Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

International plans - Official discussion thread

Separating them into different universes is one of the things we’ll have to discuss.

I rather see the opposite. US and EU should be the same universe and separation is the last thing we want. That is our ultimate wish.

1. We will come to an agreement with a partner to help bring Crowfall to Europe, launching at the same time as North America.
  2. This partner will be the most closely aligned with our U.S. launch, so we’ll do the best we can to enable cross-play to the degree it is logistically possible. At this point, though, we can’t make any promises. When you take into account various languages, currencies and legalities, it becomes very complicated.
  1. Can you shed any light which partner you are talking with that can offer a combined universe and release? To be clear, we prefer ACE to publish the game in Europe, not a 3rd party publisher. Unless it's Paradox or CD Project Red I don't want anything to do with other publishers. They have a very bad rep here, for multiple reasons.
  2. That is what we want yes. If there is need for separation then for me personally there doesn't have to be cross-play really, separate universes in both US and EU could work, but only if both are published by ACE (or Paradox, or CD Project Red).
Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Not at all maam. Any perceived misogyny, I assure, is an error in your perception.

Delicate because you fear for my hypertension in light of what I consider to be fairly tame back and forth. It matters not whether you are really a boy or a girl.

you really need to stop shifting your presumptions and backpedalling for whatever foot is in ur mouth. speaking of backpedalling, lets not derail this thread and backpedal with this question

now what amiibo do you want to see for crowfall?

u may reply after uve calmed down and stopped blaming people for your shortcomings, and that means headlight too thanks in advance

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

you really need to stop shifting your presumptions and backpedalling for whatever foot is in ur mouth. speaking of backpedalling, lets not derail this thread and backpedal with this question

now what amiibo do you want to see for crowfall?

u may reply after uve calmed down and stopped blaming people for your shortcomings, and that means headlight too thanks in advance

You have successfully confused me.

I have to assume the one I quoted was indeed the "valid point" you believe Headlight made then, as you failed to respond to my question. I disagree that was a valid point. I read it as him just telling a dev he doesn't believe him.

I'm sorry you're offended by that obvious reality.

You have successfully confused me.

I have to assume the one I quoted was indeed the "valid point" you believe Headlight made then, as you failed to respond to my question. I disagree that was a valid point. I read it as him just telling a dev he doesn't believe him.

I'm sorry you're offended by that obvious reality.

what amiibo tho??

if ur finished rambling that is

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Darlin', if I knew how to answer that question I promise you I would. :/

Please don't call me darling, its really gross thanks

just pick an archetype hth

see, even when you backpedal and twist the sexist gambit about delicate sensibilities, you subconsciously went and did it lmbo like okay i get it but pick the amiibo thanks friend

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I rather see the opposite. US and EU should be the same universe and separation is the last thing we want. That is our ultimate wish.

1. Can you shed any light which partner you are talking with that can offer a combined universe and release? To be clear, we prefer ACE to publish the game in Europe, not a 3rd party publisher. Unless it's Paradox or CD Project Red I don't want anything to do with other publishers. They have a very bad rep here, for multiple reasons.
  2. That is what we want yes. If there is need for separation then for me personally there doesn't have to be cross-play really, separate universes in both US and EU could work, but only if both are published by ACE (or Paradox, or CD Project Red).

You want one or both regions to suffer from horrible PING? Where would you put the game servers if they are making them all one big universe? This doesn't really matter in EK, but for CW where PvP is suppose to be the main thing and you can't play with 200+PING IMO.  Ping to EU from west coast is like 300. EU ping to north America is likely 300, I don't know anyone that likes to play with PING like that. Hell ping of 100 is horrible IMO,

Edited by YouTubejasonwivart

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

You want one or both regions to suffer from horrible PING? Where would you put the game servers if they are making them all one big universe? This doesn't really matter in EK, but for CW where PvP is suppose to be the main thing and you can't play with 200+PING IMO.  Ping to EU from west coast is like 300. EU ping to north America is likely 300, I don't know anyone that likes to play with PING like that. Hell ping of 100 is horrible IMO,

Did you read the article? The quote:

What do you mean by a Crowfall Universe?

Basically, it’s a separate instance of the MMO. At a minimum, it will have a different set of servers, which equates to separate eternal kingdoms and campaign worlds.

So this one universe they are talking about can consist of both US and EU server locations.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Please don't call me darling, its really gross thanks

just pick an archetype hth

see, even when you backpedal and twist the sexist gambit about delicate sensibilities, you subconsciously went and did it lmbo like okay i get it but pick the amiibo thanks friend

I still don't know what any of that means, but ... Confessor?

It would be nice if it was one universe and next to the Campaigns it just showed where the server was located and your ping.

Whos knows about the legal mumbojumbo tho

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

East coast server and EU/NA crossplay is easy.

Except that's not really fair to those not on the East Coast. West Coast players would get terrible latency, although probably comparable to much of what Europe could get (especially with WTFast). But those of us near the servers would get far better ping and in action combat games, ping means more than it does in others. Of course no location is perfect, but traditionally central locations like Chicago are the most fair to the most amount of players in NA. 

The first time console came up was in December, when we were contacted, unexpectedly, by a company interested in the rights.  That conversation didn't lead anywhere.  It has come up a few times since as we have engaged with potential partners about foreign rights.  Historically, MMOs haven't worked on console, so platform didn't seem worth thinking about.  

