ranks of White Knights despite being absent for the majority of development. VN leading Winterblades these days?

At least you capitalized the name of whatever group you have assigned me to based on my ability to actually read and comprehend what you type. In other news, the idea that I've ever been absent here is fairly funny to me. You talk a lot. Grats on that. Maybe that's why people don't listen?

Edited by coolwaters

In this instance that's exactly what it means. Read it again.

edit: to head your next BS post off at the pass: where a game developer says "we do not intend X" and you say "I don't really believe that," ya, you're calling them a liar.

At least you capitalized the name of whatever group you have assigned me to based on my ability to actually read and comprehend what you type. In other news, the idea that I've ever been absent here is fairly funny to me. You talk a lot. Grats on that. Maybe that's why people don't listen?

nice meltdown

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

If you think my pulse has broken 50, you don't know me.

you really need to calm down, sheesh

its not very adorable to have a fukushima level meltdown over some joke posts about consoles and amiibos

headlight made some valid points and you're jumping down his throat because you cant handle some dumb words on the internet, no matter how blunt it is

you see, youve forgotten to factor in one thing that i know that is your biggest flaw in literally 4 words that youve conveyed to me

why would i know you? I dont want to.

The validation you seek is in the wrong place, and is inappropriate for this thread as its clearly taken a sharp turn from some funny posting to some really cringeworthy territory here and i almost feel embarrassed for you to have indulged you in this chest thumping

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

you really need to calm down, sheesh

its not very adorable to have a fukushima level meltdown over some joke posts about consoles and amiibos

headlight made some valid points and you're jumping down his throat because you cant handle some dumb words on the internet, no matter how blunt it is

you see, youve forgotten to factor in one thing that i know that is your biggest flaw in literally 4 words that youve conveyed to me

why would i know you? I dont want to.

The validation you seek is in the wrong place, and is inappropriate for this thread as its clearly taken a sharp turn from some funny posting to some really cringeworthy territory here and i almost feel embarrassed for you to have indulged you in this chest thumping

Again, I am not excited in the least.

I am, however, speaking my mind. I'm sorry if you took my words in an unintended manner or in some way directed at you m'lady. They were not intended for you nor intended to offend your delicate sensibilities.

I am interested in which "valid point" of Headlight's you feel I have marginalized. The only one I commented on was the one where JTodd said:

Your original contention, that console plans are secretly driving design decisions for the PC version, is incorrect.

and then Headlight said:

I've read JTodd's response, but still I think the awkward combat setup would definitely be explained by planning console all along.

Is that the "valid point" you are referring to or did I reply to something else in my sleep?

Edited by coolwaters

Again, I am not excited in the least.

I am, however, speaking my mind. I'm sorry if you took my words in an unintended manner or in some way directed at you m'lady. They were not intended for you nor intended to offend your delicate sensibilities.

emot-yikes.gif

yikes dude, delicate? because im a girl wow~

just yikes lmbo what is wrong with you

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

emot-yikes.gif

yikes dude, delicate? because im a girl wow~

just yikes lmbo what is wrong with you

Not at all maam. Any perceived misogyny, I assure, is an error in your perception.

Delicate because you fear for my hypertension in light of what I consider to be fairly tame back and forth. It matters not whether you are really a boy or a girl.