Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACE Q&A for May: What’s that smell? - Official discussion thread

Slowfall effects are always a plus in the gameplay ! It adds some 3D strategy, I like it :D

What bothers me the most in this Q&A is about the chat bubbles. I think they are mendatory in an MMO(RPG). It can lighten the chatbox A LOT, as many informations will be tossed in it.
And, it might be a personnal issue, I tend to miss when someone speaks to me, right in front of me, but no bubble to gather my attention.
I was actually waiting for these bubbles soon, even thought many times about making a thread about D:

being able to glide will be a significant advantage for assassins... goodbye free fall damage!

Going to have to be some coordinated suppresses with knock backs lol.

Formerly known as - AmazingTacoBurito

I will say DON'T FORGET THE TUTORIAL.

Countless games have lost subscribers and thus a portion of the player base because they didn't have a tutorial.

I have a feeling Crowfall is going to struggle with this area no matter how much time they spend on a tutorial. Eve Online and other games with a lot of depth have the same problem.

I feel like they're better off designing systems that get new players into guilds ASAP. Having actual people to talk to and help you out will be much better than a tutorial. Also it will get players into the social aspect of the game and hopefully get them invested in learning the game.

I have a feeling Crowfall is going to struggle with this area no matter how much time they spend on a tutorial. Eve Online and other games with a lot of depth have the same problem.

I feel like they're better off designing systems that get new players into guilds ASAP. Having actual people to talk to and help you out will be much better than a tutorial. Also it will get players into the social aspect of the game and hopefully get them invested in learning the game.

They way they've explained it before or the way I'd imagine it, is you drop into your EK and from there....who knows. I agree, Eve Online had a tutorial as well as people helping you through chat and it STILL was a terrible tutorial. Shadowbane never had a tutorial and by the time they considered it, it was just a bunch of bubbles about how the game works. It's terrible trying to get someone new to understand how it works. The same goes for a lot of steam games.

I do hope they have some kind of starter/noob zone that when you finish an initial quest, you go to your EK maybe. Or some kind of social interaction like you stated.

They way they've explained it before...

I recall ACE talking very briefly in an interview about possibly having a short tutorial sequence where you essentially die your first death and swear your fealty to a god before being dropped in the larger game.  I wish I could remember which interview, but... there's just so many...

I recall ACE talking very briefly in an interview about possibly having a short tutorial sequence where you essentially die your first death and swear your fealty to a god before being dropped in the larger game.  I wish I could remember which interview, but... there's just so many...

I remember hearing something like that.

Thematically it would make a lot of sense if the beginning of your career as an immortal Crow started with your mortal death.

IhhQKY6.gif

Will gear or passive training effect the base 5 attributes at all? Or just the derivitates.. Crit chance, crit damage etc.

"Metal Alloys are made from combining various types of ores in the crafting process. Each ore combination produces either a Pure Metal or an Alloy. Pure Metals grant Attributes, while Alloys grant Attributes and Statistics. Ores from all resource tiers are used throughout the entire crafting tree to ensure that no ore becomes obsolete. The amount of combinations gives the player a gigantic palette of options to use when crafting."

From this interview with Blair on mmorpg.com:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1214/feature/9325/Crowfall-Building-Upon-Star-Wars-Galaxies-Crafting.html