Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Durenthal

Where are all the testers?

Given the way the community has been managed and the direction some of the gameplay has taken I am really not interested in playing or testing.

Cue the white knights and reverse trolls.

#freeheadlight #freeprimal #bernie2016

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I know this might ruffle some feathers (and it might straight up not be possible stability wise) but I'm not against them having once a month "open house" combat tests. Give a way like 300 keys or perhaps some type of pre-alpha, alpha 1+ refer system where you can invite your friend to try the game and then have a survey at the end of the test for more "focused" feedback.

Good for several reasons:

• You can really stress your server architecture and net code.
  • New blood, and with new blood comes "fresher" feedback. 
Edited by helix

Given the way the community has been managed and the direction some of the gameplay has taken I am really not interested in playing or testing.

Cue the white knights and reverse trolls.

#freeheadlight #freeprimal #bernie2016

yikes

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

What are you interested in?

He automatically disqualified anybody from replying to him by saying que white knights and reverse trolls. In short, he's trolling.

Edited by Tark

All dissenting opinions are trolling. And lol @ Winterblades becoming the forum whiteknights.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

All dissenting opinions are trolling. And lol @ Winterblades becoming the forum whiteknights.

If all dissenting opinions are trolling, what's the point in posting?

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Look up "constructive criticism"

Then look up "agree to disagree"

Then understand, you aren't in control.

As a member of a larger gaming community, I actually do hear this quite a bit - "Combat is too slow/disjointed/(fill in the blank) and I will come back when it's better." 

I hear it too, albeit very rarely. What I said is I haven't seen many actual testers post in this thread and say that. The ones who bothered to post simply stated other reasons for absence.

Edited by coolwaters

you're getting to an unhealthy point in your relationship with this game coolwaters... just saying...

and I can also speak for my whole guild that that's the reason why noone's testing. The same issues that have been pointed out like 7 months ago, are still not fixed. Once they fix that god awful combat, we might test again, until then, hell no.

How so?

I simply pointed out that - at the time I posted - the responses in this thread did not bear out Fenris' proposition.

He may well be correct (as I believe I said in the post).

Ziz and my ex-wife agree on the productivity levels of the space I inhabit.

But, I genuinely don't like how the community is managed and the direction of the gameplay. Which is a horse I wish to not beat more than it has been beaten. I answered the question. The whiteknights descended.

Edited by checkyotrack

SWrkfdj.jpg

I wanted to join in on the tests yesterday and Sunday but unfortunately my internet was out and wasn't fixed until last night. I will be attending the test tomorrow unless something strange happens like a zombie apocalypse or something. Will have to miss the one Saturday unfortunately will be out of town.

I hear it too, albeit very rarely. What I said is I haven't seen many actual testers post in this thread and say that. The ones who bothered to post simply stated other reasons for absence.

Well its not fun to make a post that says "I can't get my guild to play".  But I can't. They won't.  I'm just saying this now because you haven't see enough posts.

I mean honestly one of the big things is how much SP has been feeling like a chore more than anything. I will probably start missing some tests just because I can't be bothered fighting the same battle on the same terrain over and over. There are several huge balance/gamplay problems with the test map itself (catapults firing over the walls, no real use for the walls) in addition a lot of the time the test is over in 5-6 minutes because half the defending team decided to go attack the bane trees. Couple this with just how zerg rush the combat feels and it's really just wearing people down.

Testing a pre-alpha game is never going to be glamorous and I cannot blame people for not wanting to test it. However I do feel that if ACE is trying to break 100+ players in one SP game then the current test times are just not going to allow that.

Edited by Remlap

I mean honestly one of the big things is how much SP has been feeling like a chore more than anything. I will probably start missing some tests just because I can't be bothered fighting the same battle on the same terrain over and over. There are several huge balance/gamplay problems with the test map itself (catapults firing over the walls, no real use for the walls) in addition a lot of the time the test is over in 5-6 minutes because half the defending tree decided to go attack the bane trees. Couple this with just how zerg rush the combat feels and it's really just wearing people down.

Testing a pre-alpha game is never going to be glamorous and I cannot blame people for not wanting to test it. However I do feel that if ACE is trying to break 100+ players in one SP game then the current test times are just not going to allow that.

I usually just run a scenario or two on patch day to see how the changes are on and give feedback (assuming the changes are large enough to even worry about). I just want to try the druid and TW module now ;p.

Edited by helix

I mean honestly one of the big things is how much SP has been feeling like a chore more than anything. I will probably start missing some tests just because I can't be bothered fighting the same battle on the same terrain over and over. There are several huge balance/gamplay problems with the test map itself (catapults firing over the walls, no real use for the walls) in addition a lot of the time the test is over in 5-6 minutes because half the defending team decided to go attack the bane trees. Couple this with just how zerg rush the combat feels and it's really just wearing people down.

I've raised my concerns about what I think of the terrain in SP. [and the layout of catapults/camps always being the same is quite repetitive too]

The majority of the combat takes place in the same flat and open areas which just isn't that varied or interesting:

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Ziz and my ex-wife agree on the productivity levels of the space I inhabit.

But, I genuinely don't like how the community is managed and the direction of the gameplay. Which is a horse I wish to not beat more than it has been beaten. I answered the question. The whiteknights descended.

I felt that way for a while, but honestly the moderation has eased up a lot from what I've seen.

The gameplay is fine based on where we are in development (my opinion only), but I respect the opinion of those who disagree. Maybe they will try it again later and like it. There are things I don't like about it too, but there simply isn't anything else on the horizon that comes close to the type of game I think this will be.

I'm not going to kick the best looking girl in the room out of bed just because she's not perfect.

I've raised my concerns about what I think of the terrain in SP. [and the layout of catapults/camps always being the same is quite repetitive too]

The majority of the combat takes place in the same flat and open areas which just isn't that varied or interesting:

I'm a huge fan of having interesting terrain and biomes to fight on. I'm not sure we'll get any of those with the procedural shake n bake system (I think they said that much about biomes); but I guess we can hope. The "flatness" of terrain in general has been something I've been scared about for awhile now (I even posted about it a long way ago). It drove me away from ESO because every location looked the same, and fighting walls and on bridges that all look similar is only fun for so long.

Edited by helix