Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Urahara

Will NCsoft make a new MMO, and will it be EverQuest Next?

The only big publisher working at a new MMO at the moment or anytime soon is NC Soft in my opinion.

So you think, if they are making a new MMO, it will be something like EverQuest Next?

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

The only big publisher working at a new MMO at the moment or anytime soon is NC Soft in my opinion.

So you think, if they are making a new MMO, it will be something like EverQuest Next?

If I recall blizzard was hiring people for a diablo themed game that did not necessarily sound like an expansion... so there could be that.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

If I recall blizzard was hiring people for a diablo themed game that did not necessarily sound like an expansion... so there could be that.

Blizzard was hiring people for diablo themed game while at the same time lowering their support on diablo 3. General estimations were that they were planning to make switch to Diablo 4 quickly but what actually will happen im curiously waiting for

World of Warcraft is for sure outdated by now, and not interesting anymore.

But will they just continue WoW until its really dead, or will there be a WoW 2, or a completly new MMO like they tried with Overwatch?

You guess there will be a Diablo 4 and its gonna be an MMO?

Didnt Blizzard state that there wont be an MMO version of Diablo 3?

Edited by Urahara

Blizzard states a lot of things, and then things change...

I feel like at this point they will always want to have an MMO because it keeps their portfolio diversified... they are already covering a lot of genres, there's no reason to not have a giant mmo chugging away at all times, and WoW isn't making the money that it used to.  That being said, Triple A mmos require a lot of money to invest in... so it may not always be worth it to them if they don't see enough upside to it... just in this case blizzard tends to have the resources, and they already have so many other genres covered, that I feel they will work on an MMO especially now that WoW seems like it is mortal.

But they should have known that already when they cancelled Project Titan.

So why did they cancel Titan if want to make a new MMO?

But they should have known that already when they cancelled Project Titan.

So why did they cancel Titan if want to make a new MMO?

Because their scope with titan was too great and the vision wasn't coming together and fitting properly... But from the ashes of titan spawned overwatch...  Also at the time that they were diddling around with titan, WoW was still doing way better than they had initially expected, but now that isn't the case, as it has seen massive decline in subs and has not shown the ability to weather that storm like it used to be able to.

Blizzard are a bunch of uninspired, uncreative cowards and capitalists these days.

They arent anymore the interesting company they were back in the days.

I dont think there will be something appealing or ambitious coming from them, in the next few years.

NCsoft is a much better bet in my opinion, for an interesting upcoming MMO.

Blizzard are a bunch of uninspired, uncreative cowards and capitalists these days.

They arent anymore the interesting company they were back in the days.

I dont think there will be something appealing or ambitious coming from them, in the next few years.

NCsoft is a much better bet in my opinion, for an interesting upcoming MMO.

I think blizzard are greedy but when push comes to shove if they see a big enough incentive to make a good game they will make one. 

Well blizzard was never innovative or something, they always just builded up on the games of others and refined them, so that they were polished and appeal to a broader range of people.

So maybe by now Blizzard achieved enough "inspiration" from EverQuest Next, Star Citizen and Crowfall, so that they can make a new MMO.

WoW for sure wont be holding out muc longer, the days of WoW are over.

So a new Blizzard MMO or no Blizzard MMO.

The thing with blizzard is in past they had balls to try daring ideas, thats what made them this succesful. But nowadays they seem to be playing the coward, trying simple ideas to be successful. Diablo mmo would have potential, a hardcore mmo set in already a dark world, with proper implementation it could really capture long lost aspects of gaming whom gamers have missed for years. But i sooooo doubt blizzard would be daring to try that.

That being said, i really dont see NCSoft making any mmo anytime soon, they just released Wildstar and Blade and soul. Well actually wildstar was a while ago but yeah. Even if they have mmo idea in  their heads, they sure are going to take their time for it. Because they learned the hard way that themeparks no longer work.

Edited by Eren