Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zyber

What is everyone's favorite MMO they have played?

I couldn't tell you my favorite MMORPG, but I can tell you the ones I enjoyed the most relative to one another.  Sometimes it has a lot to do with the people you happen to be playing with and the relationships you form.  I wouldn't probably play the games I enjoyed back then now. 

I can't convince some of my friends to play PvP games, so it always takes away a little bit of the fun that could have been.  If I could have convinced them, I know AA, UO and Shadowbane would be higher on the list.     

10. AA (solo with some small guild)

9. Wildstar (small group)

8. AC (duo)

7. WAR (small group)

6. EQ (duo)

5. UO (solo)

4. AO (duo)

3. Shadowbane (some solo, some medium guild)

2. Vanilla WoW (medium to large guild)

1. Early SWG (small group)

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Star Wars Galaxies, as my avatar will attest.  Anyone who played it knew where the (sometimes major) problems were, but from a crafting, economic, and social game, it was second to none.  I was a dedicated weaponsmith, and the resourcing to crafting to market game was wholly unique in a way that hadn't been done before (or since).  The many aspects of your business would combine in such a way that you'd *really* build the fame and recognition that you may have heard ACE talk about in their videos.  My bowcasters were known far and wide!  The intricacies of the item stats system really gave you that drive to find the next improvement, even if it meant inching out the next .2%.  The player-made item creation and *vast* customization options were amazing.  The town building and housing (and subsequent decorating) were phenomenal.  You really had the ultimate freedom to design the interior of your living space in any way you saw fit.   /move forward 3, anyone?

I was already interested in Crowfall when I saw the kickstarter, but the reason I actually pledged was because of all the ex-SWG talent on the team.  Many thanks to Tyrant, Blair, and Raph (and anyone I don't know about at ACE) for being involved with Star Wars Galaxies, and here's hoping we'll capture a little bit of that magic in Crowfall.

My top 3, in the order I played them:  Asheron's Call, Shadowbane, WoW.  AC was my first MMO, and the skill system was great.  SB was hugely fun in beta, but sucked in retail.  WoW was beautifully polished and had amazing content.

It is Shadowbane, beyond a doubt.  I had played UO before that, and tried out EQ1.  Nothing captured my spirit the way SB did though; with the complete freedom of being able to kill guildies, the character system, and the ability to create player made cities, and then siege over them.

To this day, nothing else has come close in the fantasy genre.  EvE online comes close but is space based.  Every other game I play, fails to deliver the open world experience I had in SB.

Lots of Shadowbane, I need to check this game out. Lol

Shadowbane is free but emulated since it closed in '09(?).

www.magicbane.com

There's another emulator, but they've went their own direction with changes galore and their population is mostly asian.

But, I will say the game is difficult to solo and GL trying a really old game. But it's JTodd's first MMO, so....there's your motivation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smfQellZ_Iw

Could provide a million  youtube videos, but most of them you need perspective of the game to see that people aren't just all afk surrounded by particle effects.

My all time favorite MMO was UO. Guild of Friends Great Lakes server Cerca 1998-2001. 
Space MMO would have to be EVE online.
FPSMMO is Planetside franchise. 

Blackfire1's New Players Guide to Beta Testing
*This message was delivered by a lowly minion. Please return minion back to sender in original condition. Minion is expensive to replace. Minion is not a cup holder. Please do not stick minion into a blender or microwave. Minion inc. is not responsible for damages to said kitchen appliance(s). Do not Pass go with Minion. Do not give Minion $200.00. Thank You.*

Guild of Friends Great Lakes server Cerca 1998-2001. 

I was Seer Pann on Great Lakes. I wonder if I ever killed you with an ancient lich or whatnot. ;) 

I loved UO, too. I loved how open-ended it was. Like Tink says in Hook, "We could do everything or nothing." If I wanted to kill people, I'd pour a rum & Coke, put on some AC/DC, log into my dread character and have at it. Quiet nights, craft stuff and tend to my vendors. It truly was a virtual world. 

I like WoW, too. For what it is, it's a good bit of fun for a while but I eventually got bored with staying on the rails. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I was Seer Pann on Great Lakes. I wonder if I ever killed you with an ancient lich or whatnot. ;)

I loved UO, too. I loved how open-ended it was. Like Tink says in Hook, "We could do everything or nothing." If I wanted to kill people, I'd pour a rum & Coke, put on some AC/DC, log into my dread character and have at it. Quiet nights, craft stuff and tend to my vendors. It truly was a virtual world. 

I like WoW, too. For what it is, it's a good bit of fun for a while but I eventually got bored with staying on the rails. 

I played on Baja, I'm actually surprised that not more people from Texas played there.

phantasy star online owned bones cos i had like a yooge laser boomerang that poorly made socksted on anything that moved

i also had a v cute fonewerl on pso too and a cat mag :kimchi:

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg