First Look: Gaea's Wail - Official discussion thread

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@destrin   http://i.imgur.com/shFqkVS.jpg  

A behind-the-scenes look at the process for creating effects for the Druid's "Gaea's Wail" ability    FULL STORY

Most often, it's a matter of having to wait for the work to be completed to a stage that we can film it. You may have seen me say before that we plan web content out about a month in advance; typicall

Looks really cool, fun to see the process.

Not sure about the swirly effects. To many jumbled around. Maybe just 1 big swirl coming up as it materializes... But it looks really cool and you can really feel it launch!

Ps. I want a Bear Mount!!!

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

From a technical standpoint I loved to see how they created the particles.  The whole thing was pretty cool, and I'm glad to see this type of animation in the game.

From a game play standpoint, I'm glad to see that the bear really shoots across and doesn't just lope to the target.

Edited by Mazon

Not a question: I love that you don't make it hyper realistic. Personally I like stylized aethetic more because it looks more interesting.

The look Crowfall has is really great!

Keep it up =D

I AM ME!
I love you all.

Looks really cool, fun to see the process.

Not sure about the swirly effects. To many jumbled around. Maybe just 1 big swirl coming up as it materializes... But it looks really cool and you can really feel it launch!

Ps. I want a Bear Mount!!!

Agree, the swirly effects look a bit too busy. IMO, less swirly and more smokey effects.

Overall though looks great for first iteration.

Edited by pang

Agree, the swirly effects look a bit too busy. IMO, less swirly and more smokey effects.

Overall though looks great for first iteration.

Exactly, i couldnt find the right words, too busy and add more smokey effects.

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

I'd like to thank the devs for all the detailed work they have put into making this an awesome Druid attack with swirling smoke and stuff. However I'm thinking the knight needs a hard counter, if he times it just right, a punch to the chest that stops the charging bear right in it's tracks.