Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UnleashTheKraken

TBT - The Black Tides

History:

TBT is a guild that has been around since 2013, and after a short hiatus, we're planning on coming back for crowfall. We began in Guild Wars 2 as a small band of players who just wanted to have fun. We were on the lowest populated server at the time and, after running together, the idea was floated around to start a guild. The next day, someone took the initiative and started TBT. We slowly moved up the ranks and bounced around a few servers. The guild started to gain a reputation and eventually became quite a force in open field WvW (server vs server). After a few years of Gw2, we tried our hand at Archeage. Once again, we started out as a small group of players with a strong core, but eventually, through our wars within faction and against the opposite faction, we grew to become one of the better guilds on Calleil (owning most of the server's land and boasting a very active roster). We also began to branch out and did every server first world boss. Even branching out, we never forgot our roots as a PvP first guild. However, we like to stay organized, and organizing that many players becomes a job within itself so we'd like to keep it much smaller for Crowfall.

About:

TBT is semi hardcore, but more open on recruitment. We believe that, as long as a player listens and respects our philosophy, they can be a valuable contributor. Some of our best PvPers were PvE carebears at one point so we're open to giving most people a shot as long as they're willing to learn, but we won't hesitate to remove problem players. TBT is a laid back guild most of the time. We're usually chilling in TS having random conversations. We try not to take ourselves too seriously.  Our core values are having fun and making each other better players. We don't tolerate racism, sexism, or guild members putting each other down. Everyone started somewhere and we don't tolerate elitism or talking down to guildies... so please leave your ego at the door. If you're a better player, we expect you to try to teach and help players reach your level. As stated, we're looking for motivated players who want to make each other better. Our site can be accessed at theblacktides.enjin.com (the application page is in the works but feel free to apply). We require VoiP during PvP and events (at least listen in if you're feeling antisocial or shy), and we prefer members who are over 18 years of age (due to chat content / maturity issues).  

I could sit here and try to sell you our guild, but it's a lot easier to just post videos of us playing so that you can see what we're all about.

Cheers,

Kraken / El Cid

leading TBT off of cliffs since '13

GW2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6scmNCi-JiU - TBT - GW2 (negative zero)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9LgYkSizyE - TBT & MvM trading wipes 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDt2QdMqYTw - TBT & Friends  vs GoM and BP

AA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5tiMJLWn_o - Halc War (scenic dyang version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRAG_xDwggo - Freedich and Hasla - PvE parts

Derpy TBT vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Khi3v2dVUc - Derpy moment of the day 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afIGEM1qdVI - Girl look at that body (asura edition)

*We are not associated with any TBT from other games.*

Edited by UnleashTheKraken

Bump!

The Guild itself is relatively new (3ish years) it's fair to say we have many different gaming generations within, we have some members who started out in the UO days all the way to some who started gaming in the GW2 days. We have always strived to enhance the game play of all our members, whether that means to sit with them and work on bettering their skill level, helping them to complete a goal, or just hanging out and having some of the most ridiculously funny conversations over voip. 

[TBT] has a solid core of members all of which are very excited for the release of CF. 

What you can expect from TBT;

• Organization, TBT is a well oiled machine, every one of our members plays an important role, we work diligently to make sure all members are on the same page and are prepared to fight in tandem with other members.
  • Loyalty, our members are loyal to the guild, in turn the guild is loyal to our members. We believe every member from the GM down to the Recruit is an integral part of the guild.
  • Active, TBT is an active guild, we understand real life happens because of this we set up dates and times for raids but we do understand that these times are not always optimal for all members. Spur of the moment raids do happen if enough members are online.
  • Voip. We are setting up Discord for the guild, our current Discord is being used by several CF community members during testing. Once we get closer to launch we will decide on whether to make a new channel or to use the current channel with some changes made to gear it towards guild only. We ask all members to join our voip, no mic needed but we need you to be able to hear instructions for us to flow as a solid unit.
  • Fun, games are supposed to be fun, we encourage all our members to have fun, we do joke around in voip and ingame. TBT believes in contributing to our members enjoyment so our members get the most out of the game we’re playing. If our members would like to try something they think would be enjoyable for the guild we are always open to suggestions.

If you’re still unsure, check out some of the Video’s post by Kraken, that is TBT in a nutshell.

Edited by Apok

Bump, after some speed bumps some of us have returned to testing. Guild is currently active on GW2 FA server for any who may be playing GW2 and would like to see the guild running.

I joined TBT in 2013-14 after my WvW guild fizzled out.  I really enjoy TBT and the way they run.  As a previous guild leader I respect the way cid runs his guild.  He doesn't take a lot of flak(but you can still mess around, if that makes sense).  If you're failing at something he will call you out on it not to be a jerk but so you focus on that and correct it so you can better yourself.  He runs a pretty tight ship, but he's always the first to help, train and educate guild members on the game.  Despite the hardcore attitude there's always room to mess around even during guild raids.  I've met some great people in this guild and had a whole lot of laughs. 

It doesn't even matter if you're super amazing, average, or terrible.  The guild will help you become the best player you can be.

I really wouldn't run with any other group of glorious bastards.  If you want a serious PvP guild, without EGOS look no further.  You will not be disappointed.

Edited by Koldo

6 minutes ago, Koldo said:

That's a funny filter.  My bad, I'm new O:) thanks for looking out.

I get it.  If I had not read it on another post I would have no idea.  

Starting to play with 3-4 of us each weekend test, if your interested hit us up. We usually play later at night due to earlier obligations to the Guild and it's Members who haven't made the purchase yet and are still WvW'ing in GW2. Again if your a late night player/Auzzie hit us up, most likely at least a couple of us will be running around.

If anyone wants to run with us this weekend in our discord or TS feel free to shoot me a message on the forums.  Friday will likely be a grind fest for mats and crafting then likely PvP all weekend after our raids in GW2.

Hope to see yall around!

On 4/28/2017 at 4:04 AM, Koldo said:

If anyone wants to run with us this weekend in our discord or TS feel free to shoot me a message on the forums.  Friday will likely be a grind fest for mats and crafting then likely PvP all weekend after our raids in GW2.

Hope to see yall around!

Since last weekend was a wash, this offer stands for this weekend too...and the next...and the next... and the next... Just tell them Koldo sent you, it'll either get you instantly banned or instantly loved, probably loved.