Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Look: Druid powers & UI - Official discussion thread

Been hitting refresh every few minutes for a while now!

Now that I've read it:

Nature’s Avatar - Multiple Druids on one target possible? (Does it stack?)  It's hold down the hotkey, not choose the power then hold left click?  (Guess I'll see how it feels once it's in SP)

Gaea's Wail - Somehow I imagine this going like so: "I want to shoot a bear" "Do you hate bears?" "No, like out of a cannon"

Blight - But the orbs can't be seen by enemies, right?  So this is a way to use it like a stealthy trap, I guess?  Hopefully not terribly punishing since you can't reasonably see it coming? (for now)

Wow, this one sounds very fun, also OP - but I guess that comes down to some of the numbers.  If I recall, the champion sounded pretty OP too, at the time.

Doesn't stack, 1 per target. Yes hold 2 key down.

Orbs will shift color from Healing to Purple Blight color and then explode a second later. I'm waiting to see one druid NA a second druid, and then second Druid Blights all her orbs and takes out a pack of melee.  The druid can only blight Orbs they cast btw.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it is great that all of our Archetypes feel different in terms of complexity. As a guy who has done this with multiple development teams, there is often a conflicting goal of making characters

Thanks!   I will be covering the progression of icon design in an upcoming update, but yes, it seems like this direction is the way we are pushing things moving forward. We originally had traditiona

Everything does sound exciting, but I'm most enthused about the ranged Daze.  We've been needing more proper ranged CC that can be used to slow down attackers from just jumping/sprinting/scooting/blin

90% physical damage mitigations for 15 seconds if the Druid goes under 20% health  

wtf ? edit -- i mean lolz...

I will wait to see this in game first but on paper it seems cray cray 

You have to remember that this is while she's in her healing tray, not damage.

If you're healing mid battle you've probably built up some essence already. Now you've dropped below 20% and have your 90% physical mitigation. If you keep healing you'll most likely proc your Essence Burn and die 2 seconds later anyway. So you'd need to swap and fight, losing the mitigation buff, or run and wait for healing of your own.

231e101d88.jpg

I believe they stated that is their goal yes. Like in the Druid pics the Red is damage abilities, green is heal, purple triangle is a stun etc.

I believe they stated yes to general ideas (like you mention, damage, heal, status effect), but I wasn't sure about specific status effects (Suppress and Knockdown clearly looking different)

EDIT: looks like a yes!  Didn't see there was a new page.

Edited by yamix

Sounds like a very cool design!  For a LMB ability, Arcing Lightning is potentially going to be a particularly nasty power (ranged, continual cast, no resource, assuming easy to hit with, chains to 2 others), especially with multiple druids.  It's a total guess, but I think this one will have to be watched closely...   

More importantly, now that she's coming, time to reduce the ambulance burden placed on the poor Legio... right guys? Right? (he said, with a innocent, expectant look that not even the hardest of hearts could deny) 

As my question/answer with dev earlier.

All Death powers are fueled by Life's Essence resource. Including the LMB from the sound of it (as they said it is good essence dump)

and check out what i wrote about Lego's kit...post #49

whats does everyone think of the maths of Essence burn? 

5% hp damage every 3 seconds = Would take you a full 60 seconds to die from 100% hp

Edited by Tinnis

You have to remember that this is while she's in her healing tray, not damage.

If you're healing mid battle you've probably built up some essence already. Now you've dropped below 20% and have your 90% physical mitigation. If you keep healing you'll most likely proc your Essence Burn and die 2 seconds later anyway. So you'd need to swap and fight, losing the mitigation buff, or run and wait for healing of your own.

Well there's also the fact that it's only physical mitigation so she's still open to dying from other sources of damage. It just prevents melee from face smashing a squishy ranged caster easily. Every caster in other games has similar skills because they're at risk of dying more easily and more often.

All Death powers are fueled by Life's Essence resource. Including the LMB from the sound of it (as they said it is good essence dump)

5% hp damage every 3 seconds = Would take you a full 60 seconds to die from 100% hp

Sounds reasonable. The idea is to encourage swapping and that gives the player time to do that and address the whole "I'm dying" problem. Besides the Druid can still be killed by other players while they're trying not to kill themselves lol. If 60 seconds is too much they can always reduce it, but I just foresee, if the time is too short, that players would complain they have to focus too much on how much Essence they have and it becoming an annoying mini game instead of a mechanic to encourage balanced usage of skills. 

Edited by Leiloni

I don't mind the tray swapping, i believe the current system works quite well. The swap mechanic is to facilitate that global cooldown of 1.5 seconds when swapping between healing and attacking one would think, which is fine provided class balance and testing says as much.

However, agree 100% with rebinds, Please allow us to rebind elements as we choose. I quite like using the extra buttons on my mouse for reactive abilities....

92nKl2f.png

Just a little while longer to see if the game actually has low combat healing, and deadly combat.

Good thing there's no friendly fire or heal stealing though, might be difficult to play >.>

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

If DPS uses essence as its resource, then that could make the Druid very interesting to play and limit some of her power--its a good idea (in theory).  If you run out of essence, then you have to go back to healing for a bit if you want to be able to DPS again.  This is an unusual (yet cool) mechanic, although, I really don't know just how that will work.

