Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders' Update: Shifting gears - Official discussion thread

Perhaps having longer blackout periods is better to keep testers feeling fresh and proactive as well... I think testing too much caused a lot of people to burn out...

or as they say - having small patches with small changes that may go unnoticed may not be as exciting as a whole stack of new elements to explore

and there have definitely been certain patches that were a chore - either for performance or balance issues...

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

We want you playing in our first prototype of a campaign late this summer, having Eternal Kingdoms in the fall and getting most of the systems in place this year.

Does this mean your target for the soft launch is by the end of the year or early next year? The purpose of the soft launch was to get all essential systems in place and then let us start playing the game persistently without wipes from what I recall in the last update. Based on this information above one could deduce that the soft launch target date is currently end of 2016 / early 2017.

Can I get a wink or a nod? 

I think it's a good plan. Testing the same stuff over and over was getting stale if I'm being honest. 

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

While I like the idea of more changes per testing cycle, and more testers per test, I am saddened that I won't get to test as often.  I've been enjoying the current tests (although I seem to be one of the few in that regard).

I hope we get more robust information dumps going forward.  If we can't test, at least let us theorycraft.

Leaving for the summer and sad to see I'll likely miss out on testing the druid but excited I'll be back in time to play the prototype campaigns in guessing August or September. Can't wait!

I'm a little sad we won't be seeing campaign worlds until the end of the summer (July was what I had originally predicted, and it looks like August might be when we first start seeing it).  However, I agree that the change to the testing schedule was necessary.  Less tests will hopefully increase productivity between tests because you have less total builds.

Anyways, looking forward to the continued advanced of this production!

qMEsHyg.png

www.winterblades.net

Hard to complain about having things to test.  Just as long as the testing periods arent too far apart.  Supporters can always find something else to occupy their time.  

Enjoying the transparency from ACE, glad to see that development is coming along.  

They have opened up so much to the community, and for that I am glad; but I am bit saddened by not having "more" testing sessions.  I understand (and support) the decision; I just have to realize that we are witnesses to a part of the process historically reserved for only a few testers.

I'm glad to see that campaigns will be coming, but I am really excited about any news on the EKs.

Thank you for this informative update. The best of luck in progress with Crowfall I wish you guys. Cant wait to see Crowfall coming to life and be part of it. Really wanna play it.

I'm a little sad we won't be seeing campaign worlds until the end of the summer (July was what I had originally predicted, and it looks like August might be when we first start seeing it).  However, I agree that the change to the testing schedule was necessary.  Less tests will hopefully increase productivity between tests because you have less total builds.

Anyways, looking forward to the continued advanced of this production!

Yes, developing a complex game in the MMORPG genre in only 2 years just isnt realistic, even not for a big company.

So lets be real and say that Crowfall will at minimum need until late 2017 to be in a state, where we imagine it to be anywhere near our ideal game we all are hoping for to be enjoying together.

Hard to complain about having things to test.  Just as long as the testing periods arent too far apart.  Supporters can always find something else to occupy their time.  

Enjoying the transparency from ACE, glad to see that development is coming along.  

Yes, lets hope No Man's Sky and Civilization 6 will be interesting.

Crowfall and Star Citizen need at least until end of 2017, Star Citizen probably even longer.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.