Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Full Loot Compromise.

The whole "full loot" issue seems to be causing a ton of arguments between those who are moderate, those who want to keep their stuff permanently, and those who support full loot.  I personally think full loot sounds like a fun twist on the game, but I think it would be best to have a compromise.  My idea is to be able to purchase insurance on a given item.  For example, say you have this incredibly rare weapon/armor/ect that you don't want to loose.  Rather than loosing it on death, you can pay a certain amount of gold (or other resource) to "insure" it for the next 24 hours or so. After every death during that time, you fork over an extra fee that can be lootable from your body.  Also, your item's max durability goes down.  This way, there is still incentive not to die, but if you have something you really want to keep, you can do so for a price.  

NOTE: The primary cost and fees differ based on the item.

This idea will probably fall flat, and I get it if you don't like it.  The point of posting it here in the first place is to get feedback, so comment away!

If this idea was already presented somewhere else, sorry!  I'm not intentionally stealing someone else's idea! :)

Edited by bugsy6912
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Insurance is just a bad idea.  It removes the risk.  MMOs today have moved almost completely away from risk/reward, which IMO has been detrimental to the genre.  When there is a risk/reward scenario,

No, this game is not for everyone. Catering to the "carebears" will be the ruin of this game. Too many times have casual players had games changed to cater to their ways, and then they leave because t

i'm fine with full loot, but i think inventory loot is the proper compromise...   ummm...no to "insurance" please...unless offered by a Crafter as a "replacement policy" or whatever they work out (i

No, this game is not for everyone. Catering to the "carebears" will be the ruin of this game. Too many times have casual players had games changed to cater to their ways, and then they leave because they don't like the game. They are called casuals for a reason. The core player base that this game has been catered to are hard core players.

It's play2crush for a reason.

(If I hadn't made it clear, I want full loot and no compromises)

I am 99% sure that Crowfall will have full or almost full loot, because they are developing an advanced crafting system. They WILL have to create market for crafters, because if nobody ever loses items, crafting will be mostly futile.

My prediction is full loot, with items being easy to replace.

Edited by rajah

i'm fine with full loot, but i think inventory loot is the proper compromise...

ummm...no to "insurance" please...unless offered by a Crafter as a "replacement policy" or whatever they work out (i'll give you this much and you make em when i need em)

but yeah...i'm not for artificial systems that aren't required for the World to function as Designed...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I am 99% sure that Crowfall will have full or almost full loot, because they are developing an advanced crafting system. They WILL have to create market for crafters, because if nobody ever loses items, crafting will be mostly futile.

My prediction is full loot, with items being easy to replace.

I don't know.  With the implementation of an advanced crafting system, I would think it would lean more towards a partial loot system.  I believe a gear degredation system is far more likely to be the main cause of equipment to fall out of circulation. 

The whole "full loot" issue seems to be causing a ton of arguments between those who are moderate, those who want to keep their stuff permanently, and those who support full loot.  I personally think full loot sounds like a fun twist on the game, but I think it would be best to have a compromise.  My idea is to be able to purchase insurance on a given item.  For example, say you have this incredibly rare weapon/armor/ect that you don't want to loose.  Rather than loosing it on death, you can pay a certain amount of gold (or other resource) to "insure" it for the next 24 hours or so. After every death during that time, you fork over an extra fee that can be lootable from your body.  Also, your item's max durability goes down.  This way, there is still incentive not to die, but if you have something you really want to keep, you can do so for a price.  

This idea will probably fall flat, and I get it if you don't like it.  The point of posting it here in the first place is to get feedback, so comment away!

If this idea was already presented somewhere else, sorry!  I'm not intentionally stealing someone else's idea! :)

I am willing to bet there won't be any really rare weapons armor etc. People keep thinking of this game like it's gear system is going to be set up like a WOW type system. Gear progression is non existent in this type of games. 

I posted this another thread, it looks like they already might have a system in place that has to do with items having a weight componant attached to each item, meaning you as a player will be restricted by how much you can carry by weight and space, doesn't mean all your stuff won't still drop and be lootable, we just might not be able to grab everything that drops. 

Edited by sarin

I don't know.  With the implementation of an advanced crafting system, I would think it would lean more towards a partial loot system.  I believe a gear degredation system is far more likely to be the main cause of equipment to fall out of circulation. 

Then items will have to decay REALLY fast and be unrepairable to keep crafting useful and crafted goods in demand.

Edited by rajah

I kind of like the idea with a few tweaks. You would only be able to insure so many items, not everything you are wearing. And insurance would need to be expensive. Say your insuranc e on an item is 25k gold or whatever, that amount needs to be deposited on the body at death. Insurance would need to also go up incrementally after each death to the point that eventually, if you died enough, you would not be able to afford to equip it.

I think that defeats the point. Everyone will always run around with their very best gear and keep it insured. They'll have no fear of losing it in combat. Once it gets low on durability, they'll line up a second set to swap it with.

It takes out too much risk. It should either be full inventory loot, or full inventory + gear loot.

I'm gonna go as far as saying I hope there isn't even gold in game, thus item decay with no way to fix it and breaks and gone or maybe salvalgable for future crafting. 

oh gawds no...

you need a common currency for any type of Economy to function decently....

hence why we don't barter any more, that blacksmith might not want to get paid in chickens for your new mace of farting...he wants some gold...

FIQw0eP.png

oh gawds no...

you need a common currency for any type of Economy to function decently....

hence why we don't barter any more, that blacksmith might not want to get paid in chickens for your new mace of farting...he wants some gold...

What exactly is he going to do with gold in this game though? Wouldn't it make more sense that he trade resources instead of gold? If there aren't any godly/ rare items in game ( which I am sure it will be) than what reason reallly is there to add a currency?

In SB after a certain amount of gold, it was pointless for the most part. I rather just see resources, armors, seige equip etc be the currency. I don't know what the point of ammassing a huge amount of gold would be any good for

Then items will have to decay REALLY fast and be unrepairable to keep crafting useful and crafted goods in demand.

You appear to believe that full loot actually removes equipment from circulation as item decay does, but it does not because the piece of equipment has merely changed hands.

What exactly is he going to do with gold in this game though? Wouldn't it make more sense that he trade resources instead of gold? If there aren't any godly/ rare items in game ( which I am sure it will be) than what reason reallly is there to add a currency?

In SB after a certain amount of gold, it was pointless for the most part. I rather just see resources, armors, seige equip etc be the currency. I don't know what the point of ammassing a huge amount of gold would be any good for

How are you going to pay for significant items like city walls and castles ? 134933489274 leather armor sets ?

well, he turns his chickens into gold so he can buy armor, and some potions and whatever else...

as opposed to trying to offer chickens to each of those merchants in barter....

those merchants then use the gold to purchase things they need, supplies for their craft, items from adventurers for salvaging or upselling and so on

as i said, basic economics...and if you have Crafters, you want a vibrant and flexible economy....to even begin that simulation, you need a currency...

simple, really...

FIQw0eP.png

You appear to believe that full loot actually removes equipment from circulation as item decay does, but it does not because the piece of equipment has merely changed hands.

Yes but it's going to be in somebody chest out of circulation for a while. 20% of player base will collect 80% of loot, moving it out of the economy for period long enough to call it permanent.

Then at some point they are going to convert it into gold and buy a castle, which eventually will be destroyed , thus removing all that value from the economy.

Edited by rajah

you're under the impression that full loot means, that every item gets looted... hell, every corpse gets looted.

you're wrong my friend