• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Armor FAQ: Benefits and bonuses - Official discussion thread

Cool.....

On another note:

DRUID INFO OR RIOT!

Don't Riot!

When Druids wear leather, they gain -15% Essence Cost and +15% Essence Generation

When Druids wear chain, Nature's Avatar gives the target 5% Life Steal

When Druids wear Plate, Faerie Fire gains a stun.

See, Druid info :P

If all goes according to plan, Druid info on Thursday. (I hope I didn't jinx it!)

I hope its a bomb of info

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Nice information tucked away on the Druid.  I am really pleased to see the druid armor set bonuses; those actually look useful.  The fessor and ranger ones haven't been too noticeable, will the other bonus sets get tweaked as the other archetypes sets are released?

This information is also available on the Tester resource site

enchants

gear [base armor set bonuses, example SP gear and damage resistance table]

@ace please feel free to take the HTML version of the damage resistance table I made - including the in game resistance icons so people can learn them

Edited by Tinnis

Looking like a good system.  Armor choices like that allow for a meta to develop healthy design.    Fighting a ton of physical damage players? then run chain or plate; start seeing more magic damage coming your way, then switch to leather armor.

Edited by Xomox

@ace 

1)

are you able to confirm or deny if Druid's Nature's Avatar will work to increase siege weapon damage?

2)

regarding "default armor" what archetype wears what default type?

e.g. i've seen skill training talk about wearing default leather default mail default plate....

but no information as to what default each class gets...

Edited by Tinnis

As a lone tester who random queues a Legio every time and writing from that perspective, this is what I have to say about the choices:

At this time, the Legio strength largely, though not completely, rests in his maneuverability.  As such, leather is the superior alternative.  Not only does it give a getaway stam buff, it also does not reduce movement and has good defense against magic derived damage. 

You might be tempted to go for plate, as it has some great defense and a nice attack power buff, but the drawbacks are too severe.  First, the -20% damage has to mitigate the attack power buff somewhat (I assume, don't really know what attack power does, exactly) and the increased melee focused defenses are inferior when compared to simply taking no damage at all by moving out of the way (such as leather provides).  I've tried them both and find I have much more survivability in leather and gives me increase opportunity to deliver damage without a -20% damage debuff.  Some of this is probably playstyle related, I will concede.        

Chain seems to clearly be the weakest choice.

I like the idea that each armor has its strengths and weaknesses, and I hope that ACE stays with this model.  However, in the case of the Legio, I'd like to see plate and especially chain become more useful alternatives without reducing the benefits of leather (too much). 

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

I don't know if they stated what they're actually working towards with passives on armors, but I kinda hope that armor buffs aren't "static". I'd like the ability to actually slot different effects for different powers on them. Same goes with weapons. Gimme dat customization. Also curious why they settled on Plate, Chain and Leather and not the "clear cut" Heavy, Medium and Light armor types.

Edited by helix

I don't know if they stated what they're actually working towards with passives on armors, but I kinda hope that armor buffs aren't "static". I'd like the ability to actually slot different effects for different powers on them. Same goes with weapons. Gimme dat customization. Also curious why they settled on Plate, Chain and Leather and not the "clear cut" Heavy, Medium and Light armor types.

are you talking about the enchant effects?

they said they will make it more choice / mix and match crafting later..

Although we don’t have a crafting system in place yet, one of the ideas that we’ve been toying with is “armor set enchantments,” which would likely manifest as a new branch of the crafting tree.

Note that these set bonuses are all “nice to haves” -- noticeable, but not overwhelming from a balance perspective. Right now they are also ties to very simply collections (“just get all leather pieces”) but in the future could also allow for more varied combinations (“mail torso + leather boots and gloves + viper mask = Serpentine enchantment that increases stamina regeneration and poison resistance).

Edited by Tinnis

Don't Riot!

When Druids wear leather, they experience -15% Essence Cost on the death tray and +15% Essence Generation on the life tray.

When Druids wear chain, Nature's Avatar gives the target 5% Life Steal

When Druids wear Plate, Faerie Fire gains a stun.

See, Druid info :P

I hope its a bomb of info

Every other armor choice on this table features a benefit for the wearer. 

Unless your Druid wants to stay nuking longer and healing less, the leather buff is a curse to Druids.

Why do you want to punish them for wearing the only non-ferrous armor choice? Are you tired of cliche' Druids?

Edited by BurgundytheRed

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

I haven't been the biggest fan of many combat decisions, but nearly everything I have seen about the armor(minus the... strange RNG hit location thingy) have been really interesting!

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

The Confessor's Plate bonus reads: Fervor no longer reduces your armor and knocks down enemies in an area around you.

There might be some confusion so you might want to reword it as "Fervor knocks down enemies in an area around you and no longer reduces your armor."

Unless of course... it removes the Fervor's ability to knock down (I don't remember what Fervor does).

Every other armor choice on this table features a benefit for the wearer. 

Unless your Druid wants to stay nuking longer and healing less, the leather buff is a curse to Druids.

Why do you want to punish them for wearing the only non-ferrous armor choice? Are you tired of cliche' Druids?

The purpose is exactly as you say: to stay nuking longer and healing less....