Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zyber

Can my laptop handle the game?

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should it run Crowfall?

I tried the alpha test  the other day and my FPS was at 4.  Yes I said 4!!! I couldn't really do much. lol.. Here are my specs for my laptop and I am just wondering if I should even be playing this lol.  This laptop is old but it can run battlefield 3, WoW, Diablo 3, and other games just fine.

Processor - Intel® Core i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz

Manufacturer - Intel

Speed -1.6 GHz

Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M

Manufacturer - NVIDIA

Chipset - GeForce GTS 360M

Dedicated Memory - 1.0 GB

Total Memory - 3.9 GB

Pixel Shader Version - 4.1

Vertex Shader Version - 4.1

Hardware T & L - Yes

Driver Version - 9.18.13.4195

Edited by Zyber

You're going to have problems, optimization or not. I would go 8 gig (I have 16) ram at a minimum and look at what options you have upgrading your card. I have always used desktops, so I may not be the best advisor. Generally, unless you have to have portability (which you will more than likely suffer from due to wifi latency issues anyway), it's better to go with a hard wired desktop with good internet (I have pretty good at 100 Mbps down and 12 up, though I pay for it!)..

I have the same concern. I'm about to leave for Brazil for a month. I'm taking my laptop with me. It has an i7, 16 gb ram and 735m card.

This more or less, but upgraded to 16 gb ram and has an SSD now:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Vaio-SVF15N17CXB-Touchscreen-Laptop/dp/B00GJUQ0IQ

I tried running it before and it was worse than a slideshow. Basically frozen solid. I'd really like to test a bit while I'm there. Gets super hot and seems to throttle itself.

Any advice appreciated.

You're both going to have to turn the resolution way down to get anything near a terrible framerate. Specifically try 800x600 or smaller if you can get it. For heat issues you'll need to get one of the coolers/fans you can put on the bottom of your laptop. Outside of that however, you're stuck waiting on ACE to optimize it.

Sorry but I don't think you'll be able to play at any reasonable pace (20fps maximum with super low resolution).

Check if you can upgrade the GPU of the laptop... that's usually the only solution.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

You should be fine BCG even now without optimization you should be getting I'd guess around 30fps on medium settings assuming you have 8+ gigs ram. It may struggle a bit more during combat though.

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."

Just look at the minimum specs for Alpha.

These specs will likely be increased as the game moves towards launch.

Can you run it?  Sure!  But that doesn't mean that you will be able to enjoy it.

-fuzz

MC5A65T.jpg

#donteventrip [det] - 1.2 counter-strike OG - SugoiAnime-Planet stats

New processor is good but it has small speed of communicating with the res of your computer. 1,6 GHz is a half of the testing requirements. And your memory card is small and old... Try it if you have it, but I doubt it will work.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

Here I already went out and signed up to play and didnt bother checking out the system requirements. i have a similar door stop of a laptop the P has. damnit!

Edited by Konyg
fix

Originally the game seemed pretty rough on gaming laptops (HD/SP Era) but the recent tests have been much better, by much better I don't mean it can't use some more optimization but it's definitely come a ways. I would say yes, I play on a 3 yr old MSI gaming lap top and don't have to many issues, I do plan on buying a new one closer to release. A new PC would be ideal but with conferences and hotels I prefer laptops for my needs.

I would upgrade a little man. Once the full-release game comes out your laptop will not even come close to running it. You can purchase really nice laptops with at least a gtx 960m for under a $1000 now.

On 2/23/2018 at 12:40 AM, NorseLegend said:

I would upgrade a little man. Once the full-release game comes out your laptop will not even come close to running it. You can purchase really nice laptops with at least a gtx 960m for under a $1000 now.

I got a el-chep-o new laptop and it works.  either way 4 GB RAM will be an issue

Acer-Aspire-3

3.6 GHz

AMD Radeon R5 Graphics

8 GB DDR4 Ram

Crowfall runs fine on this