Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Critical Mass - the EK experience

Hey everyone, Mazon here.  I'm new to the forums, but not new to the concepts of Crowfall or games with asset destruction that also require crafting/industry to provide the backbone for a war machine.

My interest here today is to see if anyone here is intersted in the crafting aspect in the Eternal Kingdoms, without the necessity of being a part of a guild.

I took a look through the crafting master list, but out of that list I couldn't gauge who was going to be focusing on EK crafting, vs crafting in the campaigns.

If anyone here that is looking forward to the EK part of crafting, and you would like to chat, hit me up through a PM or post here.  My plan is to build a merchant city.

I know something like this will happen, so best of luck!  I would love to go "shopping" in a player build and ran merchant EK.  Though I will say, in my opinion, the most valued and sought after players in all of CF will be campaign based crafters of skill.  They will simply be invaluable and therefore wield a great deal of power. 

So, for you MMO crafters out there--CF is your chance to do what you enjoy while finally stepping out of the shadows.  Heck, I may even try it, and I usually hate crafting. 

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Creating a regular supply of resources will not be easy. You may need to find solo-ers and small guilds who play zero-import campaigns and don't mind giving up their loot. Alternately, you can buy buildings to hold relics and artifacts for players and guilds in exchange for their loot. Solo crafting will take a lot of politicking.

It's worth nothing that the first "export" from a campaign will probably take place 2-4 months after the game goes live.

Folks who want to craft in the EK's might be able to get some practice doing very basic recipes and the like using mats gathered locally, but I expect that all the "fun" stuff will be happening within the campaigns.

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

It's worth nothing that the first "export" from a campaign will probably take place 2-4 months after the game goes live.

Folks who want to craft in the EK's might be able to get some practice doing very basic recipes and the like using mats gathered locally, but I expect that all the "fun" stuff will be happening within the campaigns.

This plays into another thread here in the forums, and how to make EK's important or viable.  The more I get into comparisons with other games, I feel like we need the EKs to the be the PvE area, and the campaigns are the PvP areas.  If I was to think as a developer I would be using the EKs as a place that every person can have a safe place; which helps to draw in a non-hardcore PvP player.  Then the campaigns are the hardcore PvP areas.

Taken in the light above, CF could be like EvE, where the EKs are comparable to hi-sec/1.0 space in EvE, God's reach campaign would be like lowsec space, and the dregs/shadow would be like 0.0.  I believe we need to be using the EKs as a vital role in the game, not just an add-on.

The more I dwell on the subject, I find myself saying, just make the different bands be like EvEs 0.0-1.0, and allow our crows to leave the campaigns at any time, or join at any time and our vessels more often than at start or finish.  Then I would put a limit on how often vessels can leave/enter similar to jump clones in EvE.

Still if anyone else out there would like to be part of building a merchant city, please contact me.

They have noted the ability to slot monster and animal spawns into your EK as a consumable item. Most likely these spawners will be crafted via rare campaign materials or real money transactions. That being said, the animals and monsters are very low drop rate and only contain low level resources. More than likely, instead of farming this type of camp, EK merchant style players will need to trade for what they need to profit. Your bread and butter will be buying bulk materials and then adding value through crafting.

This will be a slower process of growth than CW crafters and you will have the added disadvantage of having to wait for the initial launch CWs to end. On top of that, you'll be competing for materials with many other crafters so you'll most likely need to make lossy trades involving VIP tokens or some other form of currency to win early suppliers. Once you get going, your profits will increase by a relatively flat percentage based on whatever margins you're negotiating. The slower you grow, the more business you will generate ( low margins will contribute to high visibility). In the long run, you will probably never be able to compete with CW crafters but, you'll also be putting in much less personal effort. This business model is ideal for people who want to form strip mall style EKs that deal with high volume, low value goods. Of course, how well you make connections will decide if you're going to be a Walmart or a dollar store.

My interest here today is to see if anyone here is intersted in the crafting aspect in the Eternal Kingdoms, without the necessity of being a part of a guild.

At this point very little is known in my opinion, as to what will be possible, how much time it will take, and how viable it will be.

Regardless, I 'speculate' it will be quite hard solo, personally I'd be very interested in creating a guild to cater to solo players needs,

if something of the kind could intrest you. I'm not the most social player either, that doesn't mean we can't try to build some EK to provide the more socially challenged to hang out and enjoy the game, even though it doesn't sound very viable so far...

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

-a very satisfied customer-

• 4 weeks later...

Everything is possible though.

Back in UO with all the competing players going for resources in the same places, we could still find merchant cities (or infamously called walmarts) which were a collection of public buildings with player merchants inside of them.  Back in UO all you had to do was friend someone to the house and they could place their merchants, didn't have to join their guild for it.

As others have said, it may become a bit slower to reach that point than being a crafter in a guild supporting it's crafters, but it is doable and probably more so for someone with off hours schedules.

The most ambitious crafters will be active in both CWs and EKs. Finding recipes, gaining notoriety, and putting resources in their personal embargo. From what we know so far we can join up to three CWs. Thus playing in three different rings could yield the most diverse resources and expand your personal brand. At the same time farming in the EK and crafting basic consumable goods to place on vendors.

After the first CWs end there will be the first big wave of new resources flooding the market Luke no other time in the game. Establishing yourself inside and out of the CWs will be essential.

Edited by Keaggan

Since we can freely travel between one designated CW and EKs, there really is no reason not to play in a campaign and also keep a shop in an EK.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Since devs not make any explanation about winning a campaign we cant know that. I am not supporting to only time based campaigns. Because after winner is defined it will not worth to play probably, there should be some alternative wining conditions. Ok it can take 6 months to finish a campaign but it also end when winner did some conditions. On the other hand,as a other option, time can pass faster if there is a winner.

Edited by Chaqaron

• 2 weeks later...

I think the the EK side of crafting/trading will be close to as important as the campaign one. I am aiming to be a major campaigncrafter for my clan, but I will also try to put focus into making my clans EK a major trading hub. Time will tell if I can make it on "both worlds". As of now we have far to little info about the crafting/trading systems to make anything but guesses.

-: Crows before Hoes, Bros :-