Since, as you say, Legio is off topic, I will answer briefly with reference to the Druid.  The Druid appears capable of packing both more DPS and healing than the current iteration of the Legio, and has more ability options.  The Legio retains superior mobility and more general freedom to use his fewer ability choices.  With the entrance of the Druid, Legio healing could be toned down a bit and modified to be more focused on buffing/debuffing/CC. This is a step in the right direction, I think. 

I personally would not like to see an additional skill bar for the Legio, though I do think 2 and 4 in particular should be made more interesting.  For example, what if 2 applied a DOT to enemies if they were hit, and the HOT to allies?  What if 4 was a slow channel ability that could be used while moving, and the more powered up it was the more of a debuff and damage it applied?  Just ideas...

Ah the hell with being brief... if ACE could do it all over again, and the Legio had to remain support, he could be a sort of opposite of the Druid.  Meaning that while the druid must support (build up essence) to damage (apparently), the Legio must do damage to support--kind of a melee version of one of the iterations of the WoW Shadow Priest.       

Edited by Regulus

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Amazing new info, guys! I couldn't wait to see Druid before (aiming for it as a main character), but now it's absolutely impossible! Everything is so cool - skills, animations, buffs/debuffs, diversity of playstyle, skill icons, the character model itself... Just great, the only thing I am a little bit afraid of is that everyone will play it now :))

I also hope there will be some ways to increase the Essence pool, maybe through passive skill tree.

Amazing new info, guys! I couldn't wait to see Druid before (aiming for it as a main character), but now it's absolutely impossible! Everything is so cool - skills, animations, buffs/debuffs, diversity of playstyle, skill icons, the character model itself... Just great, the only thing I am a little bit afraid of is that everyone will play it now :))

I also hope there will be some ways to increase the Essence pool, maybe through passive skill tree.

I don't think the Essence pool switching is a big deal. I've played a ton of MMO's as a main healer where I was frequently switching between healing and non healing powers, whether they be support oriented like buffs, debuffs, mana regen, and CC, or pure damaging abilities. There are certainly games where you just heal spam but I know the ones I've played and enjoyed the most were not. So this idea of moving between a variety of skill types the Druid is going for will I think feel very natural for a lot of healers out there.

I don't think the Essence pool switching is a big deal. I've played a ton of MMO's as a main healer where I was frequently switching between healing and non healing powers, whether they be support oriented like buffs, debuffs, mana regen, and CC, or pure damaging abilities. There are certainly games where you just heal spam but I know the ones I've played and enjoyed the most were not. So this idea of moving between a variety of skill types the Druid is going for will I think feel very natural for a lot of healers out there.

The druid combat system here reminds me somewhat of my Archmage from Warhammer Online. Cept that didnt have the "OH CRAP /explode" aspect :D

92nKl2f.png

I think one that on the background of ranger and druid - all other archetypes seem extremely unfinished?
No unique mechanics, no second stances and...Lego with 1 active attacking skill

I understand what you will add skills later as skill trees, advanced archetypes and other, but still, before release new - finish current imo

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

As long as the Druid is depressing the left mouse button, they are shooting lightning in front of them

Depressing? Click -> do nothing while shooting lightning -> click to cancel it?

Or are they just crazy and making even your mouse fall into depression? :P

If DPS uses essence as its resource, then that could make the Druid very interesting to play and limit some her power--its a good idea (in theory).  If you run out of essence, then you have to go back to healing for a bit if you want to be able to DPS again.  This is an unusual (yet cool) mechanic, although, I really don't know just how that will work.

Since, as you say, Legio is off topic, I will answer briefly with reference to the Druid.  The Druid appears capable of packing both more DPS and healing than the current iteration of the Legio, and has more ability options.  The Legio retains superior mobility and more general freedom to use his fewer ability choices.  With the entrance of the Druid, Legio healing could be toned down a bit and modified to be more focused on buffing/debuffing/CC. This is a step in the right direction, I think. 

I personally would not like to see an additional skill bar for the Legio, though I do think 2 and 4 in particular should be made more interesting.  For example, what if 2 applied a DOT to enemies if they were hit, and the DOT to allies?  What if 4 was a slow channel ability that could be used while moving, and the more powered up it was the more of a debuff and damage it applied?  Just ideas...

Ah the hell with briefly... if ACE could do it all over again, and the Legio had to remain support, he could be a sort of opposite of the Druid.  Meaning that while the druid must support (build up essence) to damage (apparently), the Legio must do damage to support--kind of a melee version of one of the iterations of the WoW Shadow Priest.       

especially as rage has now basically just turned into a slow healer mana regen....passive regen and pressing rage ~25 seconds too.

losing his interesting resource angle...

and its more that the druids buffing and debuff options are far more interesting and impactful effects that what the lego gets [boring small -/+ stat changes]

his healing options are also boring with no aiming skill required, yes bellow included.

[e.g. lego has most boring and hard to read the impact passive in the game...]

Edited by Tinnis