Everything I said in the prior post is still true: we don't have a plan for console or resources for console.  We've had some conversations with potential partners, but that's it.  I only mentioned it because I said that I would keep you informed.

That said, if we are given an opportunity to license the game to console, and it looks like a good business decision, we will do it.  But it would require a porting effort, it would force us to redo most of the UI, and it would have to come after PC launch.  

Your original contention, that console plans are secretly driving design decisions for the PC version, is incorrect.

Todd

ACE

Honestly I think console would be a good idea. It's a huge market that can bring in necessary and easy dollars to keep this game going. I play ESO on PC and don't think it's been affected by consoles. Anybody who actually gets in there can see it's fun. As long as you keep polishing combat you'll be fine. I am personally not picky in terms of UI's however so I don't have opinions either way on that. I do think - as much as I love the idea of consoles and PC players on the same servers for personal reasons, that given the action combat nature you'd need to have separate servers. But I encourage you to give console ports a serious thought and don't let the minority superfans here deter you from that. There's quite a lot to gain towards the long term health of Crowfall and that would at the end of the day benefit PC players as well since they'd reap the benefits of an ACE that's better equipped to keep the game updated.

Edited by Leiloni

I've read JTodd's response, but still I think the awkward combat setup would definitely be explained by planning console all along.

If you've never played a PC MMO with awkward combat then you need to get out more.

The lines of communication are critical.... and sometimes that goes both ways.  If JTodd did not make the representation that console ports (and mechanics changes to allow for console porting) will occur after the PC launch, the community would rightly be up in arms.

A half-assed, watered down, console enabled MMO is a recipe of a poorly made socks game.  (Parenthetically, I question that ESO is a successful console enabled MMO... the game had to go F2P to survive.)

I am glad JTodd is acting as a good stewards of our investment and his vision.

Just a correction, ESO went B2P with an optional subscription, frequent paid DLC content, and a minimal cash shop. It's very much a paid MMO, has one of the best payment models out there, and is making a killing off of a massive console population. Console players play - and pay for - MMO's in huge numbers. ESO also went B2P months before ever releasing on consoles.

I'm not one to give mouth service to JTodd, but I wouldn't ever call him a liar. If the combat system is so poor it can be executed on an xbox controller, it's just coincidence.

TERA and Black Desert can both be played on controllers. Those are two games that many here tout as good examples of action combat. I'm sure there are more, but controller support for MMORPG's is a pretty common idea nowadays that doesn't need to affect combat at all.

Edited by Leiloni

I think that 200-250ms in Crowfall isn't that bad and even at 300ms it may not be dramatic.

Most of the archetype deals damage in cone or AoE, with the projectiles of the Confessor being huge and dealing splash damage.

The only potential issue could be the Ranger first and second powers, but even then I think it would be acceptable at 250ms.

I rofled reading lastgirl / coolwaters discussion.  :lol:

I think that 200-250ms in Crowfall isn't that bad and even at 300ms it may not be dramatic.

Most of the archetype deals damage in cone or AoE, with the projectiles of the Confessor being huge and dealing splash damage.

The only potential issue could be the Ranger first and second powers, but even then I think it would be acceptable at 250ms.

I rofled reading lastgirl / coolwaters discussion.  :lol:

When you start playing frequently against players with 50 ping to your 250, you'll notice it quite a bit and then you'll start to wish you didn't have such a handicap. If everyone else has the same bad or unreliable ping, yea it won't feel so bad. That's true of any game.

But I don't honestly think you will ever need to suffer that much ping. I was able to play Black Desert KR with 180 ping using WTFast from Philadelphia (down from around 250 normally). That's a far longer distance than from here to even Eastern Europe, so I'd expect you can get easily in the 100's to an NA server if it came down to that (once optimization is done, yada yada. Right now in early testing, I don't expect you to get that sort of ping).

Edited by Leiloni

Except that's not really fair to those not on the East Coast. West Coast players would get terrible latency, although probably comparable to much of what Europe could get (especially with WTFast). But those of us near the servers would get far better ping and in action combat games, ping means more than it does in others. Of course no location is perfect, but traditionally central locations like Chicago are the most fair to the most amount of players in NA. 

People near the server are always going to have better ping than those not near it... if you are looking for EU NA crossplay that's the only real solution... Anyone on the west coast should still have sub 100 or they need to get better internet. 

I should also add that I don't think AWS has chicago location so GG no re.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

lol wow

lol

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

People near the server are always going to have better ping than those not near it... if you are looking for EU NA crossplay that's the only real solution... Anyone on the west coast should still have sub 100 or they need to get better internet. 

I should also add that I don't think AWS has chicago location so GG no re.

They're using Amazon? I don't really have confidence in that lol. But I think you're right. They have a Northern Virginia location on the East coast. I play Tree of Savior who also uses AWS.

Edited by Leiloni

Sad news for me. I was hoping that players all over the world will be playing in the single Universe, and there will just be servers located in different countries for different Campaigns in order to solve ping issues for distant regions. Well, you guys know better. But just in case you will really need to find a partner in RU/CIS, then PLEASE don't have any business with Mail.ru or GameNet. They ruin games.