Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grayfox

Full time test server

What are the chances of implementing a full time test server?   This would allow us to log on and test the latest build and provide feedback.   

The server could be strictly PVE and allow us to test out skills, movement, and other features of the game.   The PVE only server would encourage participation and maintain interest during the PVP server testing.

If not now, when?

What are the chances of implementing a full time test server?   This would allow us to log on and test the latest build and provide feedback.   

The server could be strictly PVE and allow us to test out skills, movement, and other features of the game.   The PVE only server would encourage participation and maintain interest during the PVP server testing.

If not now, when?

a room with a training dummy :P

they have stated that the next stage of testing, the mini campaign / "Throne War module", will be a more persistent server.

http://crowfall.com/en/news/throne-war-module-overview/

Three faction rules (Order, Balance, Chaos) – similar to God’s Reach
Much bigger play area with room for multiple keeps (three or more, placed by us)
Siege mechanics to capture these strongholds
The map is made up of parcels that we’ve placed by hand (in the future they will be procedurally generated)
The campaign will last multiple days (around half a week) and be “live” the entire time (except maintenance, as necessary)
The world will include capture points that produce resources (stone, iron, wood)
Those resources are necessary to build and repair the strongholds
You’ll need to use caravan animals to move those resources around the map

p.s. the current lack of persistence led me to make a resource site - check it out out if you want to look up powers / skills outside of the game

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

A "training room" would be nice, yep....could be useful as well when taking screens for outside fansites, I remember feeling terribly guilty for not participating in the match, but rather taking screens for a guide xD

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

a room with a training dummy :P

I have suggested this before because I know people like you would use it to gather and hash out a whole plethora of useful data. 

Edited by chodie

Hg0LXwa.png

I think they want to keep people chomping at the bit to play so they get more players for optimization, netcode, and large scale warfare. For now, anyhow.

Also, running a 24/7 server is expensive. No need to pay out the big bux until it is truly necessary.

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

This. We need a 24/48 hour test server when conducting these tests. I am sitting here looking at the invite to test the druid, and the available slots are 2-3 hour slots. This is far to restrictive. Keep the servers open for a couple of days and allow better tests.