Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THOUGHTS:

champion's heal debuff should of gone to knight to give them additional utility to stop the issue of them being ignored?

(p.s. bonus points if you name the status effect "just a flesh wound")

As others have stated champions are very strong at the moment. I do however agree that it was mechanically boring that there was no effect on the 3rd champion chain.

I disagree about moving the debuff from meteor: the skill was largely useless with range rebalancing that took place compared to its previous utility. it needed something extra...

now you spam that into a group and hit 3 people....bye bye 15k healing! (e.g. cancelling out a rallying cry or most of an eternal rage hp restore...)

as a lego and confessor: GOOD

QUESTIONS:

will these two heal debuffs be subject to diminishing returns / immunity?

how long does the champion mortal strike affect last on a target?

what happens with confessor meteor if you hit them again before the first effect has been used?

will it refresh the duration/hp count or be ignored and continue the first duration/hp count?

assume these debuffs work on trees and catapults? (finally a counter..)

will these debuffs affect combat hp regen and say champions <50% hp regen / knights self healing resolve?

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Yup! At some point we will start putting portions of the powers into Promotion classes and Disciplines. I suspect it will be a challenging process as we don't want to carve out too much of the fun for the sake of progression. Right now however we need to keep testing the tech as it gets built and the best way to do that is add it to the existing kits.

A good example of this is Block. The current iteration pretty much has the kitchen sink in it. (DR+CCImmune+Magic Reflect+Movement+Lasts for a long Time) The full functionality will only be available to the Crusader but not the Sent or Swordsman. For the Knight we make a toned down or much more expensive version.

Also I wouldn't worry about downloading the patch now, the playtest isn't until tomorrow night! 

I'm hoping block on movement stays a core component regardless of promotion.

It does make me wonder which ability will be badass for a Sent or Swordsman? Is it all ready badass and we don't know it? Is Champion 4x leap their version of block?

Lol, ya on the Champ. Needs toned down a tad, but as Blair says, none of this is necessarily here to stay.

On the promotion class abilities, I can think of a few ways to make them awesome and differentiated. Conversation for another thread, however.

Meteor Purge now also applies Black Mantle to targets, which absorbs all healing that target takes up to 5k or the effect wears off after 30 seconds.

i'll let you know when i stop fapping.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

I have to say that while I an glad that ACE is building and testing new features and functionality, I really wish you would have considered balancing things when you do.

Right now Champs can do the following:

1. 4 jump
  2. Massive and unstoppable bleed
  3. Go immune
  4. Suppress all powers
  5. Block Healing

Why on god's green earth would you make one archetype so over powered without adding some balance as well? Who in their right mind would play anything else that's just going to get slaughtered over and over? 

I cannot count how many times I've seen Confessors die from unstoppable massive bleed damage. As i suggested in another feedback thread to at least add a bleed stop to the Legionnaires #2 heal for pity's sake or to some archetype currently in play.

As for Legionnaires, they were intended to be front line support who have to get in the fight to build up rage to use their powers. But now if they get in the fight they will be bled and Black Mantelled till they are dropping like "horse" flies all over the place (their heals were the only thing that gave the something special in the form of better-than-most survivability).

Along with their already weakest damage in the game so far, and these new changes just made, all this just leaves them as tree healers and that's about it.

Edited by Dakyn

4 jump

Go immune

to add:

three SEPARATE sources of damage immunity [everyone else only has 1-2 at the moment - knight block + c, lego c, confessor c, ranger c]

[#5 ultimate warrior, #6 stoneform, #C neckbreaker]

:)

and leap still does decent damage and gives rage too - unlike most of the other movement powers [some minor damage on lego dodge...]

Edited by Tinnis

I have to say that while I an glad that ACE is building and testing new features and functionality, I really wish you would have considered balancing things when you do.

Right now Champs can do the following:

1. 4 jump
  2. Massive and unstoppable bleed
  3. Go immune
  4. Suppress all powers
  5. Block Healing

Why on god's green earth would you make one archetype so over powered without adding some balance as well? Who in their right mind would play anything else that's just going to get slaughtered over and over? 

