Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leiloni

Split body animations

Really, in this stage of the game, it's almost impossible to get off any abilities that lock you in place that are melee range. On the knight I'll just use the abilities I can use on the move, and chain stun if I can, and pull, but most of the time I'm circle strafing and LMB attacking. It just makes me wish that every ability could be used on the move. I personally think the game would feel a lot better without any rooted attacks at all.

Also, since animation cancelling was mentioned earlier in this thread, I LOVE animation cancelling. Anything to improve the skillcap. I like faster animations, I like twitch combat. I get that this game isn't going to be twitchy since that's not what they're going for, but imo it needs to be a LOT faster and a lot more mobile than it currently is. Darkfall speed was perfect.

Edited by Jon

Guild Wars 2 combat was not fun or fluid. I guess it could be consider "fluid", if you think spam fest is the same thing. You never actually knew what was going on in decent sized fights.

Fun ? Not overly, as you said it was mostly a spam 1 fest with the occasional field/blast or leap thrown in. 

It was very fluid though, just because players didn't use all of their abilities doesn't mean that they weren't smooth. Aside from the occasional lag spike ability use was smooth.

Guild Wars 2 combat was not fun or fluid. I guess it could be consider "fluid", if you think spam fest is the same thing. You never actually knew what was going on in decent sized fights.

This goes for just about every game I've ever played that promotes "blob" tactics. GW2 was a mess of particle effects in sieges but it was fast and the flow of combat was enough to keep me engaged. CF plays like a broken down toyota in comparison, but the devs at least acknowledge that combat needs major improvement (hence the ugly label).

Edited by helix

I am very happy with the direction of the combat.  Movement makes the game more fun.  If you are stuck in one spot when attacking, how are you going to chase someone down?  That was one of the biggest issues before they went split body.  I think the animations look great already with split body, sure they could use some improvement, but it's still pre-alpha.  Locked animations make the game dull.  You really have to think if you want to engage or not now, before you could run in, take a couple swipes and run away and no one could do anything about it.  Now you can get your ass chased down and killed while you're running away.  Combat is in the right direction, I hope they don't go back to animation locks.    

Formerly known as - AmazingTacoBurito