Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Old Champion footage

Groovin

Saw I had some HD footage from a few months ago, so I thought I'd try my hand at making a terrible montage.

https://youtu.be/dTuxYHl3b-c

Unfortunately it's terrible in a lot of different ways, as in the encoding was horrible to begin with due to it being the first time I tried recording anything, then when I exported the video it turned out even worse, at a lower resolution with black bars and whatnot.**
This was mostly for fun, not to show off anything.

**Re-exported and reuploaded, so now you can actually see what's going on with the 1080p option. Still artifacts, though

Edited by Groovin

231e101d88.jpg

Hello,

if you can i'd recommend using Geforce experience's Shadowplay if you want something that is easy, good quality for catching bugs / oddities after they happen

has a "save last X minutes of footage" feature.

Geforce experience's ShadowPlay

then use something else (i use crappy windows movie maker) to render it down to 720/1080p for yotube

Hello,

if you can i'd recommend using Geforce experience's Shadowplay if you want something that is easy, good quality for catching bugs / oddities after they happen

has a "save last X minutes of footage" feature.

Geforce experience's ShadowPlay

then use something else (i use crappy windows movie maker) to render it down to 720/1080p for yotube

OBS!

Open-source with replay-buffer for those ohh-poorly made socks moments when you forgot to start just before the bug :)

(I'm using VSDC for editing but that's prolly overkill :D )

Hello,

I'll definitely check it out and see how well it works for me. Thanks!

Using OBS at the moment, actually. Mainly because you can click record and it just goes without being much of a strain, if at all. Also video size is more manageable than, say, fraps.

I haven't really looked into the settings since I got it, so this first one turned out nice and artifact-y, and I'm probably missing out on other features.

Edited by Groovin

231e101d88.jpg

Hurlbats flying everywhere  :lol:

I think no cooldown, low cost hurlbats were my favourite part about that particular point of testing.

That or rend being a death sentence if you were at around 50% hp.

231e101d88.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I think no cooldown, low cost hurlbats were my favourite part about that particular point of testing.

That or rend being a death sentence if you were at around 50% hp.

yup looks fun. like a spirit laser battle. PEW PEW PEW

sYLsgUP.gif

i'm also sort of surprised that this old version had some supieor UI elements to what we have now.

notably:

- Buff and debuff second durations were visible - how many seconds remaining

- Current and maximum resource values were visible [e.g. specifically how much rage i have now and my max value)

Also does any one else prefer the lower hp and damage numbers (.e.g 7,500 to 9,500 hp champion health) and crits of 900 etc compared to the HP and DAMAGE inflation we have these days?

[41k to 60k hp - crits up to like 26k etc]
Edited by Tinnis

i'm also sort of surprised that this old version had some supieor UI elements to what we have now.

notably:

- Buff and debuff second durations were visible - how many seconds remaining

- Current and maximum resource values were visible [e.g. specifically how much rage i have now and my max value)

Also does any one else prefer the lower hp and damage numbers (.e.g 7,500 to 9,500 hp champion health) and crits of 900 etc compared to the HP and DAMAGE inflation we have these days?

[41k to 60k hp - crits up to like 26k etc]

Yeah, it's been bugging me lately. I don't know why they removed the values, I'd much prefer to know how long each buff and debuff lasts. Being able to know how long left I have to make the most of a buff or how long a debuff lasts to determine whether or not to run/fight/heal.

I do wish they'd go back to the smaller HP pools and damage values. It seemed a lot more manageable and satisfying when you did end up getting a huge damage number. I'd like to think changing it back is as simple as chopping off a 0 or two from the health and damage values, but maybe it isn't.

Also, love seeing the gifs you extract from a lot of the video content put up here. Good stuff.

231e101d88.jpg