I cannot count how many times I've seen Confessors die from unstoppable massive bleed damage. As i suggested in another feedback thread to at least add a bleed stop to the Legionnaires #2 heal for pity's sake or to some archetype currently in play.

As for Legionnaires, they were intended to be front line support who have to get in the fight to build up rage to use their powers. But now if they get in the fight they will be bled and Black Mantelled till they are dropping like "horse" flies all over the place (their heals were the only thing that gave the something special in the form of better-than-most survivability).

Along with their already weakest damage in the game so far, and these new changes just made, all this just leaves them as tree healers and that's about it.

I'd like to see a "passive" cleanse on the legionnaire heal, but on an internal cool down so it's not totally crazy and basically trivialize debuffs. This could even be a "combo" (I use that term loosely). Either that or fill in the rest of the archetypes bars, cause 5-6 abilities aren't enough.

Edited by helix

I'd like to see a "passive" cleanse on the legionnaire heal, but on an internal cool down so it's not totally crazy and basically trivialize debuffs. This could even be a "combo" (I use that term loosely). Either that or fill in the rest of the archetype's bars, cause 5-6 abilities aren't enough.

yes as i've ranted before:

lego's ability options and gameplay variation pales in comparison to the flow and options available to the druid

[either: more combos or more trays whatever - in the current state the lego looks far less diverse even though i thematically prefer the lego i feel druid will be more interesting and impacfful to play]

which is a MAJOR problem if there are only 2 support options in the whole game

Edited by Tinnis

yes as i've ranted before:

lego's ability options and gameplay variation pales in comparison to the flow and options available to the druid

[either: more combos or more trays whatever - in the current state the lego looks far less diverse even though i thematically prefer the lego i feel druid will be more interesting and impacfful to play]

which is a MAJOR problem if there are only 2 support options in the whole game

Well one was built a year ago, with limited tech (and iterated on regularly) and the other is still being built, with more and better tech. The Legio will get his upgrade in due time. And if the Legio doesn't become more diverse/complex/interesting before soft launch, then your concern will have better merit.

I don't disagree with you, I just don't see the need to voice concerns over something that isn't the currently the focus of the Team.

Edited by coolster50

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Well one was built a year ago, with limited tech (and iterated on regularly) and the other is still being built, with more and better tech. The Legio will get his upgrade in due time. And if the Legio doesn't become more diverse/complex/interesting before soft launch, then your concern will have better merit.

I don't disagree with you, I just don't see the need to voice concerns over something that isn't the currently the focus of the Team.

I agree that the eventual Legionnaire will not be like it is now, however my current big concern is the people will play mostly Champions at the expense of other archetypes and so testing will get skewed and issues/weakness/balance reporting and metrics will ultimately suffer.

Yes your points are valid.

I'm aware Legos have been shoehorned to fit the needs and tech of the testing as it goes along and they've done some good work changing him over time already.

Just thinking long term is all, don't expect them to prioritize it right now.

And considering a broader problem if we are going to have inconsistent ability numbers between single and dual bar classes.

[i'm not saying all archetypes should have dual bars - but the ones that don't should have more combo chain options. i like the combo chain system. they should expand it everywhere...]

I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't have 'simple' archetypes / resource systems - especially in the category where there are only two options.

Edited by Tinnis

Or everyone could wait for the majority of missing archetypes before theory crafting more, new, and changes to abilities on current archetypes?

Yes and no... now is the time to help shape the basics of an archetype insofar as a backer and tester can, just keeping in mind that what we see now is only a dark reflection of what will be.   

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Yes and no... now is the time to help shape the basics of an archetype insofar as a backer and tester can, just keeping in mind that what we see now is only a dark reflection of what will be.   

indeed. 

i'll write my thoughts but i'm demanding nothing. they are free to read and do whatever they want at their own pace / design.