Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall symbology - Official discussion thread

I'm assuming the sun and moon refer to arkon and kane, and that there may be some significance to the repeat text on the rim of the circle.  Can't tell for sure if the entire sigil is crossed out (perhaps a negation or intensification, although I lean towards the dot being an intensification for some reason), similar to what's shown on the core language concept, or those just happen to be lines and perhaps they represent seasons, or the symmetry between a day cycle and a year cycle.  The nested circles make me think of the different bands, but probably not related.

In other words, I'm just making poorly made socks up.

Edit:  The bottom left circle makes me think hourglass/Kronos with that inverted triangle.  I wonder if this represents the death of Gaea somehow.

Edited by yamix

I am actually really suprised that the backers aren't upset about you guys working on something like this rather than pushing our core features of the game? This seems like something that is meh

Not everyone does every job - they probably need this kind of stuff now for art reasons, and to make the game more than just the set of mechanics.

Edited by yamix

I am actually really suprised that the backers aren't upset about you guys working on something like this rather than pushing our core features of the game? This seems like something that is meh

This is the sort of depth and detail that really makes a game stand out and feel more interesting. When you play in a game world that actually has some soul to it, it's so much more fun and engaging long term. Compare something like WoW or Elder Scrolls Online, to TERA or Black Desert. The latter are just empty shells. Yea they have great combat, pretty graphics, and some fun mechanics, but it feels empty and boring after a while. Even if all you do is PvP, this "background" stuff like the pantheon, the lore behind the archetypes, and this language, really enhances the experience even when you don't realize it.

I'm assuming the sun and moon refer to arkon and kane, and that there may be some significance to the repeat text on the rim of the circle.  Can't tell for sure if the entire sigil is crossed out (perhaps a negation or intensification, although I lean towards the dot being an intensification for some reason), similar to what's shown on the core language concept, or those just happen to be lines and perhaps they represent seasons, or the symmetry between a day cycle and a year cycle.  The nested circles make me think of the different bands, but probably not related.

In other words, I'm just making poorly made socks up.

Edit:  The bottom left circle makes me think hourglass/Kronos with that inverted triangle.  I wonder if this represents the death of Gaea somehow.

In looking at the example of Creator, Harvest, and Change where there's three versions of each, I have to wonder if they refer to Order, Balance, and Chaos? That's the only thing that comes in threes that I can think of. Meh?

Edit: Also in terms of the sun and moon, I found this and noticed a sun on the left side of the tree and a moon on the right. Don't know how that relates to anything, though.

Crowfall_CrypticTree.jpg

Edited by Leiloni

This is the sort of depth and detail that really makes a game stand out and feel more interesting. When you play in a game world that actually has some soul to it, it's so much more fun and engaging long term. Compare something like WoW or Elder Scrolls Online, to TERA or Black Desert. The latter are just empty shells. Yea they have great combat, pretty graphics, and some fun mechanics, but it feels empty and boring after a while. Even if all you do is PvP, this "background" stuff like the pantheon, the lore behind the archetypes, and this language, really enhances the experience even when you don't realize it.

Sure, maybe it makes it stand out and feel interesting for you but this is not what 90% of the population cares about. You seem to be a dire hard lore fan here but there is a reason there are not standard quests and a lot of NPC dialog in CROWFALL.

People just don't care about it. Combat/Archetypes/Skills/Crafting/Economy/Building kingdoms/CW rules sets these things are core features that should be worked especially after they announce the delay yesterday, then they come out and say hey guys we are working on building our own language that not many of you will care about seems really off.

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

Not only is this one of my favorite updates to-date but, I got so excited about it that I stopped watching hulu mid-show in order to take a closer look at the symbols you provided.

We need more of this!

What would be even better is if cracking codes like this would have some kind of real benefit in the game. Like knowing what time of day the protective runes are weakest. Maybe these protective runes will become the key to opening secret areas or unlocking a special ability. 

Keep it coming!