Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

JtoddcolemanArtCraft Ent. Creative Director - We've had a lot of talk about moving this guy from "forgemaster" over to "battlerager", as we don't want force every crafter in the game to be a dwarf. the thought is to move the crafting skills and recipes out of the archetypes and into disciplines. I'm also a big fan of dwarven warriors (playing one now in a 5e game) and I think we could make it fit the narrative really well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4i09af/crowfallartcraft_ama_with_ace_founders_coleman/d2tw68z

I think this is pretty encouraging news. Especially so knowing I am playing in a Dwarf central guild as our biggest fear is we would be even more handicapped if the Forgemaster was the best crafter with limited combat usefulness. 

Discuss ? 

Also WAR BEARS !!! 

e1bdb6978663e7014af4a8a6ec3eb5eb.jpg

Edited by barab

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

Awwww yeah! Im ok with a name change since i always forget forgemaster name. Plus it kinda denotes crafter

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

I agree the Forgemaster should not be pigeon-holed as the default crafting archetype. I don't think the name needs to change, though.

I see the title "Forgemaster" as a cultural title among the Stoneborn, not a literal statement that they are primarily crafters.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

I agree the Forgemaster should not be pigeon-holed as the default crafting archetype. I don't think the name needs to change, though.

I see the title "Forgemaster" as a cultural title among the Stoneborn, not a literal statement that they are primarily crafters.

Maybe a warrior type that can buff their weapons and/or armor in something that resembles crafting, but is class specific.   

My dream archetype, just whipped out of my head, would be something like this 

Main Archetype- 2hd hammer or 2hd axe DPS 1 tray / 1 tray group support based on some type of fire like essence

1 Promotion class that breaks group support into more of a healing role

1 Promotion class that breaks dps into more of a axe/hammer and board tank meat shield role

1 Promotion class that breaks dps into a range dps class.  

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

I do not see any benefits of making a single archetype better at crafting.  Archetype choices (given their separation in training from crafting/exploring/combat) are separated from crafting choices.  I would be very surprised if there is a solid rationale for making an archetype better at crafting.  

All abilities associated with archetypes and promotion classes should be combat-based only, IMO.  Crafting is a play-style choice not a character choice.

P.S. @JTColeman, if you want to join MWH, you're more than welcome and our Austin members will pick up your Dwarven bar-tab.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

My favorite Dwarf is Tolkien-esque (not the damn Hobbit movies, that's not Tolkien, that's Peter Jackson losing his mind): expertly crafted yet simple mail, formidable axe that my father's father wielded, colorful hood and cloak, long beard--forked, plated and tucked under an ornate belt.  My second favorite is the Old World Warhammer Troll Slayer.  Either of these used as a thematic template, in part or in combination, for the Forgemaster/Battlerager would be truly epic. 

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

I would like the Forgemaster to keep its name, maybe Battle Rager could be a promotion. With the lure they have, that as their moniker makes more sense.

For their powers, I'd like to see earth magic with CC and support: make the ground muddy to slow enemies, AOE sandstorm that prevents healing (take that you tree-hugging druids), summon a destructible stone wall to act as a temporary barricade (smash it to do cone damage), sling mud to blind, hurl stone with a high chance to daze, and for pure damage dealing, whip out, not a war hammer, but a forge hammer big enough to impress the Champion.

the old kickstarter footage shows the dwarf in action... Its all placeholder but one thing it shows is a roll where theyre bunched up. Kinda looks like a bowling ball.

I think it would be cool if their R click was a hold/channel that drains stamina, while active you roll around like a bowling ball, knocking people around and taking reduced damage.

MOkvLlm.png

the old kickstarter footage shows the dwarf in action... Its all placeholder but one thing it shows is a roll where theyre bunched up. Kinda looks like a bowling ball.

I think it would be cool if their R click was a hold/channel that drains stamina, while active you roll around like a bowling ball, knocking people around and taking reduced damage.

oh dear. you made me google "dwarf bowling".

SFW just stupid:

this is a 'sport'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf-tossing

V6AfvB0.gif

aaand the wolf of wall street:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQlgrw31St0

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Getting away from a more forced crafting theme is nice.

Although I am hoping for a bit of diversity in styles. Dwarves tend to get shoe horned into 2h melee, or S&B, I am hoping we have the option to go ranged as well. 

A core mechanic built off of increasing rage / anger is a solid basis for many different play-styles. 

I thought this thread name looked familiar, 8 month necro lol.  I hope the dwarf is the next one to be released, looking forward to see what they do with him.