Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IdeaMatrix

Guild Respect

None?  I don't have a problem with any, but I don't think you really earn any respect for making large groups at this stage of testing.  Better question come beta, imo.

I've only seen their A Team so far, but I personally think Sugoi has played quite well as a group. When there are -W- teams on different sides, Sugoi nearly always seem to tip the scales and decide the match.

And yes, Sugoi, -W-, Caldera and HaH (do they still exist?) have a big advantage compared to solo / pug testers. I wish more folks would form up into guilds and get into a TS or Vent server. They'd enjoy it a lot more.

The only consistent guilds with meaningful sizes I see are -W- and Sugio. It may only be testing and not count toward release epeen status BUT the fact they are helping make the game better and able to coordinate & motivate their members at this early stage of testing is great.

I'll be excited to see what kinda guild activity we get once were closer to open beta. I will then sell my body to join a strong tribe of Vikings for protection.

MOkvLlm.png

I actually have less respect for guilds that tryhard in a pre-alpha... I'm all for people testing the game, and really helping ACE find bugs and providing good feedback for them to improve the game... but I start to cringe when people make "frag" videos and start acting like they are the authority on the game just cause they sink time into a pre-alpha simplistic version of the game.

Edit:  TLDR; help ace by testing, don't get cocky by winning some HD or SP matches.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I actually have less respect for guilds that tryhard in a pre-alpha... I'm all for people testing the game, and really helping ACE find bugs and providing good feedback for them to improve the game... but I start to cringe when people make "frag" videos and start acting like they are the authority on the game just cause they sink time into a pre-alpha simplistic version of the game.

Edit:  TLDR; help ace by testing, don't get cocky by winning some HD or SP matches.

Not only did you not answer the question but, you managed to be offensive towards every guild in alpha hahaha

Not only did you not answer the question but, you managed to be offensive towards every guild in alpha hahaha

Not every guild is tryharding...  and me saying I don't respect guilds that do in pre-alpha shouldn't be offensive... it is just a fact. 

We've already seen certain guilds start trying to throw their weight around even early on in HD... trying to manipulate matches and sabotage other groups to get winning screen shots, trying to hop to less competitive servers when multiple servers were up... etc...

My TLDR is pretty obvious and there's really no reason anyone should disagree with it.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

i'm in a guild and I agree with this :)

just in it for a the voice chat / community aspect rather than winning [as you can probably tell from some of my...odder threads]

still it does make the games less chaotic...[but not when you end up with the super one sided all guilds on one faction...then you need to call greenpeace for that poor tree]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

i'm in a guild and I agree with this :)

just in it for a the voice chat / community aspect rather than winning [as you can probably tell from some of my...odder threads]

still it does make the games less chaotic...[but not when you end up with the super one sided all guilds on one faction...then you need to call greenpeace for that poor tree]

I understand the sentiment but, I don't agree. The people making frag videos are generating community content and test hype. The harder people play, the better devs can handle things like pvp balance. It may not be fun for the people on the losing end of a stacked team but, this is how the game is designed. You're never going to have a balanced and fair time while playing alone. It's only going to get worse when campaigns have entire factions of stacked guilds. Organize against the good teams and up the threat level.

to clarify - was stating MY reasons for being in a guild

i have no problem with what anyone else does. i wouldn't call any of the current guilds tryhard.

i'm just foremost a tester at this stage.

I agree we need to test the boundaries of the mechanics in organised group environments

(which make the matches far more interesting when it is balanced distribution and not just stacked all on one faction)

i like the community videos - as long as the vibes remaining friendly rivaly a.l.a ziz and winterblades

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

-W- , Sugoi , MWH, CAL, we're all from different guilds but these are the only ones showing up to help shape the game. As for being tryhards, I dont know how we can improve the game unless we push each archetype to each of their skill ceilings (not sure if this can be called tryhard cause the games not hard to play). Both Cuddles and I can agree we could be playing so much better but we have very limited options in combat.

you don't need to be part of a guild to help shape the game

Exactly. I forgot (wink wink) the name of the guild who sent pictures of the scoreboard (I don't know the exact name in english) at every game (HD) where they managed to win

Edited by Aang