Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Durenthal

Where are all the testers?

There has to be more possible than this same old crap they are serving us since years. Now they even stopped serving us at all, because they know they are an incompetent bunch of capitalistic ****.

Its time for something really ambitious and interesting, but the major companys are all scared and have no interested in ambitious and good games.

Its possible and its time!

All Indie developers wanting to make a good, innovative, interesting MMO should unite or collaborate somehow with each other, to make this MMO people are dreaming/thinking about since decades.

Together we are strong and powerful.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Personally I'm missing >50% of the tests this month due to the testing times.  Weekday mid mornings-afternoons are a no go due to work.  Weekends are free EXCEPT Sundays from 9-10 PM where I join several million other folks in watching an HBO show.  They also recently had some US East testing start at 10pm EST, which isn't viable either.  (Again, work in morning)  

I think there's more than a few people in the same boat as me.  

This is the biggest issue with me as well, the testing times just do not work for me. I am on the East coast which gets decent latency usually around 70ms but when I try to play on West coast servers it usually jumps to 150-200ms which for me is nearly unplayable for me. So East coast servers are the only ones I even attempt to join. However, there is no way in the world that I can make 11am-1pm testing for US East during week days (I work 7am-5pm). As for week days and weekends the really late times do not really work either due to family time/ going to sleep early to start new work week. I may have the time to log once or twice a month but that is about it.

Unfortunately that is how it works, when the mini campaign starts I am sure I will get more time to test but till then I will survive I hope :P

Edited by Kregard

They do not ask who we are for fear of the truth. They do not ask who we are because the look says it all.

Kregard of the Crimson Riders, Cremoria

There has to be more possible than this same old crap they are serving us since years. Now they even stopped serving us at all, because they know they are an incompetent bunch of capitalistic ****.

Its time for something really ambitious and interesting, but the major companys are all scared and have no interested in ambitious and good games.

Its possible and its time!

All Indie developers wanting to make a good, innovative, interesting MMO should unite or collaborate somehow with each other, to make this MMO people are dreaming/thinking about since decades.

Together we are strong and powerful.

What is this mmo we have been dreaming about?

Star Citizen is not my ideal game by a long shot.

There are billions of gamers in the world, most of which do not care about SC or what you, I, or anyone else wants.

I hope it does well, but it isn't going to magically change anything and will just be another game for a group to enjoy.

Back in the 90s the crowd was so small that there was a larger sense of "we" but that is long gone. For me, I simply hope that a company can put out something of quality that I can enjoy for a bit.

SC has ~1.4 backers and raised $115 million. Overwatch has 10 million and bare minimum made $400 million in 3 weeks. It is extremely easy to see why companies go this route over taking the huge risk that mmos are. Enthusiasm and love of the game is good and all, but it won't make a game "good."

Crowfall sounded like enough of a mix of things I've enjoyed that I backed it, but it isn't my perfect game on paper. I hope to be surprised, but over two decades of online gaming have taught me to not get my hopes up so high that the fall is going to hurt.

Despite Blizzard or insert company people like to trash wanting to make money, there are still people in the studio giving it their all to not only earn a paycheck, but to make something they are proud of. Blizzard scrapping a potentially huge mmo which could of potentially been great and going into a completely different market is ambitious to me. Just as they've gone after several others over recent years.

Even when companies release a bug filled one play through and never again game, I doubt they had that in mind as their end goal.

No matter how much any indie dev wants to shake our hand and say they are doing it for us, the dedicated fan, money is a driving factor. If they are going to cater to "us" that usually means those that will keep the lights on the longest.

At some point you have to look at your own balance sheet of quality, quantity, hitting the right bullet points, etc and realize there are good/bad points to every decision and gaming isn't a black and white industry. Hence why there are critics, haters, fanbois, those just there for some fun, and plenty that simply don't care when looking at any game.

Edited by APE

Well well..., if you looked at the gaming industry the recent 15 years or at the E3 last years, and you dont get the feeling that these people nowadays calling themselves game developers are a disgusting bunch of capitalistic people with very very few exceptions, then my friend you got absolutely not the slightest clue about gaming or life in general, especially if you know how the gaming industry, life and things in general used to be 20 years ago.

The results of all of this can be seen every day in the news and the streets, or you choose not to look at it, and look the other way ignoring things, like so many have chosen to handle things this way.

With "you" I mean nobody in specific, its just that if I engage myself with gaming these years, its like I get this really bad taste in my mouth, and this years E3 really got this made even much more worse than usually, and usually its already really bad. And its like I just cant get rid of this bad taste, no matter how much I want or try to.

Oh god, just give me a game studio, so I could put an end to this myself finally...

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

at the E3 last years, and you dont get the feeling that these people nowadays calling themselves game developers are a disgusting bunch of capitalistic 

I went to E3 a few years ago. What a soul crusher.  If you love gaming, don't go to E3.   Most of the people who go there hate their jobs, and hate gamers more.  The videos you see on E3 are nothing like the event itself, and many aren't actually even made there anyway.  

I want to have a game that I thoroughly enjoy after all the testing ends. After a lot of time gaming and working on games has taught me that less exposure to the same game over a long period of time the better. Really don't want to be burnt out on the core 40% of the game and not even be able to enjoy the rest of it when does get fully implemented and reasonably polished.

Mostly I am waiting for a game to test.  These fake kickstarter tests with sporadic events won't work for my or most peoples schedule.  I am not going to jump when emailed.

Leave the servers up 12 hours a day.  3pm to 3am.   So what if they crash or lag.  We know it's alpha.