Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eren

Pascal is here

I put a 970 in my current gaming machine, but the model I got is ridiculously loud, so I will be looking for a 1080 before Crowfall goes retail.  I will just need to look for a water cooled version or something equally quiet.

The performance on the 1080 is staggeringly good.

I thought they were going to use HBM 2.0. Guess that the ti version

Yeah , Pascal Titan certainly will have HBM2 , 1080ti is very-very likely to have it aswell

2.1ghz overclock on stock cooler @ 67degrees wtf

If it's true that GTX 1080 can do 4k/60fps (max settings) @120hz monitor no frames drop at any game then this beast can be a treasure.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

4 versions being released including a 2.5GHz water cooled one...

I'll be picking up a water cooled version probably in July or August after the initial buying wave passes and the vendors have time to get their offerings in order.  I like my GTX970 but it's too damned loud.  I want a quiet one.  A 1080 is overkill for Crowfall but what the hell - just means I won't need to upgrade for a few years.

The 1070 looks like an incredible performance/value card. It can seemingly beat the Titan for a fraction of the price. Aftermarkets will ramp that up pretty quickly with better cooling. As much as I'd love to spend $600 on a graphics card, $400 is the highest I'd be willing to go. Not sure you really need to go any higher unless you've got a 4k monitor or are planning on VR stuff.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

1070 performs great... one thing about the 1070 and 1080 though is they are bottlenecked by pretty much any CPU on the market at anything below 1440p... If you are just going for 1080p go with a 970 or something because you won't get the bang for buck from the 1070 or 1080 at 1080p.

If you are one of those gamers that likes playing on really high resolution the 1070 and 1080 are great. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I was so disappointed with "1080" to be honest

I had some hope it will reach Ultra settings  4k@60fps+ to any game pushing limits out there..

It can be possible in few years, hopefully sooner then later.

Going see 1080TI or "new titan" performances when it comes out

Cheers!

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Titan P rumored to be in the works and rumored to be announced in Aug - 50% increase in performance vs a 1080 + HBM2.

Hopefully the 1080 Ti will be announced around the same time.

edit: guess I should just link it out: Link

-fuzz

Edited by fuzz

MC5A65T.jpg

#donteventrip [det] - 1.2 counter-strike OG - SugoiAnime-Planet stats

The 1070 looks like an incredible performance/value card. It can seemingly beat the Titan for a fraction of the price. Aftermarkets will ramp that up pretty quickly with better cooling. As much as I'd love to spend $600 on a graphics card, $400 is the highest I'd be willing to go. Not sure you really need to go any higher unless you've got a 4k monitor or are planning on VR stuff.

I bought the 780TI at the time thinking to buy the best and then last long with it but I come back from that.

Nvidia dropped the 700 series quite fast when the 900 came out and now they have already dropped the 900 series support, they are now legacy cards so they will enjoy "general" improvements and optimisation. This will be less then specific optimisation can do so...

My plan is now to buy more mid range and just update every 2 year to enjoy the new advances and technology.

Might as well drop Nvidia if Vega is decent. Nvidia founders edition, the 970 "4gb" nonsense and blaming ashes of the singularity for coding their game towards AMD cards. Even though the only GPU specific code was for Nvidia. Meanwhile almost all gamework titles run badly on AMD... it's just rubbing me the wrong way.